PC randomly waking up from sleep

keenhydra

So I've been having this issue since the last windows update I did. Windows 10 Pro version 1903.

Last update I did was the first week of March. 

I have the habit of putting my PC to sleep mode every night when I go to bed or when I leave the house. 

But as of late my PC started waking itself up from sleep mode at random times, no real pattern in it. Can be 10 minutes after, can be 8 hours.

In the BIOS I have every wake option except for BIOS turned off. 

Something else that might be useful, on every boot or reboot it boots straight in the BIOS without any input from me. Given I don't reboot my PC a lot I can't guarantee it does this every time. 

Specs

Ryzen R5 1600

NZXT Kraken x62

MSI Krait x370 Gaming

MSI RTX 2080 Super Gaming X Trio

Corsair RM750x 

Crucial 512GB SSD

2x WD 2TB Blue

1x WD 2TB Green

Fractal Design R5

Can post peripherals if need be

windows sleep is very VERY finicky, if your computer is in sleep mode and a fly sits on your keyboard the computer just turns on with the slightest of inputs so you could try unplugging your peripherals as a troubleshooting step

Just now, ki8aras said:

windows sleep is very VERY finicky, if your computer is in sleep mode and a fly sits on your keyboard the computer just turns on with the slightest of inputs so you could try unplugging your peripherals as a troubleshooting step

I have considered that, but it happens so irregular at this time that I can't narrow down if it is effective. 

I use corsair peripherals so unplugging and replugging those can even cause issues with their software.(Which has gotten a lot worse for me lately)

If I can't figure it out in any other way I'll give it a go!

Thanks!

I gave up on trying to make my pc stay in the sleep mode. It constantly keeps waking up on its own no matter what I do. 

And I disabled pretty much anything that could cause it. 

I even changed platforms from Intel to AMD, still the same issue. 

Just now, WereCat said:

I gave up on trying to make my pc stay in the sleep mode. It constantly keeps waking up on its own no matter what I do. 

And I disabled pretty much anything that could cause it. 

I even changed platforms from Intel to AMD, still the same issue. 

My friend is having the same issue with a laptop too. Intel chip and Nvidia GPU.

I never really had this issue before but having 35 pounds of unicorn puke going off in your bedroom at 3 AM is kinda bothersome to say the least.