Charging a Barrel charger laptop off a battery bank

Hey all. 

i have an old ASUS laptop and I was wondering, if i can somehow use a battery bank to charge it?

its original charger was a 130w barrel plug charger. but i know USB-pd only supports up to 100w. its not a big problem. I'm getting 1-2 hours on my laptop and i just want to extend that to 5-6 hours. it doesn't matter if it can charge up my laptop. i only need it to trickle charge (or ever discharge at a lower rate)

thanks guys :)

No because it's not just the wattage that needs to match, it's the voltage too.

And USB PD only increases to higher voltages when the communication protocols between the two devices are in agreement.

So unless the laptop has a USB C port that supports PD, no, you cannot.

A barrel jack has 0 communication capabilities.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

hello mr , judjing by the age of the laptop i do not thing so but if you send some photos of the battery and its specs i might be able to help you more.

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

And USB PD only increases to higher voltages when the communication protocols between the two devices are in agreement.

totally agree

On 4/24/2020 at 4:08 AM, Enderman said:

isn't there a converter board that could communicate through USB-pd protocol and relay the incoming power to the barrel port? 

i mean is it even possible to make that board myself?

17 minutes ago, Rahimi0151 said:

isn't there a converter board that could communicate through USB-pd protocol and relay the incoming power to the barrel port? 

i mean is it even possible to make that board myself?

Apparently they exist now that I look harder, they fool the power bank to output up to 20V.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/usb-c-(pd)-to-dc-adapters-do-they-exist/

You should check first that your laptop can take 19V or 20V input, and find some way to attach this device to a barrel jack.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

16 hours ago, Enderman said:

Apparently they exist now that I look harder, they fool the power bank to output up to 20V.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/usb-c-(pd)-to-dc-adapters-do-they-exist/

You should check first that your laptop can take 19V or 20V input, and find some way to attach this device to a barrel jack.

Thanks man. You're Awesome.