Strange ssd failure (solved)

Ssd is throwing access errors - usually during reads (didn't catch any with writes). I can browse the disk and see all contents fine until I start reading data from it - some files instantly trigger the error. After an error the ssd stops being visible in windows or bios. You can see WHEA erros in event viewer whea1 whea2. Sometimes a reboot helps but if it doesn't shutting the pc down for 5-10 min works. Here's the strange part - all health checks are showing everything's ok img1 img2 kingston export file. Chkdsk1 chkdsk2 says everything's fine.
These errors started some time ago but were one offs - I originally thought is to be due to overheating but logs\SMART showed none of that. Now the problem is reproducable every time.
I've tried power cycling - booted up the pc into bios and leaved it for an hour. 

Is there anything I can try to save the ssd or is it doomed?

Ssd is installed via a pci-e adapter (old motherboard no space for m2s) - something like this. Since problems started I blamed the adapter and got a new one - didn't solve the issue.
Ssd is KINGSTON SKC2000M81000G. OS is Windows 10 Pro 22H2.

EDIT: I tried formatting both drives (full not quick) - one completed succesfully the other failed after 4%. So I deleted the failed drive into unallocated space and made two new drives: one 64gb (about 10% of the size of the original) "I". And another with the space left "H" - with quick formatting both of them. Then I left "I" alone to be never touched again and full formated "H" and it seems to be working for now. All in all lost about 65gb of storage space which I'm not even mad about considering the alternative. Image

p.s.: can't believe this worked