AMD Annouces Ryzen 3 3100, 3300X Desktop and B550 Chipset

Rainbow Dash

gsmarena_001.jpg

• New AMD Ryzen 3 3100 & 3300X unlock new levels of performance, delivering twice the multitasking capabilities over previous generations1 with four cores and eight threads
  • AMD B550 chipset brings the speed and bandwidth of PCIe® 4.0 to mainstream motherboards, delivering incredible performance for Ryzen™ users everywhere

Today, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) announced the newest additions to the 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen desktop processor family, the AMD Ryzen™ 3 3100 and AMD Ryzen™ 3 3300X processors and AMD B550 Chipset for Socket AM4 designed for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen desktop processors with over 60 designs in development.

I'm actually excited for a cheap budget CPU to mess around with. With Intel still lagging behind, AMD is really gobbling up all the sectors in low to high end desktops.

The processors take advantage of 18MB Cache, delivering dramatic memory latency reduction, translating directly to smoother, faster gaming performance for high framerates in CPU-heavy games. Further, with four cores, eight threads, and AMD SMT technology, the new Ryzen 3 processors provide incredible multitasking performance and responsiveness that consumers need.

The AMD Ryzen 3 3100 offers:

• Up to 20% gaming performance than the competition3
  • Up to 75% creator performance than the competition4

MODEL

CORES/ THREADS

TDP5
(Watts)

BOOST6/BASE FREQ7. (GHz)

TOTAL CACHE (MB)

PLATFORM

SEP (USD)8

Expected Availability

AMD Ryzen™ 3 3300X

4C/8T

4.3/3.8

AM4

May 2020

AMD Ryzen™ 3 3100

4C/8T

3.9/3.6

AM4

May 2020

Maybe it is about time to ditch my FX for this, but this is looking pretty great.

Source: AMD

Just now, Rainbow Dash said:

\

Youre late by a good day. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

-Topic locked-

Please continue discussion here

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25