Windows 10 update deleting files and causing Blue Screen of Death errors (AGAIN)

Clueless_Gamer
In these uncertain times, one thing we can still rely on is Microsoft releasing Windows updates that cause massive problems for some users. A recent ‘fix’ pushed out by the company could be one of the worst yet, resulting in Blue Screen of Death errors and deleting or moving files.

Microsoft released Windows 10 KB4549951 on April 14 to introduce several security fixes, but, as so often is the case, a number of users found it introduced more problems than it corrects.

As per usual, plenty of people found they couldn’t install the update at all, and some who did kept running into Blue Screen of Death errors. As noted by Windows Latest, the most common of these are:

• PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
  • CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
  • ACPI_BIOS_ERROR
  • INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE
  • MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
  • DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
  • Portcls.sys

Many of the Blue Screens of Death are appearing intermittently, requiring a PC reboot, but other users are experiencing a loop of BSOD errors, meaning their computer crashes isntanty on every startup.

In addition to these major issues, users have reported files being deleted or moved to other folders following the update.

“This update is a disaster. It deleted my files, pictures, documents saved in system drive and as well as my apps which I downloaded from Windows Store,” wrote one user.

“My system automatically updated on the 19th of April. I lost some important word files of my university. And a folder. I have looked on the temporary folders and I have tried to uninstall the update but they do not appear,” said another angry Windows 10 user.

Not everyone is experiencing problems with the update, but those who do are advised to uninstall it. Microsoft hasn’t commented on the reports, but it wouldn’t be the first time the company releases an update to fix the problems a previous update caused.

MY THOUGHTS

Microsoft needs to get themselves together already, they manage to keep making things worst, i might go back to Windows 7. Since Microsoft fired the Windows testing team in 2015, that windows updates have become a disaster. Delaying windows updates now is one of the most important settings to make sure that your PC keeps running.

Source ;  https://www.techspot.com/news/84953-windows-10-update-deleting-files-causing-blue-screen.html

2020-04-23-image-9.jpg

What causes some to BSOD and others not? Hardware?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

That is so bad! In my case it's even worse - I have my system up to date and I have no BSOD or other problems. What should I do?

Lot of problems with BSODs are because of faulty hardware. But people likes to search for other reasons.

Ok, sometimes Microsoft sucks and releases update that is bad or delete some files. But seriously - who keeps all his important files in user's folder anyway? I have separate drive for my personal files and even if someone has only single drive - creating custom directory is good, old and still the best method to organize your own files (and learn how filesystem works). Users directory (including desktop) is always first path that suffers from accidentally problems. People should learn something after infamous 1809 upgrade.

-Topic Locked-

Please continue discussion here:

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25