ISO installer

Hello...

I used to use Rufus to install ISO's onto drives for my computer, but as of late I just can't get it to work. Now I goofed and have a virus on my windows... What do you guys use to install ISO's?

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

3 minutes ago, Beef Boss said:

What do you guys use to install ISO's?

Rufus

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

2 minutes ago, FlappyBoobs said:

Windows 8 and upwards. Right click the ISO and select mount. 

OP is talking about burning ISOs to a drive, not mounting them.

Edit: By the way I also use Rufus, not sure how you managed to get a virus but I would try to uninstall and reinstall it to try to get Rufus to work.

7 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Rufus

I did state I'm having issues with that, usually ends with a DLL file issue... Haven't had issues with the ISO's or the version of the client until now so...

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

3 minutes ago, Beef Boss said:

I did state I'm having issues with that, usually ends with a DLL file issue...

If you've got viruses, they may have fucked your Windows-installation up. Might be time to reinstall from scratch.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

14 minutes ago, The_russian said:

OP is talking about burning ISOs to a drive, not mounting them.

Edit: By the way I also use Rufus, not sure how you managed to get a virus but I would try to uninstall and reinstall it to try to get Rufus to work.

OP asked how to install iso, mounting in windows 10 is how to do it without 3rd party software. If you need it on removable media just copy the iso to the drive and then mount the iso from the removable drive. That's really the easiest way. It's 2 clicks for mounting, 4 if you want it on a removable drive. Just loading the 3rd party program is 2 clicks on its own. 

I don't personally understand why anyone would install extra software to do this. 

Why rufus? Just use the official windows tool...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

8 minutes ago, FlappyBoobs said:

OP asked how to install iso, mounting in windows 10 is how to do it without 3rd party software. If you need it on removable media just copy the iso to the drive and then mount the iso from the removable drive. That's really the easiest way. It's 2 clicks for mounting, 4 if you want it on a removable drive. Just loading the 3rd party program is 2 clicks on its own. 

I don't personally understand why anyone would install extra software to do this. 

If the ISO is a bootable one, that method won't work. Think of e.g. Linux-distroes' images, various kinds of rescue-utilities and such.

All of these responses and nobody has asked the question that needs answering yet...

43 minutes ago, Beef Boss said:

Hello...

I used to use Rufus to install ISO's onto drives for my computer, but as of late I just can't get it to work. Now I goofed and have a virus on my windows... What do you guys use to install ISO's?

What are the ISOs and what are you trying to install them on?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

12 minutes ago, FlappyBoobs said:

45 minutes ago, Beef Boss said:

install ISO's onto drives

Like I said before, it sounds like OP is trying to burn the ISO to a drive to create a bootable USB, for example to create a bootable Linux drive or a windows installer drive. You can't just copy an ISO over to create a bootable drive, you have to burn it. 

10 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Why rufus? Just use the official windows tool...

I didn't realize there was an official tool for burning, but after looking at it quickly either I'm missing something or it can only burn to a disc, not a drive.

1 minute ago, The_russian said:

Like I said before, it sounds like OP is trying to burn the ISO to a drive to create a bootable USB, for example to create a bootable Linux drive or a windows installer drive. You can't just copy an ISO over to create a bootable drive, you have to burn it. 

If you asked then you'd know...

1 minute ago, The_russian said:

I didn't realize there was an official tool for burning, but after looking at it quickly either I'm missing something or it can only burn to a disc, not a drive.

You're missing something.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 hours ago, Beef Boss said:

I did state I'm having issues with that, usually ends with a DLL file issue... Haven't had issues with the ISO's or the version of the client until now so...

Please give more info. For one, using term "install" is very confusing here. ISO is image of disc (can be CD, DVD and even HDD/SSD). You do not install ISO to anywhere. It can be mounted or burned, certainly not installed. Mounted to virtual drive or USB (both bootable and not), burned to CD/DVD/BRD.

From your opening, I think you are talking about OS installer ISOs to USB. There are other tools besides Rufus to mount to USB (for example Etcher). So if you are getting error while running Rufus, its probably Rufus being the issue and reinstalling that software or trying another version should fix it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

All of these responses and nobody has asked the question that needs answering yet...

What are the ISOs and what are you trying to install them on?

Like Parrot, fedora and kali distros from their pertaining website.

I have a certain laptop I use to install ISO's and to only install ISO's,not the one with the virus. I did get an AV and it did remove it... Lol.

@LogicalDrm

Yes, I am creating boot able drives to install the operating system on a separate ssd/hard-drive. I have tried updating Rufus and since the update it's had issues, I tried running the older versions from 2017 where I know work very well and they have the same issue. I'll try etcher, thank you, and get the newest ISO's if they've been updated in the last few months...

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

7 minutes ago, Beef Boss said:

Like Parrot, fedora and kali distros from their pertaining website.

I have a certain laptop I use to install ISO's and to only install ISO's,not the one with the virus. I did get an AV and it did remove it... Lol.

@LogicalDrm

Yes, I am creating boot able drives to install the operating system on a separate ssd/hard-drive. I have tried updating Rufus and since the update it's had issues, I tried running the older versions from 2017 where I know work very well and they have the same issue. I'll try etcher, thank you, and get the newest ISO's if they've been updated in the last few months...

If you catch the DLL error in more detail, we can assist googling the solution on that too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv