2666mhz DDR4 vs 2667mhz?

Go to solution Solved by WereCatf,
9 minutes ago, fastfishy2 said:

Motherboard I'm looking at (Gigabyte B450M S2H) quotes memory compatibility with DDR4-2667 however the only RAM available locally is 2666mhz. Is this going to cause any issues or is it just a difference in terminology and the 1mhz difference won't do anything?

The 1MHz-difference is a rounding-error, you should just ignore it.

Hi,

Motherboard I'm looking at (Gigabyte B450M S2H) quotes memory compatibility with DDR4-2667 however the only RAM available locally is 2666mhz. Is this going to cause any issues or is it just a difference in terminology and the 1mhz difference won't do anything?

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

It will work without issue. 1mhz is nothing, like literally nothing when it comes to ram speed 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

6 minutes ago, fastfishy2 said:

Hi,

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

never stupid questions, only stupid answers. Having said that:  I have just put together a system using exactly that board with 1 stick of 16G 2666 ram and it works perfectly.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It's essentially a rounding error. It's technically 2666.6 MHz. Don't worry about it.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

9 minutes ago, fastfishy2 said:

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

never stupid questions, only stupid answers. Having said that:  I have just put together a system using exactly that board with 1 stick of 16G 2666 ram and it works perfectly.

Aaaah okay, so it should just be some technicality that doesn't matter, it really shouldn't at 1mhz difference.

Thanks.

Just now, Eigenvektor said:

It's essentially a rounding error. It's technically 2666.6 MHz. Don't worry about it.

Darn, you were literally like half a second faster! 🤪

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Darn, you were literally like half a second faster! 🤪

You got best answer, so don't complain :P

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

4 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

4 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

It's 1 better than their competitors. so it should work better.  🤪

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2667 is 2666

and vice versa

Alienware Area 51m 2019:  RTX 2060 | i7-9700 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance (2x16GB) 2666 | 1TB 970 EVO | 240GB Corsair Force MP510.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=812790

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/NZKshatriya/saved/

BACKUP SYSTEM:  ASUS Prime X470 PRO | Ryzen 5 1600 | G.skill FORTIS 16GB(2x8GB) 2400 | SanDisk SDSSDA 120GB | EVGA SuperNOVA GA 850 | HAF-XB-EVO