I would like to build my first pc, mostly for Half life alyx.

So I am going to buld my first pc, and I would like to max out the experience for Half life alyx. I am looking for the best graphics.

This is a pc that I "built" or "put togather" on pcpartpicker.

Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition 57.3 CFM CPU Cooler

MSI Z390-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB AORUS Video Card

Cooler Master MasterCase H500 ATX Mid Tower Case

Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit

Is this pc will be available to run Half life Alyx on max graphics + the Valve Index

Also what do you think of it? Should I select something instead for x part?

Currently it will be around 1230$ for me.

I am really slightly into pc gaming. I currently own a laptop that I play older games on. 

Why 32GB of ram?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, smi_01 said:

So I am going to buld my first pc, and I would like to max out the experience for Half life alyx. I am looking for the best graphics.

Is this pc will be available to run Half life Alyx on max graphics + the Valve Index

I am really mindly into pc gaming. I currently own a laptop that I play older games on. 

For a budget of 1250, I would reccomend this

Laptop: HP Spectre x360 13t, i7 8565u with 16 gigs, 512 gig  nvme ssd, UHD 620 4k

Other laptop: Acer Chromebook cb3 431 with 4 gigs, celeron n3060 with hd 400 and 16 gigs eMMC soon to be a minecraft server?

Remeber to tag people or else they wont see your post.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ysw3vW

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($174.15 @ Walmart) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($104.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($85.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($109.99 @ B&H) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($50.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB AORUS Video Card  ($429.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR600 (w/o ODD) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($77.98) 
Power Supply: Phanteks AMP 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($96.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1131.06
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-21 15:35 EDT-0400

CPU | Ryzen 7 2700X MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX B450-F (not my proudest buy but it was on sale at the time) RAM3200mhz Trident Z 16GB GPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 CaseLian Li 011 Air Storage500GB NVME for boot, 1TB storage, x3 3TB in raid 5 for long term storage PSUThermaltake Toughpower Grand Display(s)240hz 1080p Asus display, 4k cheap display from korea Cooling | Enermax LIQFusion 240mm Keyboard(s) | White fox w/ NK Creams( lubed with 205g0) and DSA Nerd Keycaps
, Tofu (e-white) w/ Hako Royal Purples (lubed with 104g0) and GMK Olivia, TGR Alice w/ Nixies (lubed with 205g0), Switch Coulture Alice w/ C3 Tangerines (lubed with 205g0) waiting for DSA Magic Girl, HHKB Pro 2, Leopold FC660C MiceGlorious Model O, Zowie Divina EC1-B, Logitech MX Master

4 minutes ago, smi_01 said:

I am really mindly into pc gaming. I currently own a laptop that I play older games on. 

Almost everything about this build is screwed up. 3600, stock cooler, b450 tomahawk MAX, G. skill ripjaws 2x18 16gb cl 16 3600mhz, a nvme drive, 5700xt with a aftermarket cooler, phanteks p300a+3 black case fans, a rm is expensive but okay, get a 650 watt tho, and no oem, you can buy one from a 3rd part for less than $25 legit.

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

Welcome to the LTT forums! This is just another option (I tried really hard to squeeze this 2080 super in) 

Personally I believe that this is as close as you are going to get to pushing the Valve Index to it's limit within the budget while only using new components, though of course in the process it requires that you give up some creature comforts...

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Maxing out the Valve Index would mean either 120hz or 144hz. GTX 1660 is nowhere near enough. I have a 1080Ti and I can only do 90Hz with the native resolution of the Index. And that's not even with the highest graphics setting.

43 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Welcome to the LTT forums! This is just another option (I tried really hard to squeeze this 2080 super in) 

Personally I believe that this is as close as you are going to get to pushing the Valve Index to it's limit within the budget while only using new components, though of course in the process it requires that you give up some creature comforts...

According to pcpartpicker.com its incompatible

3 minutes ago, smi_01 said:

It's a BIOS warning which you can ignore since this board has the latest one already preinstalled.

Laptop: HP Spectre x360 13t, i7 8565u with 16 gigs, 512 gig  nvme ssd, UHD 620 4k

Other laptop: Acer Chromebook cb3 431 with 4 gigs, celeron n3060 with hd 400 and 16 gigs eMMC soon to be a minecraft server?

45 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

The power supply is nowhere near enough, and at this point you are cheaping out on a lot of parts, just to get a better GPU.

Just now, smi_01 said:

Not incompatible, what pcpartpicker is warning you about is that some B450s will require a BIOS update to support the 3600, and if memory serves me right this board is already updated out of the box, otherwise you can contact AMD and they will send you a loaner CPU to update your BIOS.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

1 hour ago, Tiona said:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ysw3vW

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($174.15 @ Walmart) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($104.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($85.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($109.99 @ B&H) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($50.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB AORUS Video Card  ($429.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR600 (w/o ODD) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($77.98) 
Power Supply: Phanteks AMP 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($96.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1131.06
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-21 15:35 EDT-0400

The tomahawk max would be better, and the Cooler Master MWE gold is 3 dollars more expensive for 100 more watts

7 minutes ago, ItzCopiouz said:

The power supply is nowhere near enough, and at this point you are cheaping out on a lot of parts, just to get a better GPU.

The PSU is capable of supporting it, though I do have to admit it is pushing it a bit. As for the other parts, the case is solid, the MOBO although lacking some features is still solid and also does not impede the performance of the 3600, the storage drives should be more than manageable, the RAM is of a decent frequency, and the PSU while $5 to $10 would definitely help is still quite capable of supporting the build, and is one of the few 80+ Bronze PSUs that remain at that price point from a reputable manufacturer during this pandemic.

Just now, Wh0_Am_1 said:

The PSU is capable of supporting it, though I do have to admit it is pushing it a bit. As for the other parts, the case is solid, the MOBO although lacking some features is still solid and also does not impede the performance of the 3600, the storage drives should be more than manageable, the RAM is of a decent frequency, and the PSU while $5 to $10 would definitely help is still quite capable of supporting the build, and is one of the few 80+ Bronze PSUs that remain at that price point from a reputable manufacturer during this pandemic.

I just feel that it is risky, you could get a 2080 or 2070 super and get something like a MWE or a corsair RM

Just now, ItzCopiouz said:

I just feel that it is risky, you could get a 2080 or 2070 super and get something like a MWE or a corsair RM

or a 2600

The OP will just have to remember to upgrade the PSU with their next upgrade, the PSU should at least have enough headroom and quality to last 7 years unless the unit is defective, which is unlikely.

44 minutes ago, ItzCopiouz said:

The tomahawk max would be better

They're pretty much the same board, just different name and looks. Except for the like 1 type c in the back of the tomahawk. They use the same VRMs, and the same mosfet configuration. 

CPU | Ryzen 7 2700X MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX B450-F (not my proudest buy but it was on sale at the time) RAM3200mhz Trident Z 16GB GPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 CaseLian Li 011 Air Storage500GB NVME for boot, 1TB storage, x3 3TB in raid 5 for long term storage PSUThermaltake Toughpower Grand Display(s)240hz 1080p Asus display, 4k cheap display from korea Cooling | Enermax LIQFusion 240mm Keyboard(s) | White fox w/ NK Creams( lubed with 205g0) and DSA Nerd Keycaps
, Tofu (e-white) w/ Hako Royal Purples (lubed with 104g0) and GMK Olivia, TGR Alice w/ Nixies (lubed with 205g0), Switch Coulture Alice w/ C3 Tangerines (lubed with 205g0) waiting for DSA Magic Girl, HHKB Pro 2, Leopold FC660C MiceGlorious Model O, Zowie Divina EC1-B, Logitech MX Master

1 minute ago, Tiona said:

They're pretty much the same board, just different name and looks. Except for the like 1 type c in the back of the tomahawk. They use the same VRMs, and the same mosfet configuration. 

The max has the latest BIOS, which is nice.

The max has the latest BIOS, which is nice.

as does the gaming the plus max

Just now, Tiona said:

as does the gaming the plus max

Oh, I never knew that.