How do I get better quality sleep?

-ism

doing the same thing makes the human mind more anxious because you never give it the chance to focus on other things. taking a simple walk outside is the best advice i can give.

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

In those days, pink floyd is my remedy! Sit back and enjoy the melody. I like to just lay on my back and look at the ceiling while listening to The wall :) really calms me and help reflect on things

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

....wait

how are you doing AP physics with only Algebra 2?

by the way, buy generic diphenhydramine 25mg and split the pills in two, it's an antihistamine so there's no big deal. Literally got me through high school. 

Error: 410

In those days, pink floyd is my remedy! Sit back and enjoy the melody. I like to just lay on my back and look at the ceiling while listening to The wall :) really calms me and help reflect on things

'Hey you' usually knocks me out cold for some reason :lol:

Otherwise another vote for Valium... Jk they are addictive and probably not good long term.

Become physically exhausted.

Do intensive sport or go to the gym.

Your body will pass out as soon as you hit the pillow.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Oh my god yes, Brain Damage is my favorite Pink Floyd song I think. At school I play music on the speakers at lunch, and I always play Pink Floyd and girls get mad at me for not playing enough pop. -_- One can only take so much Miley Cyrus...

....wait

how are you doing AP physics with only Algebra 2?

by the way, buy generic diphenhydramine 25mg and split the pills in two, it's an antihistamine so there's no big deal. Literally got me through high school. 

Geometry is the prerequisite for AP Physics B. AP Physics C requires Pre-Calc though. Literally the most intense stuff we do is like... inverse sin and all that. Mostly just here is X formula, plug this junk in and solve. 

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

Oh my god yes, Brain Damage is my favorite Pink Floyd song I think. At school I play music on the speakers at lunch, and I always play Pink Floyd and girls get mad at me for not playing enough pop. -_- One can only take so much Miley Cyrus...

Geometry is the prerequisite for AP Physics B. Literally the most intense stuff we do is like... inverse sin and all that. Mostly just here is X formula, plug this junk in and solve. 

oh I see. In my HS AP physics was one giant course and required at least Calc 1.

Error: 410

I do the 4x4 sleep scedule. Sleep 4 hours awake for 8 sleep 4 awake 8. With some variation because of my 12 hour clinic shifts. Works for me as I balance two jobs

Press the sleep button and wait a few seconds make sure you disable hybernate before hand though.

Its all about the zzzQuil man. It saves lives. If your homework isnt due until the day after the next day, split your work up. Do half the night you get it, then half the next, and you'll be good to go for when it's due!

You could probably just buy a store-brand version of Benadryl, it'll be cheaper and it's the same active ingredient.

But yeah, like other people are saying, Melatonin's good too. Plus, it'll give you pretty vivid dreams.

What is this? It seems like it is made by you and it downloads a .bat file, what does the file do?

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I say talk to a therapist to discard depression too, sleep disruption might not be the cause of your difficulties but merely a symptom. In any case it can't hurt

-------

Current Rig

-------

What is this? It seems like it is made by you and it downloads a .bat file, what does the file do?

gmail actually flagged that url as spam so heads up

Actually it was made by @ixi_your_face so it is totally legit. It allows you to download sleep.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

So, my schedule is really messed up for school. Every other day we switch classes. We call this blue and silver days. My blue days, I have AP Physics, Algebra 2, AP Government, & AP US History. Silver I have PE, Spanish 4, Student gov, and then Language Arts 3 Honors. 

I have literally no work to do on blue days, however on silver days I am extremely overloaded. However, I get my work done before 10 PM (usually) and I am in bed early. But for some reason, on those nights, I have like extreme anxiety and have really horrible sleep. I always wake up at like 5:30 randomly, and I'm super tired and super anxious, it feels like I get no sleep, whereas on silver days I usually feel great in the morning. This has been happening all year pretty much but recently has gotten 10x more annoying.

How can I get better sleep? I have these like lavender pill things that are supposed to make you feel calm but they don't really seem to work at all. I think it may be due to the fact that I DREAD blue days, whereas I look forward to silver days.

Trust me your not the only one with problems...

I get to bed anywhere from 10 to 12 at night everynight, wakeup at 5:30am do chores (i.e. Laundry, Dish's Trash, etc) by 6:30 I hop in the shower get get ready for school, walk 1/4 .mile to the bus stop in below freezing weather. This is everyday by the way, only some Saturdays I have off, Sundays I work all day. Its not fun, its just me and my dad. My dad works from 5 in the morning to 7:30 at night... Trust me you got it good to what I have man. 

I have taken 3 APs each year for the past two years. Currently I'm taking AP Physics B, AP Calc AB, and AP macroeconomics, and honestly just don't let things get to you. I know it sounds really basic, but have confidence in what you do so you don't worry about stuff. This may be because I'm a slacker, but if your spending that much time on homework, you might be spending too much time. The most amount of homework I've ever had was 4 hours and that was rarely. Now you might be thinking " oh you probably skated by" nope had A's in all my APs and passed all the exams.

TL;DR. Just take it easy

I never had huge problems sleeping. Just occasionally was annoyed that it took my 10 mins to fall asleep. I then came across Polyphasic Sleeping patterns, tried to adapted the Uberman pattern for 2 weeks and came put semi-successful. After that, I slept extremely well for several weeks.

| CPUAMD FX-6350 4.2Ghz | MotherboardGigabyte: GA-78LMT-USB3 | RAM16 GBytes DDR3 | GPUMSI AMD Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr IV OC Edition | PSU: Corsair 650W Modular +Gold Certified | Storage: 2 TB HDD |

Avoid using medication if at all possible. Don't use the computer an hour before going to bed and instead spend the time reading or relaxing in some other fashion. Eat healthy and try to squeeze in some extra exercise on the off days. 

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

Drink Vodka!

no, just no.

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

self pleasure or weed, or even both. youll sleep like a baby

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm