Fry's Eletronics completely empty

talklogan

So, I live in texas and I went into the plano fry's location, and it was completely empty.

My question is, are they liquidating their stock, or are people actually buying stuff from the store?

And yes the store is almost completely empty besides a few gaming chairs and some household products..

i9-10980xe 4.5ghz all cores | EVGA RTX 2080 XC ultra clocked at 1965mhz and memory clocked at 8417mhz | 128gb 3200mhz |

-Moved to General Discussion-

It's true: Other youtubers have traveled around and found similar results with interviews with employees.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Rip frys

I am also pretty sure they have also filed for bankruptcy like 3 or 4 times

i9-10980xe 4.5ghz all cores | EVGA RTX 2080 XC ultra clocked at 1965mhz and memory clocked at 8417mhz | 128gb 3200mhz |

35 minutes ago, talklogan said:

Rip frys

I am also pretty sure they have also filed for bankruptcy like 3 or 4 times

As far as I know, they haven't filed for bankruptcy yet. They are claiming the lack of products on shelves is due to their looking for new supply chains other than China so they can keep their prices competitve (that is a joke since they have been higher priced than their competitors for several years now; their only advantage was having stock that could quickly be accessed locally, to give customers the opportunity to actually physically see a product before buying, and their generous, easy return policy). I don't know how they can keep hanging on unless they are being used as a tax writeoff for someone.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

21 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

As far as I know, they haven't filed for bankruptcy yet. They are claiming the lack of products on shelves is due to their looking for new supply chains other than China so they can keep their prices competitve (that is a joke since they have been higher priced than their competitors for several years now; their only advantage was having stock that could quickly be accessed locally, to give customers the opportunity to actually physically see a product before buying, and their generous, easy return policy). I don't know how they can keep hanging on unless they are being used as a tax writeoff for someone.

true.

Next will be Microcenter :/  (well technically Best Buy, but their portfolio sells lots of other types of "other peoples widgets" so I just see them niche'ing the PC side of things less and less)

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

I think Best Buy will be first because microcenter has direct resources unlike BestBuy buying from wholesalers. 

I may be wrong

Kind of sucks to see brick and mortar PC parts stores slowly decline. In the event of a component failure (like say, a hard drive kicks the bucket, as had happened to me), being back up and running within the day drastically beats being down for several days while waiting on delivery. :/

For folk with more critical stuff than I, would probably be good practice pretty soon to keep a spare or two of the most vulnerable components, namely storage drives. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

3 hours ago, CircleTech said:

The coronavirus got to fries before anyone else!

Fries should start selling toilet paper and hand sanitizer. That'll get people in the door.

This was more likely the reason then the virus.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/industry/3368-manufacturers-on-tariff-impact-to-pc-prices

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>