Looking for headphones $200-$300, that are good for gaming and doesn't sacrifice audio accuracy, and it is better than astro A50s wireless.

The title pretty much says it. I am looking for headphones that can be used with a blue yeti mic and I am upgrading from my astro A50s. I heard that wired headphones can blow the socks off of wired ones and gaming headsets. It has to be good for gaming and for professional stuff. They have to be over ear and I don't care if they are closed or open.Also I heard that going with headphones with one driver per cup is the best way to go so account for that.

DT 880 Premiums if they manage to hit the $239 on MassDrop?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I like my COP's so that my opinion.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

Trolling?

Op, for $300 you can pick up HE-400's.

Not trolling, corsair vengeance 2100s are really good, and under 150

Audio Technica ATH M-50, they goon sale for $100 pretty often on Amazon, the sound is amazing, I'm sure that everyone can agree with me on that

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

professional stuff

So glad this is a thread without a vague OP so we can make good recommendations...  :rolleyes:  :P

Not trolling, corsair vengeance 2100s are really good, and under 150

Audio Technica ATH M-50, they goon sale for $100 pretty often on Amazon, the sound is amazing, I'm sure that everyone can agree with me on that

post-2468-0-70997900-1392855265.gif

^^^^^ This

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

So glad this is a thread without a vague OP so we can make good recommendations...  :rolleyes:  :P

attachicon.gifMacklemore-Laughing.gif

I'm so glad you didn't judge me.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

I'm so glad you didn't judge me.

As a closed, portable headphone, the COP isn't really something I'd recommend for home gaming, but at least it was near OP's budget range and is a respectable headphone for that price. 

No they're not.

How so?

Relatively inexpensive, great wireless, decent audio and phenomenal comfort. I'd say they're a pretty good choice for gaming... (though I realise not for the OP, as he is looking precisely for headphones and not a headset)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

How so?

Relatively inexpensive, great wireless, decent audio and phenomenal comfort. I'd say they're a pretty good choice for gaming... (though I realise not for the OP, as he is looking precisely for headphones and not a headset)

Read the FAQ.

Why do you honestly even bother any more?

Eh, I don't know really. I try but people just don't get it.

I've read it before. And I've read it again just now. It doesn't answer my question. As far as I can see there is no mention of either wireless technology or gaming headsets.

Gaming headsets have terrible audio quality. period. I'm also pretty sure there's a mention of both in the FAQ.

Gaming headsets have terrible audio quality. period.

'Terrible'? Again, how can you say this when you've never tried them?

Gaming headsets are generally awful, I concur. But that doesn't preclude the possibility of a decent gaming headset existing. And, as much flack as I may get for saying it, audio is a very personal thing based upon experience and testing - I fail to see how one can comment upon and judge a specific product without having any experience with it.

Just my two cents.

'Terrible'? Again, how can you say this when you've never tried them?

Gaming headsets are generally awful, I concur. But that doesn't preclude the possibility of a decent gaming headset existing. And, as much flack as I may get for saying it, audio is a very personal thing based upon experience and testing - I fail to see how one can comment upon and judge a specific product without having any experience with it.

Just my two cents.

The thing is that audio is something you have to experience for yourself to appreciate the differences, and because most people buying game headsets are used to that level of quality in the sound, they think these headsets sound amazing, and it would be true what you said that is a personal thing.   BUT, when they ask someone who actually have experience a good quality in audio equipment, they will get an opinion that is aimed to help them get a better experience than what most people is used to have.  

I have tried those corsair vengeance 2100s last week, and the sound was very poor compared to what I am use to experience, and I don't even have too expensive headphones.  It is true that there is a possibility that some day there may be a good gaming headset, but seeing how a manufacturer have to include more things in a headset, the only way they could release a headset with a sound quality as good as headphones of the same price, is if they were willing to lose money, and that is very unlikely to happen.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

The thing is that audio is something you have to experience for yourself to appreciate the differences, and because most people buying game headsets are used to that level of quality in the sound, they think these headsets sound amazing, and it would be true what you said that is a personal thing.   BUT, when they ask someone who actually have experience a good quality in audio equipment, they will get an opinion that is aimed to help them get a better experience than what most people is used to have.  

I have tried those corsair vengeance 2100s last week, and the sound was very poor compared to what I am use to experience, and I don't even have too expensive headphones.  It is true that there is a possibility that some day there may be a good gaming headset, but seeing how a manufacturer have to include more things in a headset, the only way they could release a headset with a sound quality as good as headphones of the same price, is if they were willing to lose money, and that is very unlikely to happen.

I quite agree. :)

My point of concern was simply that none of this was explained before. Dismissing something as being bad without explaining why it is such or judging something without having any experience of it is quite unhelpful to those who are asking questions about it.

I quite agree. :)

My point of concern was simply that none of this was explained before. Dismissing something as being bad without explaining why it is such or judging something without having any experience of it is quite unhelpful to those who are asking questions about it.

Yeah what you don't see here was the previous 200 times that these guys explained this, you have to understand that after a couple months answering the same questions, one tends to just say all headsets suck.

It gets the point across faster. :lol:

would I be ok buying sennheiser HD600 or Sennheiser HD558

would I be ok buying sennheiser HD600 or Sennheiser HD558

The HD 600 are better, but as you probably saw cost more than double of what the HD 558 cost, and depending on the source you are using right now you may need an amp to drive them, so that would be the cost of the HD600 + the Amp. 

and I have the corsair 2000's and they've got a very vague soundstage muddy mids but being able to sneak off to the bathroom during a raid is a bladder saver. 

when I first got them before I acquired ath m50's ad 700's dt770s and so on I thought they were freaking awesome. after getting better headphones they don't measure up

this leads into forum fatigue. I got fed up of answering the same 3 questions several times a day and have vastly scaled back my posting here. that and competing with people who just recently purchased a gaming headset and proclaming them the best ever. I'm sure way back when I would have proclaimed the 1992 cavalier as the best car ever but after having ridden and driven better I now know better.