Comply foam tips and other alternatives

SirRoderick

So I just got my brand new IE80's (I bloody love them so far) and whiles playing around with all the different tips I came to the conclusion, apparently not being the only person to do so, that none of them were really quite right. The double and triple flange ones are uncomfortable as hell, the single silicon ones are a little flimsy and not great for isolation (even though I don't like total isolation). So far I like the foam tips best, the large ones fit alright but it seems like they could be better. Considering that these are pretty high end IEMs I do think getting the best fit is worth it though. SO I started googling a bit and saw most people recommending Comply Foam tips.

Anyone here have experience with these tips or other aftermarket tips that you feel might be a good choice? My impressions of the Comply tips so far are that they would be very well fitting for most people, but are pretty expensive and that they do not last very long. They also have a "Comfort" skew and an "Isolation" so I'd love to hear opinions on those if anyone has them, or again, any other type of tip.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I haven't used them personally but I have a friend that loves them.

They do degrade a little quickly, but they're really not expensive at all. $20 for 5 pairs of tips. At most you're looking at around $40 a year, something I'd happily pay for the comfort.

It's also highly dependent on your body. Clean ears + low oil and they'll last a lot longer.

I plan on testing some out once I lose the silicone ones I have now. Which probably won't be long.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I don't think there's gonna be a difference between the foam tips included and separately-purchased comply tips. Just buy more when your current pair wears out if you like them.

I use Comply Extra Isolating on my J33's, and the soundquality isn't affected at all. For the tips, when you first use them, they may be a little stiff and somewhat uncomfortable, but it only takes a couple of minutes, and they're good. Just make sure to clean your ears often. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50