New microphone for Skype calls.

Shaqalac

Actually yesterday I had my first hands-on with a Blue Snowball, it is very well build, you will only break it if you try. So if you are fine with spending that much, go ahead.

I just wanted to make sure you knew it isn't the only option.

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate that people, like you did, enlightened me about other options. Options that might be a better solution that a €72 microphone.

I've started to look for a secondhand Blue Snowball, maybe I'll be able to find a cheap one.

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

Wait... you have that mic?

No? Did I say I owned it? I just use a simple little Snowflake.  ^_^

Like mentioned in an earlier post I'd like to give my friends a pleasant Skype experience, don't want to buy microphones over and over again due to bad quality and might want to do some streaming in the future (nothing too serious though).

Mics aren't this complicated - even a webcam mic would be just fine for skype (that's what they're designed for, so they put pretty good mics in those things). Expensive mics are for serious recording; no VoIP will transmit the full audio quality of a great mic, so there's not much sense in getting one for that purpose. IF you find a used Snowball for a really good price, go for it, otherwise keep looking.

Mics like the Blue Snowflake or Samson Meteor are small enough to be conveniently placed, will sound good over VoIP (or even not-too-serious recording/streaming), are plenty durable, and don't cost a fortune. The only way to get around friends hearing a mechanical keyboard is to a ) use a boom mic that isn't very sensitive, b ) have some sort of noise-cancellation software/hardware, or c ) use Push-To-Talk.

IF you find a used Snowball for a really good price, go for it, otherwise keep looking.

Mics like the Blue Snowflake or Samson Meteor are small enough to be conveniently placed, will sound good over VoIP (or even not-too-serious recording/streaming), are plenty durable, and don't cost a fortune. The only way to get around friends hearing a mechanical keyboard is to a ) use a boom mic that isn't very sensitive, b ) have some sort of noise-cancellation software/hardware, or c ) use Push-To-Talk.

I've tried pretty much all secondhand sites but without much luck. This is definitely one of the spots where Denmark lacks behind. It's like that with mechanical keyboard, the only mechanical keyboards you can get your hands on is either a Corsair, Logitech or Razer...

I'll still try search for another couple of days though.

I found the Blue Snowflake at €50 and + €8 of shipping, that's a total of €58.

I looked at Amazon.de and found a Blue Snowball at €64.81 with free shipping. I am a bit unsure whether they'll deliver for free to Denmark or the free shipping is only within the German borders.

About the noise from the mechanical keyboard, I guess my friend will just have to live with it. :)

I found the Blue Snowflake at €50 and + €8 of shipping, that's a total of €58.

I looked at Amazon.de and found a Blue Snowball at €64.81 with free shipping.

I'd probably just grab the snowball at those prices, but it depends on that free shipping.

It's not just Denmark; there's plenty of European countries with a lack of availability of electronics/highly inflated prices.

I'd probably just grab the snowball at those prices, but it depends on that free shipping.

It's not just Denmark; there's plenty of European countries with a lack of availability of electronics/highly inflated prices.

How do you like your snowflake?

I've got a pretty good offer on a Snowflake on €23 without shipping, shipping is about €6.

The zalman clip on mic is decent for under $10USD not sure how much it is in your currency. If it is cheap you could buy like 5 of them and they should last quite a while.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

How do you like your snowflake?

I've got a pretty good offer on a Snowflake on €23 without shipping, shipping is about €6.

Is pretty good. I wouldn't bother with anything "better" for just talking to friends.

Is pretty good. I wouldn't bother with anything "better" for just talking to friends.

Think I'm going to accept the sellers offer at €23 maybe try to push it down to €20.

It's a 2 year old microphone but I guess it should be able to last me a lot longer.