What's the best liquid cooler for Threadripper 3990x?

What's the best liquid cooler for Threadripper 3990x? I prefer rgb, also, probably overclocking.

Custom loop.

You won't be overclocking a 3990X with any AIO, for stock speeds however you might be fine with the largest radiator AIO you can find, so 360mm, or maybe an NH-U14S or DRP4 (the TR4 versions of each respective cooler of course).

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Costum loop is your best bet. Does depend on the entire system tho for what you wanna cool and what not.

8 minutes ago, Anir_ said:

What's the best liquid cooler for Threadripper 3990x? I prefer rgb, also, probably overclocking.

Budget? Obviously the "best" is a custom loop.

So consider this:

-Budget (How much are you willing to dish out, I recommend enough for at least a 240/360mm as you will be overclocking, which is like 120, 140+ [USD])

- Manufacturer/ compatibility with RGB ecosystems (fi you care) . Say you like Razer chroma, Thermaltake is compatible with it, so one of their products would be good. 

-Form factor/case size 

The largest AIO you can get for it is probably a 480, depending on your case. If you go custom-loop, then you can have more cooling performance, quieter operation, and obviously, more RGB. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

2 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Custom loop.

You won't be overclocking a 3990X with any AIO, for stock speeds however you might be fine with the largest radiator AIO you can find, so 360mm.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to cool a 3990x

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

17 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

heh, maybe at stock. Once you turn up voltage and freq, you start drawing some serious power. a 3970X draws around 7W per core, while a 3990X draws around 4W. To get a 3990X to 3970X frequencies, thats over 500W of heat output. In addition, Zen 2 freq scales inversely with temperature, so lower temps = faster clocks

How’d I do it?  I stuck the entire system outside in 12F / -11C air. I actually experimented with testing the system inside, by putting a secondary cooling fan and CPU radiator + fan assembly up against a window screen, so the cooler could draw directly from the outside air. Then I blocked off the bathroom vent and sealed the room to let the temperature fall. This worked to a point, but it didn’t provide the cooling I wanted. Solution: Outdoor overclocking.

Thats how someone had to do to overclock their 3990X.

19 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Yeah I don't know about that

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

Yeah I don't know about that

*bonk* 

1 hour ago, Mateyyy said:

Custom loop.

You won't be overclocking a 3990X with any AIO, for stock speeds however you might be fine with the largest radiator AIO you can find, so 360mm, or maybe an NH-U14S or DRP4 (the TR4 versions of each respective cooler of course).

What if I don't oc?

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Costum loop is your best bet. Does depend on the entire system tho for what you wanna cool and what not.

What if I don't OC?

2 minutes ago, Anir_ said:

What if I don't oc?

NH-U14S TR4, Dark Rock Pro 4 TR4, or a 280/360mm AIO that's compatible with TR4/sTRX4