Liquid coolers with fans doubling as case fan?

Can liquid coolers with fans on the radiator double as a case fan? I am asking this because I'm most likely going to use the thermaltake core p3 with a cpu cooler that covers all three spaces for a fan.

1 minute ago, Anir_ said:

Can liquid coolers with fans on the radiator double as a case fan? I am asking this because I'm most likely going to use the thermaltake core p3 with a cpu cooler that covers all three spaces for a fan.

Yes that's what the point of liquid cooling kinda is. Take up the space of a casefan and use it as intake or exhaust. Of course if it's intake you'll have warmer air for the remainder of the components and if it's an outtake then it's going to use warmer air to cool the radiators.

Just now, jaslion said:

Yes that's what the point of liquid cooling kinda is. Take up the space of a casefan and use it as intake or exhaust. Of course if it's intake you'll have warmer air for the remainder of the components and if it's an outtake then it's going to use warmer air to cool the radiators.

So basically I go for an outtake cpu cooler?

2 minutes ago, Anir_ said:

So basically I go for an outtake cpu cooler?

I just looked up your case and I thought it was something else. In your case it really doesn't matter what you do as well it's for all intents and purposes an open air case.

6 hours ago, jaslion said:

I just looked up your case and I thought it was something else. In your case it really doesn't matter what you do as well it's for all intents and purposes an open air case.

I was going to say the same thing.  I have the p3 case and the number of fans doesn't matter because the case doesn't have any sealed panels.  It's an open air benchmarking case stood up on it's side basically.  I don't even have the plastic front panel on mine.

IMG_8465.jpg

3 hours ago, vf1000ride said:

I was going to say the same thing.  I have the p3 case and the number of fans doesn't matter because the case doesn't have any sealed panels.  It's an open air benchmarking case stood up on it's side basically.  I don't even have the plastic front panel on mine.

IMG_8465.jpg

Damn that's nice!

10 hours ago, Anir_ said:

Damn that's nice!

It's all in the camera angle. :)  It's on something like version 4.2 and there are still some things I wish I had the skill to do better.  Below is an earlier build in a different config were I had the rad setting flush against the back wall.  It cooled just as well but I changed things up when I went to an upgraded mobo/cpu combo and went for the hard tubing over soft.

IMG_20171224_100705716.jpg