Plan build for a Designer/Art Director

Hi there,

I need some help with the build for my girlfriend, she is an art director and designer.I am more comfortable with gaming builds, and maybe there is some small piece I could leave behind.

I will follow the guidelines :)

1. Budget & Location

The budget is 1000€. The conversion to dollar price part is usually 121, plus 300/400 for a 4K monitor, and 100 for the peripherals. Location is Spain

2. Aim

The PC will be used for content creation on adobe suite mainly (Huge files), autocad, other design programs and some video editing as secondary. I will probably use it for gaming sometimes, but I have my own system for that, so it is not a real target.

3. Monitors

4K monitor

4. Peripherals

OS not required. I have some old OEM keys at home that I can recycle. She just needs a good keyboard and mouse with 100$ budget.

5. Why are you upgrading?

She has a laptop for the job, but it is becoming a bottle neck and she needs a more powerful machine. Reliable and always ready.

I made 2 configurations, and I have my doubt on the graphic card. I tried with a 2060 KO for the performance close to the 2070 in productivity and a 5700XT.  Any suggestion there?

I went in both cases with Ryzen 3600 with standard cooler right now, and I will look for a different one in case of overclock, if needed.

The RAM is RGB because was the best price in the website I checked for a 16GB, 2x8, 3200 kit.

Option 1 - 976€

1529116253_option1.thumb.PNG.ad59dfec4b731f842c7d1292505c1864.PNG

Option 2 - 1027€

Option2.thumb.PNG.507dbff076b19fdea9e80336bbc5a222.PNG
Thank you 

Please use https://pcpartpicker.com/

Thats much siompler to share and work on the build together.

Questions:

Why micro ATX?

Suggestions:

3700x and a bit lesser GPU -> more perf in those pro apps.

3600Mhz RAM (if its about 10€ more)

Case: not a fan. Seems pretty airflow restricted

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

Just now, SavageNeo said:

swap that tomahawk for a A pro max -> little bit beter VRM cooling but less bling bling but cheaper

RAM: yes

PSU: no! Thats only a B+ unit on our list. For productivity idd get something A. However yes you will be able to find something cheaoer than the Thermaltake. maybe the newer CX model from Corsair?

GPU: As much as I am an AMD fan she might benefit from CUDA

Case: yes

CPU: Step the GPU down and the CPU up to a 3700x or maybe a 2700x (if you can find a sweet deal on in)

12 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

Questions:

Why micro ATX?

why micro atx ? smaller slicker build.

You should add a large HDD for storage,

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 hour ago, Metallus97 said:

Please use https://pcpartpicker.com/

Thats much siompler to share and work on the build together.

Questions:

Why micro ATX?

Suggestions:

3700x and a bit lesser GPU -> more perf in those pro apps.

3600Mhz RAM (if its about 10€ more)

Case: not a fan. Seems pretty airflow restricted

Thanks for the reply. 

I went for the micro ATX because it was cheaper and I didn't think she would benefit from other feature from a full ATX board.

I was not thinking about the 2700x. I can find for 10€ cheaper than the 3600, and it should perform better. Great idea!

I forgot to mention that I have a couple of HDD at home, and I will mount those @SupaKomputa

I put together a new configuration with the suggestion from all

On the monitor what is your opinion?

19 hours ago, Gpob said:

Thanks for the reply. 

I went for the micro ATX because it was cheaper and I didn't think she would benefit from other feature from a full ATX board.

I was not thinking about the 2700x. I can find for 10€ cheaper than the 3600, and it should perform better. Great idea!

I forgot to mention that I have a couple of HDD at home, and I will mount those @SupaKomputa

Well, it’s always a good idea to have some room for future upgrades etc. that you get with a full ATX mobo.  There the cheapest non trash option would be a MSI B450 A Pro Max.

However the M Pro Max is pretty trash (VRM is crap and not cooled properly)

get the Mortar that has way better VRM. And going with the morta you can spend like 5$ more and get the A Pro Max. 

so yeha I am no fan of mATX Mobos unless you want to do a super compact build.

Monitor: I don’t know enough about monitors to give a good recommendation. 

20 hours ago, Gpob said:

Thanks for the reply. 

This build would be much more productive : 

I am not an expert in monitors or keyboard and mouse , so read some other suggestions on them.

On 4/18/2020 at 11:39 AM, Little_Apprentice said:

This build would be much more productive : 

I am not an expert in monitors or keyboard and mouse , so read some other suggestions on them.

Thank you! Yes, saving on SSD and move the money to CPU. 

For the monitor I think she will ask to some of her colleagues for suggestions. 

I was thinking that probably instead of the 3700x, I could update to 32GB of RAM for the same budget. In Europe some prices are higher, especially ram. @Little_Apprentice What do you think?