What's the best way to learn about PC components?

Hello, everyone. I really want to learn about different kinds of stuff relating to PCs. I especially want to learn about power supplies. OCP, OVP, 12v rails, 5v rails. Importance of OCP protection. Are there any websites that provide in-depth information on stuff like this? Any websites that you recommend?

Hey there. In general, I've found that the best way to learn is by trying to teach or trying to answer questions. That's what I've been doing on the LTT forums -- doing the research and verifying my sources, and receiving feedback if my info is wrong or outdated.

There are also a bunch of PC building/parts guides floating around on the forums, if you're up for a bit of reading:

• DIY PC by Windspeed 36: The basic run-down on the parts in a PC build, what each part's purpose is, and why the parts have the features they have or how these features work.
  • General Rules of Thumbs and Q&A Guide on Basic PC Parts by Gonio: A detailed guide on picking PC parts, understanding what each part's purpose is, and deciding what parts are best suited for your individual situation/intent.
  • The Ultimate PC Part Compatibility Guide by Fgtfv567: A good guide on PC part compatibility that takes way more into account than PC Part Picker.

Please note that these threads were written some time ago, so specific item recommendations may not apply to 2020. Some have TLDR's in them, some don't. Overall they're pretty well-written and easy to understand.

For stuff specifically relating to PSUs:

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

8 minutes ago, Eschew said:

Hey there. In general, I've found that the best way to learn is by trying to teach or trying to answer questions. That's what I've been doing on the LTT forums -- doing the research and verifying my sources, and receiving feedback if my info is wrong or outdated.

There are also a bunch of PC building/parts guides floating around on the forums, if you're up for a bit of reading:

• DIY PC by Windspeed 36: The basic run-down on the parts in a PC build, what each part's purpose is, and why the parts have the features they have or how these features work.
  • General Rules of Thumbs and Q&A Guide on Basic PC Parts by Gonio: A detailed guide on picking PC parts, understanding what each part's purpose is, and deciding what parts are best suited for your individual situation/intent.
  • The Ultimate PC Part Compatibility Guide by Fgtfv567: A good guide on PC part compatibility that takes way more into account than PC Part Picker.

Please note that these threads were written some time ago, so specific item recommendations may not apply to 2020. Some have TLDR's in them, some don't. Overall they're pretty well-written and easy to understand.

For stuff specifically relating to PSUs:

Can I actually ask people about the importance of multiple rails, OCP protection etc. in the PSU Tier List thread? If so, that's pretty rad!

55 minutes ago, TheBiggestOfBuschemis said:

Hello, everyone. I really want to learn about different kinds of stuff relating to PCs. I especially want to learn about power supplies. OCP, OVP, 12v rails, 5v rails. Importance of OCP protection. Are there any websites that provide in-depth information on stuff like this? Any websites that you recommend?

Maxxarcade has some pretty good videos about power supplies of all types.

It's not going to be schematics level of detailed. But enough to get started at least. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Whenever I'm trying to learn stuff like this, I usually start on youtube and google any questions that I come across.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler