Amazon - orders placed I didnt make and a gift card left in the cart? anyone else having this happen?

Hey Guys,

So I got an email just now that I ordered Red Dead Redemption 2 for $86 on Amazon from a company called Deal Beat.

Went I tried to call I got they are down due to COVID19 and I cant cancel as it hasnt been shipped.... 

Oh to top it off I see there is a $150 item in my cart for a gift card to dreubarik@hotmail.com

Anyone know how these things happen? 

I changed my passwords on amazon and email.... but curious if I'm the only one or is this more common than I know

cheers.

Hope everyone is doing well

30 minutes ago, DenverOh said:

~Went I tried to call I got they are down due to COVID19 and I cant cancel as it hasnt been shipped.... ~

If you cant contact by phone at least contact by email to get a "paper-trail" started.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I turned on notifications, and have a paper trail of contacts and screenshots. Thanks for the advice.

Looked through browsing history... was all normal than was playstation and xbox gift cards and video games (these were all outside of the norm).

*Update from amazon automated system, cant cancelled and item has been shipped to my address.... Says to return ones received

Also check your credit card purchase history to see if there are any unknown charges in case there are any purchases that didn't get reported to your email, or possibly reported to one of your alternate email addresses. Hopefully the damage was limited to your amazon account, but keep an eye on your credit card history to determine someone has your CC info.

In case you have any remote desktop software installed on any of your PCs, remove it immediately. I had a similar situation where I had a remotely-accessible PC (huge no-no that I will never repeat) with login credentials that I imported from my main PC for "convenience" (another huge no). Thankfully I was home during a random vacation day, otherwise the damage could have been in the thousands of $, but in the end I was able to recover/cancel all the unauthorized charges with a fair bit of hassle.

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S | MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout | SSD1: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | SSD2: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + Asus MX259H  | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 (Cherry MX Brown) | PSU: Corsair RMx 850W