What type of 5600xt should I get?

Mark_C

Im on a budget build right now and i found an 5600 xt from sapphire pulse, xfx, gigabyte, and power color. i was wondering what company it would be best to get the card from.

Sapphire Pulse or PowerColor Red Dragon - whichever is cheaper. Both are good. Avoid XFX and Gigabyte models

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Sapphire Pulse or PowerColor Red Dragon - whichever is cheaper. Both are good. Avoid XFX and Gigabyte models

yeah but the power color isnt red dragon, does that change the response?

1 minute ago, Mark_C said:

yeah but the power color isnt red dragon, does that change the response?

Not really - if it's the Red Devil, then that means it's got the upgraded cooler

Which models of these? Brand itself only affect customer service, and honestly no one is better than others

CPU:i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software)--> 1.47V at the back of the socketMotherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz)CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15RAM:聽Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000)聽GPU:聽Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream聽vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps))聽SSD:Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GBPSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold聽Case:聽Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1聽exhaust聽Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panelKeyboard:Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps聽Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17聽17-an110ca聽CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA聽undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM:聽8+8GB DDR4-2400聽18-17-17-39聽2T聽Storage:聽HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD聽+ Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD,聽128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2聽SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally,聽1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172)聽left outside聽Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168聽Multi-thread: 833聽

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

7 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Not really - if it's the Red Devil, then that means it's got the upgraded cooler

thanks man

1 minute ago, Jurrunio said:

Which models of these? Brand itself only affect customer service, and honestly no one is better than others

cough* MSI sucks cough*

If you want a long lasting GPU, MSI surely gives you the smallest chances.

Ryzen 5 2600X/ ASRock聽Fatal1ty聽B450 Gaming K4 /G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15/Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC/ Corsair RM650X 2018 /Crucial BX500 240GB/Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM/聽Cooler Master聽MasterBox聽E500L聽/聽ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ聽//Rog Orion聽/ Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro聽/ Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport聽 Special Edition Controller for Windows

Just now, DSD27 said:

If you want a long lasting GPU, MSI surely gives you the smallest chances.

PREACH ON BROTHER

Saphire pulse. Cheap and cools well. I even had a good experience with customer service.

But sure PowerColor is equally great. Just dont get ASUS or something like that. You pay for the brand...

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 馃檪

35 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Why avoid Gigabyte? Their Gaming OC doesn't seem to be much worse than the Pulse, and XFX doesn't seem that bad too as long the price isn't too high.

Also the cheapest PowerColor is likely their dual fan model with 90mm fans and worse heatsink than the Red Dragon, so it would likely be better to avoid it unless it's much cheaper, it's likely worse than the Gigabyte 5600XT Gaming OC that is the cheapest model on PCPP in the US right now.

I have a sapphire pulse 5700xt and it鈥檚 been great.聽

I鈥檒l never buy an xfx product again after dealing with their customer service with the rx5700 DD Ultra I had.聽

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme聽

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x聽

Be quiet 500dx聽

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

i mean if theyre all the same card, and they just come from different brands, pick the one with the best customer service.

stuff is cool. stuff that has fancy lighting is cooler. stuff that has fancy lighting and聽works聽is the coolest.

i game so i know a bit abt gaming tech, not much abt professional tech.

writing this as i finish a 3 hour D2 sesh so excuse anything wrong.

yeah i bought an xfx rx 590 and the coolers are crap and that goes for most聽 of their cards. Some times I would idle at 70 degrees and it was only 4 months old. just never go xfx I learned that the hard way. So I got an evga rtx 2070 super

Evga is awesome customer service wise. I always suggest them for nvidia cards聽

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme聽

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x聽

Be quiet 500dx聽

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

can we all just agree msi is absolute shit at not only making cards with heat sinks but customer service too.

On 4/12/2020 at 2:01 AM, Gohardgrandpa said:

Evga is awesome customer service wise. I always suggest them for nvidia cards聽

Truth. But sadly they dont make AMD. But Saphire is the "EVGA of AMD" in my book.

1 hour ago, Metallus97 said:

Truth. But sadly they dont make AMD. But Saphire is the "EVGA of AMD" in my book.

I've used sapphire in the past and that's why I bought the pulse for my 5700xt. They make good stuff

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme聽

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x聽

Be quiet 500dx聽

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

6 hours ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

I've used sapphire in the past and that's why I bought the pulse for my 5700xt. They make good stuff

Nitro+? I got that one on a custom block

i know the fat cooler is a bit of a waste but I wanted to have the PCB/ powerdelivery. I can push ~2.15-2.2GHz with RTG more power tool.聽

1 hour ago, Metallus97 said:

Nitro+? I got that one on a custom block

i know the fat cooler is a bit of a waste but I wanted to have the PCB/ powerdelivery. I can push ~2.15-2.2GHz with RTG more power tool.聽

Sapphire pulse 5700xt I can run it at 2150mhz and it's stable for hours of gaming

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme聽

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x聽

Be quiet 500dx聽

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

9 hours ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

Sapphire pulse 5700xt I can run it at 2150mhz and it's stable for hours of gaming

Yeha to be honest the pulse is also fine.