oldest rigs in here?

G O D Z I L L A

Who has the oldest computer in here 

i still use my 13 year old lenovo latop

Do you still use a bad laptop or desktop

I have a few Dell prebuilts from the early and mid 2000s which I use from time to time, however they're not my main PCs (my main computer is around 5 years old).

I used to have a Toshiba laptop from 1998, but my dad sold it (and he didn't even ask me first).

3 minutes ago, XR6 said:

I have a few Dell prebuilts from the early and mid 2000s which I use from time to time, however they're not my main PCs (my main computer is around 5 years old).

I used to have a Toshiba laptop from 1998, but my dad sold it (and he didn't even ask me first).

my main rig is that shitty laptrop so you should be thankful 

also we still have those 198 laptop dell

my macbook isn't old (2017) but it is a base model. 

my other macbook (2012) has twice the ram, 4x the storage and is about the same in terms of speed... i use both on and off, but the display on the 2017 is so much better. 

She/Her

Just now, handymanshandle said:

I have an IBM ThinkPad T23 or some shit from early 2002. It has a Pentium III of some sort and Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs.

we are equal 

respec my low spec friend

but is it your main cause  my shitty laptop is my main pc for years since i was 6

3P7A8213-Edit.thumb.jpg.92b232bf2cf67d879cce7d8c33886d3a.jpg

I've got this old clunker.

My oldest rig is a Playstation 2, you can hook up a keyboard and mouse and play Half Life with it on PS2, so it counts.

SLAMD-XT  Ryzen 2600X 4.125ghz 1.26v~Gigabyte B450 Aorus ELITE~16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz C15~Arcting Cooling Freezer 34 Esports Duo~Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700-XT~CIT chassis~120GB PNY SSD~WD BLUE 3D NAND 1TB SSD M.2~Phobya 120mm G.Silent's~SuperFlower Leadex III GOLD~Razer Basilisk~RedDragon Kumura

Just now, GreyestGoat said:

My oldest rig is a Playstation 2, you can hook up a keyboard and mouse and play Half Life with it on PS2, so it counts.

it does but i mean a rig that runs windows or mac or the king linux

Just now, G O D Z I L L A said:

it does but i mean a rig that runs windows or mac or the king linux

Playstation 2 also runs linux.

SLAMD-XT  Ryzen 2600X 4.125ghz 1.26v~Gigabyte B450 Aorus ELITE~16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz C15~Arcting Cooling Freezer 34 Esports Duo~Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700-XT~CIT chassis~120GB PNY SSD~WD BLUE 3D NAND 1TB SSD M.2~Phobya 120mm G.Silent's~SuperFlower Leadex III GOLD~Razer Basilisk~RedDragon Kumura

Just now, GreyestGoat said:

Playstation 2 also runs linux.

ok then an old rig that can run chrome and youtube

Just now, G O D Z I L L A said:

ok then an old rig that can run chrome and youtube

It can but they were never coded for it and the video quality would have to be around 360P, Chrome would have to be fully HTML.

17 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

3P7A8213-Edit.thumb.jpg.92b232bf2cf67d879cce7d8c33886d3a.jpg

I've got this old clunker.

Damn, time to upgrade for sure. I wouldn't want my guests to see I use such an old piece of trash. It's got nothing on my 2002 Pentium 4.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I have a 2014 laptop. Don’t really use it. Has Linux on it now. Travel PC. Can do some small programming for fun. 

I upgraded my desktop to Ryzen 2 semi-recently. 

Not too old. 

My ASUS k55n laptop from 2013 is around the house somewhere that I gave to a family member to use.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

Pentium III @ 999Mhz, still works.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Desktop is a Z800 from 10 years ago, laptop is an Elitebook 8440p from about 10 years ago and I have a Jornada 680 and 520 about somwhere.

Not really in any use are another Z800 with no PSU, a Precision T5400, a Powermac G5 dual CPU, a pair of P2 Toshiba laptops, couple of Dell P3 laptops and some other random old machines kicking around.

I still have my commodore 64, not exactly in usable condition but I do believe it still works even though its missing two buttons.

image.png

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.