The day is coming closer.....

Guarrand

in about a month, i am allowed by my better half to buy a new rigg...

I wanna be ready for stuff like Wildstar, Star Citizen (SQ42), Dragon Age Inquisition and Thief 2

Is there any reason i should wait another month or 2?.. (new processors?, new videocards, new mobo's or new cases etc..)

If not, this will probably be my setup:

1 x Corsair H100i watercooling
1 x MSI R9 290X GAMING 4G
1 x Intel® Core™ i7-4770K
1 x Corsair AX760
1 x Corsair Carbide Air 540
1 x Kingston SSDNow KC300 SKC300S37A/120G, 120 GB SSD
1 x ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO
1 x Western Digital Black, 1 TB
1 x Corsair 16 GB DDR3-1600 Kit

And a bunch of Corsair Air Series SP120Q Quiet Edition (5x i think)

My biggest and besteststest rigg ever :D

That is a great rig, i don't see anything that is coming on the horizon apart from maxwell from nVidia.

My PC specs; Processor: Intel i5 2500K @4.6GHz, Graphics card: Sapphire AMD R9 Nano 4GB DD Overclocked @1050MHz Core and 550 MHz Memory. Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 2TB Western Digital Green Drive, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V , Power Supply: OCZ ZS series 750W 80+ Bronze certified, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: Corsair Vengance series Ram, Dual Channel kit @ 1866 Mhz, 10-11-10-30 Timings, 4x4 GB DIMMs. Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V

Change the video card to either a GTX 780 or 780ti. 

R9 290X's are still pretty expensive due to those pesky miner (totally not me....)

I forgot that only North America was affected by the miners. Nevermind

I prefer to go with a samsung 840 evo or pro, they have the better software and speed

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

R9 290X's are still pretty expensive due to those pesky miner (totally not me....)

The increase in price is not present in all countries.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Ditch that mobo and that GPU. AMD cards are priced too high and that board is too expensive to be worth the money. Plus 16 Gigs of RAM...

here I'll make a PC partpicker for you.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

The increase in price is not present in all countries.

I forgot about that. OP is in the Netherlands. 

You could get a 600w PSU and save some money. If this is for gaming, you could go with a 4670K and 8GB of RAM. 

star citizen will not work well with 8gb ram, correction, it will not work altogether, im already struggling in a few games with 8gb ram, bf4 and bf3 are example where i cap out the memory and then it overflows onto the hdd and brings everything to a halt.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I forgot that on North America was affected by the miners. Nevermind

He might live in Europe. Also, GPU prices may fall by that time.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

star citizen will not work well with 8gb ram, correction, it will not work altogether, im already struggling in a few games with 8gb ram, bf4 and bf3 are example where i cap out the memory and then it overflows onto the hdd and brings everything to a halt.

Ah, I've never played Star Citizen, so I'm not sure what it takes. I've not had a problem with BF4 so far, it hasn't gone above 6GB usage for me.

Time bomb, tick tick, boooooooooom!

Build looks good

Ah, I've never played Star Citizen, so I'm not sure what it takes. I've not had a problem with BF4 so far, it hasn't gone above 6GB usage for me.

i normally listen to podcasts while i play games on chrome which takes around 500mb of ram at times so that doesnt help.

Listen if you care.

Here is what I came up with. It is un US prices so just add a .uk or .yourcountryabbreviation for your prices.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2VmVC

Don't be turned off by the i5 or 8GB of RAM. An i5 will perform the same as an i7 (if not better) in games and the 780 Lightning can OC like crazy. 

I would suggest getting the new (i) version of the PSU. At least then you can use the lower power states of Haswell. Also if you are going to overclock you would be able to use the adaptive overclocking mode to be able to use the ability of lower voltages when system is under light use and get to the overclock voltages when the system is under load.

Thnx for the quick replies guys.

R9 290X's are still pretty expensive due to those pesky miner

What someone else already said, the price is nearly the same over here in the netherlands.

Furthermore i want to go for a "red" look for my rigg, and since the performance of the cards and manufacturers isnt all that far apart, the MSI card looks very awesome.

Same deal with the Kingston SSD... its red and it performs pretty near the samsung if i am correct.

Any reason your going for an M-ATX board in an ATX case?

It says ATX on the site i was checking... is that a problem!?

Here is what I came up with. It is un US prices so just add a .uk or .yourcountryabbreviation for your prices.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2VmVC

Don't be turned off by the i5 or 8GB of RAM. An i5 will perform the same as an i7 (if not better) in games and the 780 Lightning can OC like crazy. 

Hey thanks for the link...

But i am a bit picky myself when it comes to looks and stuff.. (my inner female i think).

I really like the Corsair Air 540 and i am going for a black/red look.

Hence the 760 corsair  PSU and the MSI r9 290x and Asus Hero AND the corsair vengeance red.

They all seem to be good choices... but i could be wrong ofcourse :)

Hey thanks for the link...

But i am a bit picky myself when it comes to looks and stuff.. (my inner female i think).

I really like the Corsair Air 540 and i am going for a black/red look.

Hence the 760 corsair  PSU and the MSI r9 290x and Asus Hero AND the corsair vengeance red.

They all seem to be good choices... but i could be wrong ofcourse :)

But what is wrong with mine? I gave it a blue theme with the PSU, Memory, and motherboard And the GPU has a yellow fan to provide contrast.. In my opinion red+black is pretty overused if you know what I mean.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2VnZj

I just put the corsair air 540 back in there also. I just think is is stupid basically throwing away money buying an i7 and 16 gigs of RAM that won't be used in gaming.

But what is wrong with mine? I gave it a blue theme with the PSU, Memory, and motherboard And the GPU has a yellow fan to provide contrast.. In my opinion red+black is pretty overused if you know what I mean.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2VnZj

I just put the corsair air 540 back in there also. I just think is is stupid basically throwing away money buying an i7 and 16 gigs of RAM that won't be used in gaming.

I know what you mean... but i think white + blue is better if you wanna use blue... and for the life of me i cant find a blue corsair 540 air in my neigbourhood. :(

I know what you mean... but i think white + blue is better if you wanna use blue... and for the life of me i cant find a blue corsair 540 air in my neigbourhood. :(

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2VoKY

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2VoN2

If you really can't do with the noctua fans just buy two corsair fans.

i only see 2 things to consider

h100i it is a great cooler but i have alot of problems with mine and when i get a some more money i will be getting a new cooler master glacial L  but you might want to consider a h220 

and the gpu the 290x is amazing and i personally want one but what about nvidia shield and g-sync i know amd has mantle and freesync but ever since i got my shield it has been top priority that i have the correct compatibility with it, so a maxwell card if they are compatible with it or a 780 might be something to consider

your rig is great and is alot better than mine and will hold you over for atleast 4 years with the occasional gpu swap, but i never thought i would be interested in something like shield, but now i am  and who knows amd might have something like it in the future

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

Time bomb, tick tick, boooooooooom!

Build looks good

That GIF is just.... droool. :D 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!