Been trying to figure this out for months :(

Go to solution Solved by PlayStation 2,

Looks like frame interpolation for the effect of motion blur. You'll have to find plugins to do frame interpolation that allows for that, but that's very much what's going on there.

Does anyone have ANY clue what this guy is using to make his videos this smooth? I've tried my damndest to get my videos to look like this and cannot for the life of me. I record at 60 fps and render out to 60 fps but cannot achieve anything similar. I FEEL or think it is motion blur but I'm really not sure. I record and render/upload at 60FPS 1440p but if you watch the video it is almost like it has motion blur added too it. I've tried a ton of things and can't get anything close. I normally record on OBS with CQP at 15 and edit in After Effects and then render it out with a bitrate of 50 CBR through media encoder. I know this probably isn't the best place to ask but honestly I'm going to lose my mind if I don't ask others for help. x.x

Here is the video in question

I would contact him but he's currently in the Korean military until near the end of the year.

So far I've tried the base motion blur option in AE, CC Force Motion Blur in AE, smart resample in Vegas, recording at a higher frame rate (120 to 240 fps to match my monitors refresh rate as I read this would make it replicate this "smoothness") and then trying both those options again, RSMB, Twixtor and I just cannot find how this video looks THIS smooth. If he used RSMB or Twixtor there would be warping but as far as I can see there isn't any at all. Any help or nudge in the right direction is greatly appreciated!

Looks like frame interpolation for the effect of motion blur. You'll have to find plugins to do frame interpolation that allows for that, but that's very much what's going on there.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Hmm. I know After Effects has Frame Mix and Pixel Motion Blur, Is frame interpolation different? If so then I will have to look around and see if I can find a good frame interpolation plugin.

8 minutes ago, RicePanda said:

Hmm. I know After Effects has Frame Mix and Pixel Motion Blur, Is frame interpolation different? If so then I will have to look around and see if I can find a good frame interpolation plugin.

I don't specifically play around with anything Adobe so I couldn't tell you, but what frame interpolation is, essentially, is making up extra frames to fill in gaps when requested. Lots of TVs that advertise a "high refresh rate" do some form of frame interpolation.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.