xbox 2020 vs equal pc after quarentine inflation.

Ryzenuser19

so if im wising up to the flaws of traditional capitalism this covid bs is gunna cause price inflation on everything. so my question is after covid lockdown is it even worth building pc's for a while.

xbox series x will probably work out cheaper by A LOT right? and what with m$ and call of duty allowign us to use cross play and mouse and keyboard and cronus max being dirt cheap these days, there is ZERO point building someone something that preforms worse for more than £500 vs series x fatbox on launch?

specs in spoiler.

Spoiler

Motherboard

Asrock A320M

CPU 

Ryzen 5 2600X 

GPU/s

2x MSI RX580 Gaming X 8GB

RAM

channel 1 Corsair Vengence LPX  DDR4 2133MHz 2x4GB

channel 2 Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3000MHz 2x4GB

Cooler

AMD Wraith Max RGB Cooler

Case

CiT Seven

Storage Internal Only.

SSD  Crucial BX500 120GB

HDD Segate ST2000L 2TB

Monitor/s         

LG UltraWide 25UM58

Acer XZ350CU 35" 21:9 Ultrawide

LG UltraWide 25UM58

Mouse

Logitech 203 Prodigy Wired

Keyboard

Logitech 213 Prodigy Wired

6 minutes ago, Ryzenuser19 said:

so if im wising up to the flaws of traditional capitalism this covid bs is gunna cause price inflation on everything. so my question is after covid lockdown is it even worth building pc's for a while.

xbox series x will probably work out cheaper by A LOT right? and what with m$ and call of duty allowign us to use cross play and mouse and keyboard and cronus max being dirt cheap these days, there is ZERO point building someone something that preforms worse for more than £500 vs series x fatbox on launch?

I would hold off on building anything or buying anything for a bit, due to this whole ordeal, the prime time to build a machine was about 3 months ago.

the new Xbox would perform on par to a mid range gaming desktop in today's standards, but with NO expandability... meaning when it comes to upgrade that GPU, CPU, Powersupply, Memory, good luck.

1 hour ago, GUVII said:

the new Xbox would perform on par to a mid range gaming desktop in today's standards, but with NO expandability... meaning when it comes to upgrade that GPU, CPU, Powersupply, Memory, good luck.

I wouldn't call a 2080S or 2080TI mid range, by the time the Xbox is out maybe it will be closer to a mid range desktop, but today it isn't.

1 hour ago, GUVII said:

I would hold off on building anything or buying anything for a bit, due to this whole ordeal, the prime time to build a machine was about 3 months ago.

You don’t know the performance of the new Xbox... matching the CPU alone would be £300 the GPU has 52 RDNA2 CUs vs the 5700XTs 40 RDNA so you’re talking a high end PC at this point by what we know if it was a PC running on windows rather than a console running a console OS. To match performance I’m going to guess it’s gonna take over a grands worth if PC if you use good components not a £20 HDD and a £20 case etc. Similar to when the Xbox One X came out you were talking like £600-700 to match it on PC

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

5 minutes ago, KaitouX said:

I wouldn't call a 2080S or 2080TI mid range, by the time the Xbox is out maybe it will be closer to a mid range desktop, but today it isn't.

its running Navi based graphics unit, a 2080S or TI would out perform it. What saves consoles are the ability to utilize their hardware with low background usage

2 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

You don’t know the performance of the new Xbox... matching the CPU alone would be £300 the GPU has 52 CUs vs the 5700XTs 40 so you’re talking a high end PC at this point by what we know if it was a PC running on windows rather than a console running a console OS.

Microsoft has already shown what its potential is, sure the system isn't out yet, but im not impressed as its performance is already out there for the PC Market, and with the potential of AMD and Nvidia releasing next Gen GPU units, like RTX 3000 series... would be a clear indication to hold off and see who will flex first... either AMD, or Nvidia.

2 minutes ago, GUVII said:

its running Navi based graphics unit, a 2080S or TI would out perform it. What saves consoles are the ability to utilize their hardware with low background usage

RDNA2 isn't in the market yet, but the Xbox should be 20%+ faster than the 5700XT when considering the specs, which would be basically identical to the 2080S, that was also shown in demos where the Xbox performance was similar to a PC with the 2080 without support to RDNA2 features in a demo/port made in 2 weeks(according to Digital Foundry).

22 minutes ago, GUVII said:

Microsoft has already shown what its potential is, sure the system isn't out yet, but im not impressed as its performance is already out there for the PC Market, and with the potential of AMD and Nvidia releasing next Gen GPU units, like RTX 3000 series... would be a clear indication to hold off and see who will flex first... either AMD, or Nvidia.

The problem is price and not performance.

1 hour ago, GUVII said:

Issue is price. If they can offer the performance of a 2080 for around half that card but for the entire system that value will not be matched by a PC for at least a few years until the 4000 series from nvidia or whatever AMD is putting out later on. 

Cost of games will be same or higher on console. Not like you can buy codes from sales like you can with PC. So if you have decent PC now, and Xbox isn't getting any exclusives you might want to play, just stick with PC and see what if anything you need to upgrade.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

Issue is price. If they can offer the performance of a 2080 for around half that card but for the entire system that value will not be matched by a PC for at least a few years until the 4000 series from nvidia or whatever AMD is putting out later on. 

I doubt this console is going to be an inexpensive alternative... or the PS5. Based on performance spec, I would say it would cost about $700 maybe a $1000 for a next gen console, especially to pay for the RnD, game titles, Xbox pass for online play and so on. Consoles are nice, but having to pay for a service that should be free in the first place is... stupid. That's like me paying twice for an ISP. Anyhow, a grand in computer parts isn't that bad of a performance increase, if you plan your parts and plan for the future in a PC, not so much with a console as you are limited to what you have for the next 5 or maybe 7 years, give or take.

Again, PC blows the Xbox away in terms of expandability, despite the price, you can buy parts that are mid range, save your money, go back and buy better parts, expand your storage, even customize the looks of your computer. I had a computer last me 10+ years and was able to play Anthem of all games at a solid 60 fps... how many consoles do you know that even last 5 years? Oh wait, they don't... because a new console comes out basically every 5 or maybe, just maybe 10 years as the current xbox one, the first generation of its line was released 7 years ago.

Sorry but having ARGB shine within my PC as if a Unicorn exploded inside of it, is quite satisfying, funny thing is, the upgrade I've personally done to my computer probably will cost less than the Xbox or the PS5, and I'm still using parts that were from my 10 year old machine (hard drives and a Corsair AX power supply platinum 80+ rated).

18 hours ago, Ryzenuser19 said:

so my question is after covid lockdown is it even worth building pc's for a while.

Yes. PCs can also be used for things other than gaming. ;)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

My take is, yes chances are the XBOX will have overall better performance//price ratio in gaming against PC. But I strongly recommend to wait for a little longer for new information as we currently do not have enough information about the XBOX real life performance and regarding the upcoming PC hardware. I personally think it is best to wait for sufficient information from reliable sources, and wait until the unfortunate pandemic is over. By waiting, we can decide whether or not the respective hardware is worth it over one  or another. And by waiting until the pandemic (and all shorts of economic impacts) is over, we can get items with a lower price than it is under the unfortunate crisis. So, in my opinion, it is better to wait until reviewers get their hands on the console and upcoming PC parts, and to wait until the prices drop from the current pricing.

Note: it should also be considered that we do not know how long the global pandemic crisis will come to a stop. You can always take things into your own consideration. As said, do not let someone on the internet make choices for your life. Take the advice, and then process the information on your own to determine what's best for you.

6 hours ago, GUVII said:

I doubt this console is going to be an inexpensive alternative... or the PS5. Based on performance spec, I would say it would cost about $700 maybe a $1000 for a next gen console, especially to pay for the RnD, game titles, Xbox pass for online play and so on. Consoles are nice, but having to pay for a service that should be free in the first place is... stupid. That's like me paying twice for an ISP. Anyhow, a grand in computer parts isn't that bad of a performance increase, if you plan your parts and plan for the future in a PC, not so much with a console as you are limited to what you have for the next 5 or maybe 7 years, give or take.

Again, PC blows the Xbox away in terms of expandability, despite the price, you can buy parts that are mid range, save your money, go back and buy better parts, expand your storage, even customize the looks of your computer. I had a computer last me 10+ years and was able to play Anthem of all games at a solid 60 fps... how many consoles do you know that even last 5 years? Oh wait, they don't... because a new console comes out basically every 5 or maybe, just maybe 10 years as the current xbox one, the first generation of its line was released 7 years ago.

Sorry but having ARGB shine within my PC as if a Unicorn exploded inside of it, is quite satisfying, funny thing is, the upgrade I've personally done to my computer probably will cost less than the Xbox or the PS5, and I'm still using parts that were from my 10 year old machine (hard drives and a Corsair AX power supply platinum 80+ rated).

You’re still using a Hard Drive...

They sell consoles at a loss and get massive discounts from bulk ordering millions of units. Guessing they’ll top out at 600 at the most, Microsoft has already indirectly said they will look to match or undercut whatever Sony puts The PS5 at. Remember even if you take a £200 loss per console you’ll more than make that up in online subscriptions and licensing fees for games over the next 5-10

years.

6 hours ago, GUVII said:

Consoles has been underpricing themselves for years. Their business model is a little bit trickier than normal business strategy.

For short, Microsoft and Sony don't make much money from selling the consoles itself (Quite the opposite actually, they're losing money from it).

So, how they're gonna stay in business? Licenses of course! There are two main ways they can use licensing to make money:

1. Sell online subscriptions to users. Like PS+ for example. You need it to be able to play online, and most people do want to play online, so they bought the subscriptions. If you buy like a (made up number) $30 online subscription every year, that would total in $150 in 5 years.

2. Membership. Sony has membership plans from the most affordable to quite luxurious. This can help them generate revenues.

3. Sell licenses to game studios. Everytime a studio is launching a game to a new platform, they pay for the license and rights to be able to actually use that platform for their games.

So, I am quite certain that Sony and Microsoft wouldn't dare to ask too much for their new consoles.

Thank you.

On 4/4/2020 at 9:28 AM, KaitouX said:

tbh all desktop setups are midrage compared to what i worked with last ye

15 hours ago, Azura Lightfeilt said:

Consoles has been underpricing themselves for years. Their business model is a little bit trickier than normal business strategy.

For short, Microsoft and Sony don't make much money from selling the consoles itself (Quite the opposite actually, they're losing money from it).

So, how they're gonna stay in business? Licenses of course! There are two main ways they can use licensing to make money:

1. Sell online subscriptions to users. Like PS+ for example. You need it to be able to play online, and most people do want to play online, so they bought the subscriptions. If you buy like a (made up number) $30 online subscription every year, that would total in $150 in 5 years.

2. Membership. Sony has membership plans from the most affordable to quite luxurious. This can help them generate revenues.

3. Sell licenses to game studios. Everytime a studio is launching a game to a new platform, they pay for the license and rights to be able to actually use that platform for their games.

So, I am quite certain that Sony and Microsoft wouldn't dare to ask too much for their new consoles.

Thank you.

ar. but i have access to machines that make what i could afford myself feel like toys lol.

2nd. i know how it works. i used to sell seemless textures and create comissioned 3d models and its a similar model.

15 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

You’re still using a Hard Drive...

They sell consoles at a loss and get massive discounts from bulk ordering millions of units. Guessing they’ll top out at 600 at the most, Microsoft has already indirectly said they will look to match or undercut whatever Sony puts The PS5 at. Remember even if you take a £200 loss per console you’ll more than make that up in online subscriptions and licensing fees for games over the next 5-10

years.

and yes i use harddrives because they dont sell a 8TB ssd yet and i refuse to pay money for something that wont improove my experiance. hence why ive gone back to a rx580 8gb and sold all my other gpus other than my 1070 which is folding atm. ive saved roughtly 2n half grand uk pounds for the next gen RT cards. but even then im still going to wait for the mid year refresh.

specs in spoiler.

Spoiler

Motherboard

Asrock A320M

CPU 

Ryzen 5 2600X 

GPU/s

RAM

Cooler

Case

CiT Seven

Storage Internal Only.

SSD  Crucial BX500 120GB

HDD Segate ST2000L 2TB

Monitor/s         

LG UltraWide 25UM58

LG UltraWide 25UM58

Mouse

Keyboard

now for the real reply. you guys missed the point entirely.  the aim of my question was to establish whether 500 pounds for a xbox series x is going to give more than a 500quid pc will after or duirng lockdown bs. my reasoning is that for 1, everything is selling out. 2nd hand market is increasing drasticly and in the uk and eu we have to pay discusting ammounts vs the us for computer components yet i can pick up a 70" 4k oled tv for 300 pounds. its pretty stupid. and the fact that i can actually buy some compnents cheaper from the us including the shippings and paying the taxes and still save between 15-25 quid is crazy atm.

specs in spoiler.

Spoiler

Motherboard

Asrock A320M

CPU 

Ryzen 5 2600X 

GPU/s

RAM

Cooler

Case

CiT Seven

Storage Internal Only.

SSD  Crucial BX500 120GB

HDD Segate ST2000L 2TB

Monitor/s         

LG UltraWide 25UM58

LG UltraWide 25UM58

Mouse

Keyboard

4 hours ago, Ryzenuser19 said:

now for the real reply. you guys missed the point entirely.  the aim of my question was to establish whether 500 pounds for a xbox series x is going to give more than a 500quid pc will after or duirng lockdown bs. my reasoning is that for 1, everything is selling out. 2nd hand market is increasing drasticly and in the uk and eu we have to pay discusting ammounts vs the us for computer components yet i can pick up a 70" 4k oled tv for 300 pounds. its pretty stupid. and the fact that i can actually buy some compnents cheaper from the us including the shippings and paying the taxes and still save between 15-25 quid is crazy atm.

To be honest, I think the XBOX will get better performance for the upfront price. But, keep in mind that PC can also be upgraded, and there are more usecase of it. And remember PC games are more likely to be discounted.

8 hours ago, Ryzenuser19 said:

What TV is that because that sounds like it will be a terrible display. 

The Series X isn’t coming out until at least Autumn where the entire lockdown Thing will be some and markets will be near enough back to normal. 

Why do you want 8TB? And actually it does significantly improve your experience going from a HDD to a SATA SSD. Just in Doom for example load time’s are significantly better and in MP games the maps take a lot less time to load and you’re not dumped into a game as soon as or after it starts which was a common occurrence when I was on a WD Black. 

On 4/4/2020 at 2:52 AM, GUVII said:

ARE YOU SERIOUS WITH THE "MID RANGE "  its specs are on par with high end pc 

On 4/6/2020 at 2:11 PM, Earnist_ said:

ARE YOU SERIOUS WITH THE "MID RANGE "  its specs are on par with high end pc 

hes right dude, thats why i was askign if building a pc was worth it when xbox one will be mid range dont forget nvidia has claims they have stuff in the works 75% faster than 2080super. and amd is just starting its rnda 2 stuff and you know they'll be looking to violate intel and nvidia at the same time. so middle of next year xbone will be mid range but next years mid range is going to be awesome. also price to performance vs what a pc eqquivelent will cost its a no brainer at this point to go for xbone. and then save to build a top teir monster. still have a 3950x to use. so ill base my build on that and a monster gpu.

specs in spoiler.

Spoiler

Motherboard

Asrock A320M

CPU 

Ryzen 5 2600X 

GPU/s

RAM

Cooler

Case

CiT Seven

Storage Internal Only.

SSD  Crucial BX500 120GB

HDD Segate ST2000L 2TB

Monitor/s         

LG UltraWide 25UM58

LG UltraWide 25UM58

Mouse

Keyboard

On 4/6/2020 at 9:20 AM, Lord Vile said:

What TV is that because that sounds like it will be a terrible display. 

The Series X isn’t coming out until at least Autumn where the entire lockdown Thing will be some and markets will be near enough back to normal. 

Why do you want 8TB? And actually it does significantly improve your experience going from a HDD to a SATA SSD. Just in Doom for example load time’s are significantly better and in MP games the maps take a lot less time to load and you’re not dumped into a game as soon as or after it starts which was a common occurrence when I was on a WD Black. 

yeah loading games has never been an issue for me tbh. tho gta loads like shite on anything and 8tb ssd would mean having all my games that i swtich between or play when i have friends over, and all my disc backups. i dont intend to switch from hdds as my storage untill i have large capacitys to back all my steam games and gog games up and have one to actually use. also ive started using my folding pc as a steam nas so all my games install there so my internal storage is free.

specs in spoiler.

Spoiler

Motherboard

Asrock A320M

CPU 

Ryzen 5 2600X 

GPU/s

RAM

Cooler

Case

CiT Seven

Storage Internal Only.

SSD  Crucial BX500 120GB

HDD Segate ST2000L 2TB

Monitor/s         

LG UltraWide 25UM58

LG UltraWide 25UM58

Mouse

Keyboard

On 4/4/2020 at 7:46 AM, Ryzenuser19 said:

The new Xbox is only releasing with 1 tb storage and one property upgrade slot meaning you will be shelling out  hundreds for storage 

Please excuse my spelling

1 hour ago, Ryzenuser19 said:

yeah loading games has never been an issue for me tbh. tho gta loads like shite on anything and 8tb ssd would mean having all my games that i swtich between or play when i have friends over, and all my disc backups. i dont intend to switch from hdds as my storage untill i have large capacitys to back all my steam games and gog games up and have one to actually use. also ive started using my folding pc as a steam nas so all my games install there so my internal storage is free.

when I had a HDD I just put the games that took forever (doom or example) on the SSD

18 minutes ago, DarthEoin said:

The new Xbox is only releasing with 1 tb storage and one property upgrade slot meaning you will be shelling out  hundreds for storage 

depends on how much it is, having a 1tb memory card you can download say 10 games on and take to like a friends house is great.

On 4/6/2020 at 9:30 AM, Ryzenuser19 said:

They didn't miss the point, as pointed out, there are too many factors to consider so it can't really be answered.  Could you spend equal dollars on a PC and get the same or better performance? maybe/maybe not.  A lot can happen in both markets between now and when the xbox will be released. There is the ongoing costs that appear to be different depending on what you do.    Also it seems you are putting a lot of your access to technology and what you'd settle for into the equation.  Not all tv's and monitors are equal and not everyone is happy with second hand.

I think the reality is that right now it is not possible to answer your question.  yes pc parts are becoming more expensive, bit as quickly as they go up they can fall again.  And most of the market issues that effect pc parts will also effect xbox.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

22 hours ago, mr moose said:

They didn't miss the point, as pointed out, there are too many factors to consider so it can't really be answered.  Could you spend equal dollars on a PC and get the same or better performance? maybe/maybe not.  A lot can happen in both markets between now and when the xbox will be released. There is the ongoing costs that appear to be different depending on what you do.    Also it seems you are putting a lot of your access to technology and what you'd settle for into the equation.  Not all tv's and monitors are equal and not everyone is happy with second hand.

I think the reality is that right now it is not possible to answer your question.  yes pc parts are becoming more expensive, bit as quickly as they go up they can fall again.  And most of the market issues that effect pc parts will also effect xbox.

no in the uk the console even at 500 gbp is always the better option even a 2060 is roughly 300 gbp and a 1660 super is not far off the 300 mark so factor that witha 2600x or 3600x between 200 and 315 and a 16gb 3200 ram kit at roughly 80-120 (cosmetics up the cost ofc) gbp motherboard thats a b450 chipset at 117 for anything decent with good customer support, a 550w psu lets say non modular for 65 then a 2060 for 333 gbp were already over the xbox series x price and we've not even added storage, case, cooling fans or a mouse and keyboard. theres a better chance of covid actually being part of a cancer cure than M$ or Sony charging over 500 for the new consoles. and thats the launch variants the mid life refreshes are a thing too which will be very nice bits of kit. also bare in mind the xbox series x is supposed to be superior to the 2080 because console optimisation but it should be equal regardless. 2060 is not.

pc.PNG

Edited by Ryzenuser19

specs in spoiler.

Spoiler

Motherboard

Asrock A320M

CPU 

Ryzen 5 2600X 

GPU/s

RAM