xbox 2020 vs equal pc after quarentine inflation.

Ryzenuser19
36 minutes ago, Ryzenuser19 said:

no in the uk the console even at 500 gbp is always the better option even a 2060 is roughly 300 gbp and a 1660 super is not far off the 300 mark so factor that witha 2600x or 3600x between 200 and 315 and a 16gb 3200 ram kit at roughly 80-120 (cosmetics up the cost ofc) gbp motherboard thats a b450 chipset at 117 for anything decent with good customer support, a 550w psu lets say non modular for 65 then a 2060 for 333 gbp were already over the xbox series x price and we've not even added storage, case, cooling fans or a mouse and keyboard. theres a better chance of covid actually being part of a cancer cure than M$ or Sony charging over 500 for the new consoles. and thats the launch variants the mid life refreshes are a thing too which will be very nice bits of kit. also bare in mind the xbox series x is supposed to be superior to the 2080 because console optimisation but it should be equal regardless. 2060 is not.

pc.PNG

You've already got an xbox x series have you?  you know the final cost? you know the final performance?  what about the ongoing cost of subs etc.  what are they like?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

A PC with equivalent abilities will be more expensive, but that doesn’t mean it makes no sense.

PCs have exclusives too, there are benefits to PC gaming that you cannot Replicate on the console, And you can use the PC for more than just games.

One could argue that regardless of the performance/dollar, if all you are going to do is play console games on PC and have no need for the extra features or capabilities then buying a PC makes little sense, pretty much ever.

1 hour ago, Ertman said:

A PC with equivalent abilities will be more expensive, but that doesn’t mean it makes no sense.

PCs have exclusives too, there are benefits to PC gaming that you cannot Replicate on the console, And you can use the PC for more than just games.

One could argue that regardless of the performance/dollar, if all you are going to do is play console games on PC and have no need for the extra features or capabilities then buying a PC makes little sense, pretty much ever.

but again the thing isnt for myself because i can build a pc when ever i want tbh. i build them as a hobby and sell on ebay and fb marketplace. but the idea was  get the best experiance for my uncle who is still on a 3570k and 1600mhz ddr3 with a gtx 970. ive said in previous posts ive been saving for like 4-5 months for the 2nd gen rtx card top teir ive got just over 4k stacked up atm and i have a 3950x sat here doing fuck all atm due to still not having the the hardware to make it worth using. i dont intend to use the most powerful cpu ive ever own that i couldnt afford brand new legitimately with a 2060 or 2070, 3950x would make sense with a 3080super or ti but thats beacuse im thinking what i can do later in the year and next. 

thats waht i ment by they missed the point i dont need the console or a pc perse but i was aiming to gift someone a better gaming experiance and wanted to be sure if the console is deffo going to be the better option vs building  a pc and im 90% sure it will be. as tbh it always is on release but then looking at witcher 3 on consoles vs his 3570k and 970 those aged better than xbox one and ps4 lol.

specs in spoiler.

Spoiler

Motherboard

Asrock A320M

CPU 

Ryzen 5 2600X 

GPU/s

2x MSI RX580 Gaming X 8GB

RAM

channel 1 Corsair Vengence LPX  DDR4 2133MHz 2x4GB

channel 2 Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3000MHz 2x4GB

Cooler

AMD Wraith Max RGB Cooler

Case

CiT Seven

Storage Internal Only.

SSD  Crucial BX500 120GB

HDD Segate ST2000L 2TB

Monitor/s         

LG UltraWide 25UM58

Acer XZ350CU 35" 21:9 Ultrawide

LG UltraWide 25UM58

Mouse

Logitech 203 Prodigy Wired

Keyboard

Logitech 213 Prodigy Wired

On 4/4/2020 at 2:44 PM, LogicalDrm said:

Cost of games will be same or higher on console. Not like you can buy codes from sales like you can with PC. So if you have decent PC now, and Xbox isn't getting any exclusives you might want to play, just stick with PC and see what if anything you need to upgrade.

I woudn't go that far with that price theory. Microsoft and Sony proved they can make a sale almost matching steam one's. I know, some of the titles are oldies but still.

18 hours ago, centurion_08 said:

I woudn't go that far with that price theory. Microsoft and Sony proved they can make a sale almost matching steam one's. I know, some of the titles are oldies but still.

I think people often get hung up on how low steam prices can go and miss the fact that they are games that are much older than what is available on the current gen consoles. For example, I can Tomb Raider for less than $1 (region dependent $1.09 locally), but thats Tomb Raider 1 from the mid 90's, not the reboot.