[Unofficial LTT] NZXT H440 Owners Club

What switch?

The switch on the back of the case for the rear I/O LED. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

The switch on the back of the case for the rear I/O LED.

Ah ok i read wrong

@djdwosk97 how are your temperatures in the h440, you have basically identical parts to me in your college rig and i was looking to move my system into an h440? If the temperatures aren't up to standards in the h440 I'll probably just end up using an R5 instead.

In Aida 64 I peak around 75 iirc, and 82 in heaven. Again, that's if I remember correctly.

There's about a 10c temp difference with all te panels off vs all on.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

If anyone in this thread can prove to me that a few quality fans make this case cool on par with other competitive cases (eg r5), I think I will have one on the way in the next few days

Linus did a video in the H440 about premium fans if that's what you're talking about

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Is that with stock fans and if not what fans are you using? Is the radiator set as exhaust?

three 120mm cougar vortex pwm fans at 900 rpm (iirc there's about a five degree difference between 900 rpm and max speed (2000ish).

The AIO is exhaust and the rear 140 is intake--although That didn't affect my temps a whole lot (stock 140 in back and seidon 240m stock fans on rad at 50%ish)

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Basically yes, so how does this case compare to the r5 in terms of cooling with a 240mm rad as exhaust in the top (with moduvents removed on the r5). I've been torn between these two for a month.

temps between the two will be pretty similar -- it shouldn't affect performance anyway, so my personal preference would be h400 for looks and hidden psu/hdd chamber design.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Basically yes, so how does this case compare to the r5 in terms of cooling with a 240mm rad as exhaust in the top (with moduvents removed on the r5). I've been torn between these two for a month.

Also in his video he used a reference card whereas I have an open cooled card (acx cooler from evga)

The difference between the two will be negligible, but the define R5 will be a degree or two cooler

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

And this is why decisions are difficult between the cases

Choose whichever you think looks nicer

Hi all mine h440 I would to make more quiet the stock case fans, how I can do? If I undervolt the hub molex I will undervolt also the led hub, it's a good thing? Suggestions?

Hi all mine h440 I would to make more quiet the stock case fans, how I can do? If I undervolt the hub molex I will undervolt also the led hub, it's a good thing? Suggestions?

use motherboard headers instead

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

I must to connect every single fan to header?

Also, has anyone tried removing all of the sound dampening foam to reduce the insulating properties of the case and improve clearance under the covers so that fans can be run at lower rpms? Would the lower rpm trade-off with reduced sound dampening result in a quieter build overall with maybe better cooling?

Removing the foam would do nothing, except make things louder. The heat wouldn't dissipate through the steel and plastic sides anyway, and the foam doesn't do anything to blow airflow.

Solved, i have made a 7volt splitter to downvolt the hub

That is an impressive build! You do flight sims with it?

And one last thing, how are you're temperatures with that?

Push/pull has no effect on temperatures, especially on a rad that thin.

And damn that is a nice flight sim set up. I wish i was rich

I meant mounting the h100i as an intake, I didn't know if the hoses were long enough. @Bio Mujahid didn't really answer that but his setup with the h100i as exhaust with such high end components made me think that having the radiator as an intake isn't really necessary. I was then wondering how his temperatures were on the setup with sli 980s and the h100i as exhaust.

Just get yourself 3 good fans for intake. I got myself the new noctuas.

You don't need the rad as an intake believe on me on that

Push/pull has no effect on temperatures, especially on a rad that thin.

And damn that is a nice flight sim set up. I wish i was rich

I have a decent job indeed but i cannot call myself rich YET :P

That is an impressive build! You do flight sims with it?

And one last thing, how are you're temperatures with that?

Yes and star citizen :) also video editing

Temps on the cpu are at 35 idle and max 60 on load

GPUs are at 36 idle and max 72 on load

Can you fit a phanteks pwm fan hub behind the motherboard tray in the h440?

I'm sure it'll fit if you remove its casing . Bt with the casing I have no idea

just finished setting up my new pc with h440 (white) I currentyl have a 4770k with a h80i in idle I am getting an avarage temp of 35-37 is that normal?

just finished setting up my new pc with h440 (white) I currentyl have a 4770k with a h80i in idle I am getting an avarage temp of 35-37 is that normal?

yes

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hey guys,

I plan to fit a Gigabyte X99-Gaming 7 WIFI into this case. However, I have heard that fitting E-ATX can bend the motherboard.

Does any one know if it will work? 

Thanks

Hey guys,

I plan to fit a Gigabyte X99-Gaming 7 WIFI into this case. However, I have heard that fitting E-ATX can bend the motherboard.

Does any one know if it will work? 

Thanks

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

this was covered in the thread before:

...ripped the case apart to reveal some unknowns from reviews and tossed my

RIVE to find out if this will accept E-ATX and it will, just have to remove the

corner cable grommetsif you don't, it bends the board on the outer mounting

locations. removing the grommets allowed the board to sit flat. to guard the PCB,

i would suggest electrical tape to be place along the metallic area to guard

against possible short circuit.

using the Thermaltake Water Extreme 2.0 (38mm thick radiator) and a 25mm

thick fan and you'll see there is clearance to operate with some spare.

now be known, not all RAM/'sink locations are the same, so you'll prolly have to

test fit your H105 and Tt WE 2.0 to verify fitment with different chipsets and CPU

platforms. mounting the hoses towards the rear does restrict the rear i/o fan

(careful to notice this). may have to have the hose enter/exit towards front.

the fan is mounted in the lowest position.

follow that guide and you'll be golden!

its been out almost a year now.. it is a tigerdirect exclusive.