[Unofficial LTT] NZXT H440 Owners Club

I'm in the club ^^

what up 50 cent!

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

what up 50 cent!

Lol, I have almost ended, only cables management left

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

this was covered in the thread before:

follow that guide and you'll be golden!

Thank's for the welcome  :)

I some how managed to miss that lol, thank you very much  :D

I'm in the club ^^

post a picture or two and we'll get you posted in the club post.

I am going to have one. Red and Black... see my signature @airdeano

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

post a picture or two and we'll get you posted in the club post.

More in future

• CPU
    Intel 4690k
  • Motherboard
    Asus Maximus VII Ranger
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX Fury 2*4gb
  • GPU
    Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming
  • Case
    NZXT H440 White
  • Storage
    Crucial Mx100 256gb
  • PSU
    EVGA 750w Supernova G2

8d63bcff6431a9b2ed263f7df299997b.jpg

2d9dc0b834daa4d2f78aa7e69df0b7a1.jpg

I am going to have one. Red and Black... see my signature @airdeano

great, post the pix and get added

More in future

added, if possible, please add your build hardware for viewers to see what they

could expect if they chose the same parts as you did, thanks!

great, post the pix and get added

It is going to take a while until I get it, saving money(probably 2 months IDK)

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Anyone got this set up with a closed loop cooler as an intake on the front?

before i went custom loop i had a 280mm AIO at the front as intake in pull config.

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 @1500mhz + 8000Mhz CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Delided and Overclocked @4.8  MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory CPU Cooler: Corsair HG10+ H90 +H90 CASE: Corsair 380T  Storage: 120GB Samsung Evo SSD + Crucail 256GB Mx100 + 2TB Seagate/  OS: Windows 10 64bit Power supply:  Corsair RM750

how were cpu and gpu temperatures with that setup?

CPu was 35ish in idle and 55ish under load.

MY gpu was on a G10+Aio so temps where about the same as CPU

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 @1500mhz + 8000Mhz CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Delided and Overclocked @4.8  MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory CPU Cooler: Corsair HG10+ H90 +H90 CASE: Corsair 380T  Storage: 120GB Samsung Evo SSD + Crucail 256GB Mx100 + 2TB Seagate/  OS: Windows 10 64bit Power supply:  Corsair RM750

Finished My build. It's got a Core i7 3770k cooled by kraken x41, asrock extreme6 mobo, 16gb ram, 2x gtx970 in sli (wanted the reference cards for the awesome glowing geforce logos hehe), 480gb sandisk ultra II, and 4 other HDD that I use for storage varying in size from 250gb to 1.5tb. I have the Nvidia glowing sli bridge but I am bummed because the spacing on my mobo does not allow me to use it!!! When i upgrade my mobo and cpu I will surely include it! Dark shot included!

post-187974-0-21230200-1422515319_thumb.

post-187974-0-81180200-1422515323_thumb.

post-187974-0-71733700-1422515327_thumb.

Finished My build. It's got a Core i7 3770k cooled by kraken x41, asrock extreme6 mobo, 16gb ram, 2x gtx970 in sli (wanted the reference cards for the awesome glowing geforce logos hehe), 480gb sandisk ultra II, and 4 other HDD that I use for storage varying in size from 250gb to 1.5tb. I have the Nvidia glowing sli bridge but I am bummed because the spacing on my mobo does not allow me to use it!!! When i upgrade my mobo and cpu I will surely include it! Dark shot included!

Very nice, can you show us your cable management?

Very nice, can you show us your cable management?

Sure. Although It's not very pretty :/. What I like about the case is that the part that is showing through the window looks great even though all this chaos is going on behind the other panel. Also I am in the process of changing motherboard and CPU so I will update when complete! 

post-187974-0-51666800-1422605785_thumb.

I have the black and red 440, have a few corsair AF red led 120 mm fans coming, and gonna buy an nzxt LED strip.  What color led sleeve strip should i get? Is red too much overkill? Or should I go with white

How easy do you guys find it to remove the front panel because the front panel on my phantom 530 is near impossible and feels like it will break every time. Need to know since easy dust cleaning is a must for me and need access to that front filter. If things don't work out, I might have to go to the fractal side!

It comes off pretty easily. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I have the black and red 440, have a few corsair AF red led 120 mm fans coming, and gonna buy an nzxt LED strip.  What color led sleeve strip should i get? Is red too much overkill? Or should I go with white

use the white, all the red will do is bleach you reds and wash the blacks.

well im just waiting for my cable combs to come hopefully they come today and then its done and i will post pics!

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Has anyone tried running the system with the rear 140mm, and top 360mm as intake with front 240mm as exhaust? 

I'm curious as I think most of the noise coming from my computer is coming from my seidon 240mm exhausting out the top towards me (whereas exhausting at the front would blow away from me). 

So any thoughts/experiences on how everything would play out? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

i have (sort of) i ran this:

front 360 intake and top 240 intake and rear exhaust. temps were fine with fans

at sub 1000 rpm. all intakes were filtered.

thinking to use panty hose as a filter element along the venting holes of the

panels and remove the installed filters. reason is the front is a bit floppy and

can hit the fan blades.

Is cable management in this case easy? Might pick one up.

It is if you're patient. My back panel slides on like a glove. 

i have (sort of) i ran this:

front intake and top 240 intake and rear exhaust. temps were fine with fans

at sub 1000 rpm. all intakes were filtered.

thinking to use panty hose as a filter element along the venting holes of the

panels and remove the installed filters. reason is the front is a bit floppy and

can hit the fan blades.

hmmm I guess I'll try to it then...My computer needs to be silent :unsure: 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

^^ this

hmmm I guess I'll try to it then...My computer needs to be silent :unsure:

I'm thinking about putting in the asrock board with blue accents, and white extensions for the psu into the white/black h440, not sure if it'll look good. Can you remove the the accents and plasti-dip it?

I'm thinking about putting in the asrock board with blue accents, and white extensions for the psu into the white/black h440, not sure if it'll look good. Can you remove the the accents and plasti-dip it?

That's what i did. It's not too hard. Make sure you don't plastidip the part that connects to the steel frame or you'll have a hard time taking them off.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it