Am I missing a pin on my psu

ferariforests

Ok so a couple days ago, my computer started acting funny and it didn’t seem like a software problem so I came here and asked what to do, and everyone said either mother board or psu, so I just noticed that I’m missing a pin on my psu and my board needs all 24, so do I need a new board or psu. Or does it matter at all?

Just now, ferariforests said:

Ok so a couple days ago, my computer started acting funny and it didn’t seem like a software problem so I came here and asked what to do, and everyone said either mother board or psu, so I just noticed that I’m missing a pin on my psu and my board needs all 24, so do I need a new board or psu. Or does it matter at all?

Can you give a photo of what you are talking about?

Keep in mind, one of the 24 pin ATX connector is denoted as 'NC', or 'no connection':

image.png.8edda3cf05660c06b197c31e3e9a856d.png

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

A missing pin on the 24 pin connector is completely normal for modern PSUs.

Loog here for more information:
http://support.antec.com/support/solutions/articles/1000142625-why-is-there-a-pin-missing-on-my-24-pin-connector-5v-rail-questions

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Are you able to provide pictures of this missing "pin"?

It's not entirely clear what you're addressing, at least not to me.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Based on your previous thread, it seems to be completely unrelated to the PSU

:)

2 minutes ago, ferariforests said:

But it looks like I need that pin on my motherboard

What motherboard do you have?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, Uptivuptiz said:

What motherboard do you have?

B450 tomahawk 

B450 tomahawk 

Oh yeah, could you also describe what kind of issues you have been experiencing and what leads you to believe its either the motherboard or the PSU?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Oh yeah, could you also describe what kind of issues you have been experiencing and what leads you to believe its either the motherboard or the PSU?

I used to get bsoded a lot but then that stopped, then at some point, there would be moments when I dragged my mouse across the background, anything I highlights would turn straight black and sometimes it would flicker. Then it got to the point where I would have to attempt multiple times to open anything and restart multiple times just to open Edge and it would crash after 15 minutes of use. Then a message started to come up after I plugged in a usb and said TOO MUCH POWER DRAW SHUTTING OFF IN 15 SECONDS TO PROTECT MAINBOARD   
So anyway, I don’t know what to do

I used to get bsoded a lot but then that stopped, then at some point, there would be moments when I dragged my mouse across the background, anything I highlights would turn straight black and sometimes it would flicker. Then it got to the point where I would have to attempt multiple times to open anything and restart multiple times just to open Edge and it would crash after 15 minutes of use. Then a message started to come up after I plugged in a usb and said TOO MUCH POWER DRAW SHUTTING OFF IN 15 SECONDS TO PROTECT MAINBOARD   
So anyway, I don’t know what to do

Oh also it would say along the line of install drivers or update to play a game even though I have them download them, and also Not enough available ram to play Minecraft even though it was the only thing open

3 hours ago, ferariforests said:

Oh also it would say along the line of install drivers or update to play a game even though I have them download them, and also Not enough available ram to play Minecraft even though it was the only thing open

Ok. I would also like to know what other parts is in the PC (CPU, RAM, PSU, etc.). As far as I can see this could be a software issue, but I'm 70% certain on that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

B450 Tomawhawk

Inland Premium 1 tb nvme

R5 2600x

sapphire pulse RX 5700xt

corsair cxm 650 watt 80+ bronze 

nzxt H510

corsair LPX 8x2 3600 MHz but I set it to 3200 because of problems with motherboard. I didn’t change any voltage setting though because Bios confuses me so I just set it lower