Driver Booster fucked my pc.

I used driver booster to update some drivers, at some point it froze on 99% installing a small driver

After waiting for hours I forced it to stop. Then I restarted my computer.

At the moment my mouse is stacking and the same is happening with YouTube videos. I re-installed the GPU's drivers and everything was fine.

The moment I restarted my machine though the problem came back. At the same time, installing GPU drivers takes a looooong time after this bug.

Any suggestions please?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Not that it helps now, but moving forward don't use any Driver Booster type software. Always get drivers straight from the source.

Have you tried DDU and a clean reinstall of your Graphics Driver?

CURRENT PC     

CPU:  Intel Core i7 4790K (4.89 Ghz @ 1.345v)

GPU:  ASUS Nvidia GTX 1650 Super @ 1950 Mhz Core Clock + 14800 Mhz DDR6

MOBO:  Asrock Z97 Anniversary 

MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 - 32GB @ 1900 Mhz
STORAGE:  Samsung Evo 860 500GB, Samsung Evo 840 250GB, Samsung QVO 860 1TB, Samsung QVO 860 1TB (Boot, Boot, Storage and Storage)

DDU  not I did not try that. Thank you I forgot completely about that I will proceed to try it now.

And yes I learned my lesson now! I will never do that again.

4 minutes ago, Jof34 said:

DDU  not I did not try that. Thank you I forgot completely about that I will proceed to try it now.

And yes I learned my lesson now! I will never do that again.

Just for future reference, your motherboard-manufacturer most likely provides an utility to check if there are driver-updates for your mobo -- check on your mobo's support-page. NVIDIA's Geforce Experience can keep NVIDIA-drivers up-to-date, if you have an NVIDIA GPU. Also, Intel does also provide a utility for checking and installing Intel-specific driver-updates. I assume AMD does have something similar as well, but I don't have AMD-hardware so I'm not entirely sure of that.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

5 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

Agreed. Do not use any sort of driver management software of any kind. They WILL fuck your PC up.

I disagree. Manufacturer-original tools are fine, like e.g. the Intel Driver & Support Assistant. Third-party tools, specifically, are shit and often install unwanted adware and stuff after a while as well.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, NZgamer said:

I did mean third party software of course

Yeah, I assumed you did, but I typically like to say things in these kinds of topics in very specific terms, just to avoid any misunderstandings. There are a lot of less-knowledgeable users and they have a habit of misunderstanding things. I meant no disrespect towards you.

first i would remove the program then run a program called rouge killer 

after that has finished run super anti spyware and malware bytes and restart.

after thats all finished and cleaned up ddu and install fresh drivers straight from the manufacturer. 

I tried everything it did not work. I managed to fix that by doing a system restore before installing Driver Booster and before installing any of its drivers.

DO NOT use this software. I could not even re-install my NVIDIA drivers after that...it corrupted sth and fucked up my entire system.

Color me surprised. Not.

For me it was enough to see that Driver Booster was claiming PnP drivers to need updating. For me using Uninstaller from IObit was the tipping point since that did much worse than what you have (couldn't boot into Windows).

Solution: You really need to use restoration point. Or do Repair install if you don't have restoration points available. Thats the only way to make sure everything is ok.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv