What parts do I need

Tea1337

So I was looking to replace my weak and old 4inch 4w subwoofer that i've been using. Honestly the little thing just kicks along, but being the basshead that I am I would like something more powerful. I have Found this: http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PLG64-6-5-Inch-300-Watt-Mid-Bass/dp/B000FMPENQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1392618052&sr=8-4&keywords=6inch+subwoofer

If I were to buy one of those, what other parts would I need to be able to play music from my computers 3.5mm headphone jack, or my sound card?

Honestly dont go over 200watt, bass is nice but you dont want a inbalance

Edit: Ironic how the advert at the bottem is recommending an EV loudspeaker.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

waaait are just going to hook a subwoofer and nothing else in your pc do you have other speakers and what kind.

| i5 4690K 4,4Ghz | Gtx 680 Msi twin frozr Oc edition | Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 Gb | Asus Z97-A | Seagate Barracuda 1 TB| Samsung 840 EVO SSD 120GB | Fractal Design Integra 750 W | All gently placed with great fright inside a Fractal Design Define R4 |

| ProJect Head Box S USB with Hifiman HE-400's plugged in | Check profile page for more Audio shizzle(dizzle) |

waaait are just going to hook a subwoofer and nothing else in your pc do you have other speakers and what kind.

I have a set of 2 tweeters from an older surroundsound system, I have the things I need for those, just not the subwoofer.

isnt all you need just an amplifier and a case for the subwoofer?

also copper cables

sorry i dont know that much about speakers im more of a headphoneguy.

Edited by Snazzy

| i5 4690K 4,4Ghz | Gtx 680 Msi twin frozr Oc edition | Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 Gb | Asus Z97-A | Seagate Barracuda 1 TB| Samsung 840 EVO SSD 120GB | Fractal Design Integra 750 W | All gently placed with great fright inside a Fractal Design Define R4 |

| ProJect Head Box S USB with Hifiman HE-400's plugged in | Check profile page for more Audio shizzle(dizzle) |

You will need an amp and if you want to include the tweeters in the set-up you will also need a crossover board, which or can buy or make. Also some form of enclosure for the sub, maybe some insulating foam and some copper wire. Although this is a cheap way to get a nice sub it can go very wrong if the size of the enclosure is too big or too small, and also you should find out if you need air ports in the enclosure.

Creating an enclosure is a science within itself, so I'll tag @mr moose.

Other than that, a simple LP-2020A+ Lepai amp will drive most speakers just fine for home use, and plenty of people use them for subwoofers.

So I was looking to replace my weak and old 4inch 4w subwoofer that i've been using. Honestly the little thing just kicks along, but being the basshead that I am I would like something more powerful. I have Found this: http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PLG64-6-5-Inch-300-Watt-Mid-Bass/dp/B000FMPENQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1392618052&sr=8-4&keywords=6inch+subwoofer

If I were to buy one of those, what other parts would I need to be able to play music from my computers 3.5mm headphone jack, or my sound card?

That is a midwoofer so It probably barely reaches 30Hz and at only 6.5"  if it can handle a genuine 300Watts I'll eat the chair I'm sitting on.  In all honesty by the time you have sourced all the parts you need to build something out of that speaker you will get better value by buying this http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Surround-Sound-Speakers-Z506/dp/B003VAK1FA/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1392724621&sr=8-14&keywords=logitech+2.1

If you really want to do this as a project I will help with the math and design, but be warned it's a rather in depth process and one I would recommend saving for a larger project like 12" 200Watt RMS drivers.  I.E a real big bass sound with a real feeling of accomplishment.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

That is a midwoofer so It probably barely reaches 30Hz and at only 6.5"  if it can handle a genuine 300Watts I'll eat the chair I'm sitting on.  In all honesty by the time you have sourced all the parts you need to build something out of that speaker you will get better value by buying this http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Surround-Sound-Speakers-Z506/dp/B003VAK1FA/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1392724621&sr=8-14&keywords=logitech+2.1

If you really want to do this as a project I will help with the math and design, but be warned it's a rather in depth process and one I would recommend saving for a larger project like 12" 200Watt RMS drivers.  I.E a real big bass sound with a real feeling of accomplishment.  

I'll probably just buy that, it would be more easy to do so and would have better sound.