is my monitor died ? benq xl2411p

sohail14

i tried all different cables hdmi , dvi and displayport , and reistalled latest nvidia drive ( 1070 )  also connect different computer still that white  line not remove . anyway to fix this ? 

IMG_20200323_181300.jpg

I've had similar lines also sometimes vertical ones. It means there is something wrong inside the panel. Opening up the monitor might make it worse if you're not making a perfect job putting it all back together.

I would look for new monitor and keep this one as backup. I have a 2006 macbook with 3 very fat vertical lines across the middle of the screen. Replacing the panel was too expensive so I keep it around in case I ever need a mac.

If you can rule out a bad DVI, DP etc. cable and the issue persists with other computers, it will likely be the panel itself. Might be the flex cable on the inside or the control circuit took some damage, or a simple capacitor reached it's rated tolerance. If you can solder and have to tools to diagnose it, you could open it up but like I've said before, getting it back together is the real challenge.

So my recommendation is to keep the monitor as is and find a replacement.

19 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

I've had similar lines also sometimes vertical ones. It means there is something wrong inside the panel. Opening up the monitor might make it worse if you're not making a perfect job putting it all back together.

I would look for new monitor and keep this one as backup. I have a 2006 macbook with 3 very fat vertical lines across the middle of the screen. Replacing the panel was too expensive so I keep it around in case I ever need a mac.

If you can rule out a bad DVI, DP etc. cable and the issue persists with other computers, it will likely be the panel itself. Might be the flex cable on the inside or the control circuit took some damage, or a simple capacitor reached it's rated tolerance. If you can solder and have to tools to diagnose it, you could open it up but like I've said before, getting it back together is the real challenge.

So my recommendation is to keep the monitor as is and find a replacement.

i bought on 2018 so i have still warranty but some people said it will automatically gone in someday true ? currently my area is shutdown due to corona i dont know what to do

Yeah same here, can't even get cables these days. If it's still under warranty I'd check with the place you've bought it from.

From my experience this issue does not go away on it's own, not unless it is a driver issue, but you have checked with a different pc so it can't be unless they are are running the same GPU and driver version.

I've had panels like that for years, some have even gotten worse. I've never had one recovering from that problem. If you can get your hands on a new quality cable, try that first before sending it back but that would be long shot since the rest of the screen is working fine. If you had a broken analog cable you would see distorted colors or flickering, on a digital cable like in your case, you would not see an image at all because the signal needs to be processed by the panel and then put out on the screen. So if one contact was bad, the issue would replicate all over the screen.

There guides on the internet that suggest bending the panel and other stupid things. So long as you can RMA it I would go that route first.