why everyone on the internet is using AMD for pc building?

why everyone on the internet is using amd for pc building?

Guys these days all the PC building in the YouTube or on the internet mentions AMD processors I rarely see someone using intel... Can anyone tell me the reason...

Intel is no longer the top dog when it comes to CPUs, AMD is beating them in performance in a lot of areas and and have shrunk the manufacturing to single digit nanometer numbers, for which Intel is struggling to do.

Furthermore AMD is pricing their chips less than Intel's at a given performance point.

Edited by LunaP0n3
First sentence didn't make sense.

10 Years of Intel sitting on their butt barely doing anything other than slightly increasing performances by a few % for each generations... They let AMD swoop in and get all the glory when they released Zen. Intel got complacent with AMD, they didn't think they could make a comeback. Well, who is laughing now.

Intel is still stuck on the 14nm process node, which they've been on since 2014.

Intel has had a ton of security issues lately, which when "fixed", resulted in a massive loss of performances.

While Intel still wins in the single thread competition, when it comes to multi threading, they outright lose except maybe for their ultra expensive CPUs that's out of reach of most consumers anyway.

AMD simply makes more sense price to performances. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

15 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

While Intel still wins in the single thread competition, when it comes to multi threading, they outright lose except maybe for their ultra expensive CPUs

they lose hard there too

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

AMD is made of plastic and Intel is made of aluminium and carbon fiber?

AMD goes fast in a straight line and Intel corners like a beast?

Btw AMD is "European" and Intel is "American"... 😛

18 minutes ago, Psykicwarrior said:

AMD is made of plastic and Intel is made of aluminium and carbon fiber?

AMD goes fast in a straight line and Intel corners like a beast?

Btw AMD is "European" and Intel is "American"... 😛

Merged. Please use Edit-function instead of posting multiple times. And for your last line there, if you mean where they are from, you couldn't be more wrong.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Since I have been an Intel shareholder for a lot of years, I only build with Intel CPUs.  I'm not a gamer but do financial and other chain calculations.  I finished a new build two weeks ago with an Intel i7-8700k and it works just fine for everything I need to do with out any complaining.  It runs cool in my Fractal Design R6

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

17 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Merged. Please use Edit-function instead of posting multiple times. And for your last line there, if you mean where they are from, you couldn't be more wrong.

No, I though the majority shareholders were in EU, but I was wrong, sure I heard it from LTT at some point.

Basically Intel is stuck on 14nm and build CPUs the conventional way with all the cores on one die. This provides the fastest single core speeds, and up to 8 cores is the way to go if you ignore price/heat and want raw power. 

AMD has multiple dies on a single CPU, allowing them to scale to 12/16/24/32/64 cores cheaper and easier. They are at 7nm, but they can't get the same clockspeeds as Intel. 

Ultimately ignoring price Intel wins a competition with 8 cores/16 threads or less. AMD wins with anything over 8/16. 

Personally, I'm that weird person at the end of 2019 that built an Intel build. Went with a Xeon 1660v3 QS (i7 5960x basically) on the x99 platform as an upgrade to my Ryzen 1600. Why you ask? The CPU was $112 and the motherboard was $75. For under $200 I have a CPU and motherboard performing better than a 2700x in every way at 4.5ghz and close to a 9900/3700x.