Did this listing seem fake?

Go to solution Solved by Jack Richard,

Update: They have emailed me to let me know that the motherboards were "damaged" and couldn't be shipped until they got another shipment in 12 weeks. Yikes. At least I got my money back!

6 minutes ago, Jack Richard said:

I wonder if I actually have a chance of getting anything

Yeah, your 52 bucks plus tax.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

8 hours ago, Jack Richard said:

I bought two, just because I was curious. I wonder if I actually have a chance of getting anything, or my money back...

Yes please keep us updated!

13 minutes ago, EL02 said:

Yes please keep us updated!

I will! I think they said it'll arrive within 10 days.

31 minutes ago, Jack Richard said:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Asus-Rog-Zenith-Extreme-Motherboard-ROG-ZENITH-EXTREME/696020247

Walmart had this Zenith Extreme for sale for $26...I bought two, just because I was curious. I wonder if I actually have a chance of getting anything, or my money back...

Storefront has a 50% positive rating.

Even sketchy ebay sellers mostly have >90% ratings.

You screwed up, and if you are lucky you might get your money back.

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

Could be it's actually legit and they'll honor it because it was listed for that price.

Had something similar happen last year on Newegg, they had an Apex IX listed for $89, shipped so I took a chance and ordered two just to see if they would do it.
A week later I had them sitting in my room and everything they were supposed to have was there with them, both boards checked as being "Good".

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

Keep in mind that third-party sellers can sell items on the Walmart Marketplace, it's a little like eBay that way. I took a look at the seller (TPM, I assume?), and although they have a 30-day return policy, their reviews don't inspire confidence:

TPMReview.thumb.png.ed25c9aaba8e822f22fab057796c090d.png

TPMComments.thumb.png.26714de26d46f3ba771eab817cf13727.png

Ah. @FakeNSA beat me to it. 😉

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

The seller has 39 five star reviews with the majority being what appear to be fake and some that are just plain weird, and 37 1 stars that all state they never received the item. I'm fairly certain you just lost your money. I don't know if Walmart has buyer protection for third party sellers on their website. Also it shouldn't take 10 days to ship the item, most Walmart sellers ship directly through Walmart so it get's to the buyer quicker(usually 2 to 3 days) and some third parties ship themselves which if in the US should only take about 4 or 5 for free standard shipping. I'd say 7 days max, if the seller says 10 it just doesn't seem right. I'm curious to see if it actually worked as I have had a similar experience where I got an 8700k brand new for $40 plus shipping because the retailer listed it for $36.90 instead of $369 shortly after they came out, I waited the 3 days to see if I got a rock or something but it was actually a new unopened 8700k so it's definitely possible, however that was a major retailer mistake so they honored it, something like this just screams scam.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Yep, a scam. I checked out the site. You are not likely to get your money back or your product. Contact your bank, tell them what happened. They may cover you and help dispute it. Make sure the "seller" does not have access to account numbers or your address. Good luck.

That just bites.
I'd also contact Wal-Mart, if not for anything else but to let them know someone is using their name as part of a scam.

I seriously doubt Wal-Mart themselves would tolerate this for very long.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

43 minutes ago, Eschew said:

Keep in mind that third-party sellers can sell items on the Walmart Marketplace, it's a little like eBay that way. I took a look at the seller (TPM, I assume?), and although they have a 30-day return policy, their reviews don't inspire confidence:

TPMReview.thumb.png.ed25c9aaba8e822f22fab057796c090d.png

TPMComments.thumb.png.26714de26d46f3ba771eab817cf13727.png

Ah. @FakeNSA beat me to it. 😉

Thanks for the response! The seller is called Nspire Store, but Walmart seems to be linking to another seller because they're out of stock now.

On 3/17/2020 at 5:36 PM, Jack Richard said:

Thanks for the response! The seller is called Nspire Store, but Walmart seems to be linking to another seller because they're out of stock now.

NSpireStore.thumb.png.e6a3f4fe1d835b13c8136f9d9bee3cd5.png

This is... not the best news. A lack of customer reviews suggests a fairly new storefront, and there isn't enough evidence to determine whether the seller is reliable or not. Of course, I could have gotten seller with the same name but different info. (Check: Matching Phone Numbers?) There is a high chance the seller won't honor the sale.

On Amazon, it's a different story:

NSpireStoreAmazon.thumb.png.2e1cff16ff7de0a9bb388acf01aba3b8.png

The problem is, I'm not certain whether the Nspire on Walmart is the same Nspire on Amazon. Yes, they have the same logo and description, but anyone could've copied and pasted that.

(3/17/2020: I'm doing a bit of investigating, I'll see what I can turn up.)

(3/22/2020: Nothing's turned up so far. I'll post a reply if something changes, though.)

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

5 minutes ago, Eschew said:

NSpireStore.thumb.png.e6a3f4fe1d835b13c8136f9d9bee3cd5.png

This is... not the best news. A lack of customer reviews suggests a fairly new storefront, and there isn't enough evidence to determine whether the seller is reliable or not. Of course, I could have gotten seller with the same name but different info. (Check: Matching Phone Numbers?) There is a high chance the seller probably won't honor the sale.

Alright, thanks. I thought it was worth a shot, and I'm betting on Walmart to be able to get the money back. Thanks again! 

30 minutes ago, Eschew said:

I'm doing a bit of investigating, I'll see what I can turn up.

Thanks so much, let me know if you find anything...

point of reference

EBay considers sellers with less than 98% feedback to be "bad" sellers. Now part of that is the feedback farming of digital items, so that's your cue if a seller is probably a scammer (positive feedback on cheap items, negative feedback on more expensive items.)

Update: They have emailed me to let me know that the motherboards were "damaged" and couldn't be shipped until they got another shipment in 12 weeks. Yikes. At least I got my money back!

13 hours ago, Jack Richard said:

A likely story :) , that is also a trademark scammer line. Where an item is listed at the wrong price and then not noticed until after it's sold. This would happen with eBay'ers who accidentally put items at $0.01-$1.00 buy-it-now when they intended to put it as an auction (since it's cheaper to list an item with a low starting price.)