F@H COVID-19 Event FAQ

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

What do you mean? Are you referring to the badges on the forum under profile pictures that people receive for folding?

There was an error made by a user who requested the wrong username. The user came forward and the issue has been resolved.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

When and how are the badges going to be given to forum members?

So I started folding today and from my 4 WUs I should have  almost 300k points base on the FAHControl log but here it say only 39000. 

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=1001362

Anyone know why its happening?

Desktop:RM650X, x570 Gaming Plus, Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler Master ML240L CPU cooler, Sapphire Pulse RX5700, 2x8 G.Skill Ripjaws V, NvME Intel 660p 1TB and Seagate 2 TB 7200RPM, Cooler Master MB530P case, ASUS VG278 27'' 1080p Monitor 165Hz 

Folding Stats

1 minute ago, gmouz said:

So I started folding today and from my 4 WUs I should have  almost 300k points base on the FAHControl log but here it say only 39000. 

Hi, if you set up a passkey and once you have hit 10 WUs your Quick Return Bonus will kick in and the estimated value will be more accurate :)

1 minute ago, gmouz said:

Good question. Will ad this to the FAQ!

Especially with the high load on the servers and everything it can take some time for the stats to be updated. Also the client only gives you estimates.

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

1 hour ago, Etrabon said:

When and how are the badges going to be given to forum members?

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

Hi guys, maybe I can get some help but I'm still getting "Following exception occured: Particle coordinate is nan" errors on my GPU (Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 WINDFORCE OC 8G REV 2.0). I went on the Nvidia Control Panel and put it in debug mode (I read that this should put the card back to stock clock speed and disable any factory OC) but I still get these errors.

Any idea on why? (maybe there is some other way of disabling factory OC?) 

Afterburner correctly states that OC is disabled due to debug mode, and when the WU hits I see my card boost to 1847 MHz (seems a little too high, infact)

Lets say we have a rackmount server or two collecting dust, is there a way to donate those to work as workunit servers?  I know Linus et.al were in discussions with the F@H team to fire up a new work unit server or two, but is there a way for the average joe with 12 core servers and 100mbps connections to do the same?

Main Rig:

Case: Lian Li Lancool Mesh RGB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 

Cooler: CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240

MB: MSI B550 Gaming Pro Carbon 

Ram: Gskill DDR4 3600 x 32GB 

GPU: Asus Arez Strix Vega 64 OC

PS: Seasonic FOCUS Gold Plus Series SSR-750FX

SSD1: Crucial P1 1TB NVME

SSD2: Adata SU800 512gb M.2 Sata

HDD: Hitatchi 2tb 7200RPM + 3x 2TB WD Passport USB 3.0

Monitors: AOC C24G1

Keyboard: Cheap Blue Knockoff Mechanical

Mouse: Uhuru Gaming Mouse

Current Vintage Equipment:  Please ask me about it, I love to talk old tech!
IBM Thinkpad 390, IBM Aptiva A12, IBM PS/2 Model 25-004.  Compaq Contura 4/25C, Presario 7596
Asus P5A-B Socket 7 Box, Tandy 1000RLX-HD "B" & 1200-2FD, VIC20, Zenith ZFL-181-93, Packard Bell 300SX.

Apple II/gs, Mac Plus x2, Mac SE x2, Performa 450

21 minutes ago, Chusto. said:

Hi. One of the two requirements is "10 days active". Where can I keep track of that? The amount of time I've been folding.

Doing at least one WU between 00:00 and 23:59 GMT will count as 1 day activity. All you need to do is finish at least one WU a day for that exact requirement.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

Just wanted to ask if we could post a FAQ about missing GPUs on FAH Control on Ubuntu 18.04? It took me forever to figure out it was a missing GPU.txt file. I got stuck on a bad driver install when it was just fine and only not finding the GPU instead because this file was missing.

Here's the FAH forum post that helped me and the GPU.txt file link:

https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=21205

https://apps.foldingathome.org/GPUs.txt

Hi, I'm having a problem where my gpu for one of my older machines is giving me this error where it won't find a proper work server.

01:23:22:WU01:FS01:Assigned to work server 192.0.2.1
01:23:22:WU01:FS01:Requesting new work unit for slot 01: READY gpu:0:Juniper [Radeon HD 5700 Series] from 192.0.2.1
01:23:22:WU01:FS01:Connecting to 192.0.2.1:8080
01:23:43:WARNING:WU01:FS01:WorkServer connection failed on port 8080 trying 80
01:23:43:WU01:FS01:Connecting to 192.0.2.1:80
01:24:04:ERROR:WU01:FS01:Exception: Failed to connect to 192.0.2.1:80: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

I'm pretty sure thats not the right work server it should be attempting to connect to, i've reinstalled, rebooted, made exceptions in firewall. My belief is that it is trying to connect to a work server that doesn't exist due to the fact none of my other clients connect to ip's remotly close to 192.0.2.1

Also if this isn't the right forum to post to could someone tell me where to go, pretty new to this stuff

20 minutes ago, loganman1521 said:

Hi, I'm having a problem where my gpu for one of my older machines is giving me this error where it won't find a proper work server.

--too much space--

Just read this thread:

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Funny moment... When I got GTX 1650 OC'd in any way by NVidia Inspector, all WUs automatically fail for some reason... All I did at first was OC my memory from 8 GHz to 9. And it all had begone in pieces... So just a warning. If your WUs constantly fail, try to reset your OC.

Purify your Windows 10/11, don't give Microsoft anything that you don't want to share.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZwVs9zrM493rjD42E2Pf0YcOkaW92ZUo

Tips for folding on laptop:

Lazy man wants upgrades from the sky.

https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/Spakes

7 hours ago, Spakes said:

Funny moment... When I got GTX 1650 OC'd in any way by NVidia Inspector, all WUs automatically fail for some reason... All I did at first was OC my memory from 8 GHz to 9. And it all had begone in pieces... So just a warning. If your WUs constantly fail, try to reset your OC.

Do you know how big that OC attempt was? That is like what? +500?

I do not even attempt to go over +200 MC on any of my GPUs for folding (mainly due to no PPD gains but due to stability as well)

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

14 hours ago, loganman1521 said:

01:23:22:WU01:FS01:Assigned to work server 192.0.2.1
01:23:22:WU01:FS01:Requesting new work unit for slot 01: READY gpu:0:Juniper [Radeon HD 5700 Series] from 192.0.2.1
01:23:22:WU01:FS01:Connecting to 192.0.2.1:8080
01:23:43:WARNING:WU01:FS01:WorkServer connection failed on port 8080 trying 80
01:23:43:WU01:FS01:Connecting to 192.0.2.1:80
01:24:04:ERROR:WU01:FS01:Exception: Failed to connect to 192.0.2.1:80: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

I'm pretty sure thats not the right work server it should be attempting to connect to, i've reinstalled, rebooted, made exceptions in firewall. My belief is that it is trying to connect to a work server that doesn't exist due to the fact none of my other clients connect to ip's remotly close to 192.0.2.1

Also if this isn't the right forum to post to could someone tell me where to go, pretty new to this stuff

No, I have a 1060 that seems to never get work either. Most I could think of was to update the driver and reboot the box. 

Odd that you work server is a 192 address. Usually a local LAN IP stars with that octet. Do you have custom DNS settings on your network or that machine?

15 hours ago, Favebook said:

Just read this thread:

I wasn't able to find the answer i needed in the thread

1 hour ago, jreed1701 said:

No, I have a 1060 that seems to never get work either. Most I could think of was to update the driver and reboot the box. 

Odd that you work server is a 192 address. Usually a local LAN IP stars with that octet. Do you have custom DNS settings on your network or that machine?

I don't have any custom dns settings, I thought it was odd it was 192 too. thats why I think for some reason, this gpu slot isn't connecting or wanting to connect to the right server but I don't know how to tell the client this slot needs to go server x at xxx etc.

I have been tracking my numbers to see how I am doing for the current event.  I am seeing that my stats page are not changing but on the web control they are.  I am not sure why this is the case.  How do they track to see who qualifies for the event?

stats.PNG

Web Control.PNG

1 hour ago, loganman1521 said:

I wasn't able to find the answer i needed in the thread

1 hour ago, loganman1521 said:

I don't have any custom dns settings, I thought it was odd it was 192 too. thats why I think for some reason, this gpu slot isn't connecting or wanting to connect to the right server but I don't know how to tell the client this slot needs to go server x at xxx etc.

You just didn't read it well enough.

There is nothing you can do, there is shortage of WUs and servers are trying to assign WUs to everyone but there is not enough of Work Units. Please be patient.

If you see that it is not connecting for more than an hour, pause>wait a minute>resume, that way you restart the counter and it will try to get a WU asap.

However, if you haven't got a WU in last 48h, I'd recommend you to try different internet adapter/provider and/or delete your slot, exit F@H, restart PC and enter F@H (CPU and GPU slots will 99.9% be automatically added so you only need to delete slots you do not want to use).

Also, FYI, you cannot choose what server your client is connecting.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats