Best 2070 Super for me?

I thought I knew what card I want, but seeing as this forum has always been trustworthy for me, I thought I’d ask.

I’m looking for a card that performs well thermally, but more importantly, one that isn’t extremely loud. I get very peeved by loud components. Another factor is price, and I’d like to stay near $500 as much as possible.

That said, thus far I’ve leaned towards this GPU: 

I’be looked at EVGA and seen a lot of people complain that EVGA cards have bad coil whine, which sucks because otherwise the cards seem good.

I would have suggest you the same.

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

9 hours ago, Constantin said:

I would have suggest you the same.

Well, looks like I researched well. Thanks!

I don't want you to second guess yourself because your the one that has the final decision but its not the card I would buy. I have been looking myself recently and I have been looking at the EVGA rtx 2070 supers. Gigabyte: Aorus Xtreme according to the site has the middle fan spinning the opposite way of the other two (outside clockwise, inside counterclockwise) which is supposed to create a better airflow keeping the card cooler and quieter but I don't think it works since the one side of the card is right next to the motherboard with nowhere for the air to go.

with whatever card you pick, take a look at the drivers to see if you can control the fan speeds which will allow for a quieter running card but that will usually run a little hotter

2 hours ago, tdkid said:

I don't want you to second guess yourself because your the one that has the final decision but its not the card I would buy. I have been looking myself recently and I have been looking at the EVGA rtx 2070 supers. Gigabyte: Aorus Xtreme according to the site has the middle fan spinning the opposite way of the other two (outside clockwise, inside counterclockwise) which is supposed to create a better airflow keeping the card cooler and quieter but I don't think it works since the one side of the card is right next to the motherboard with nowhere for the air to go.

with whatever card you pick, take a look at the drivers to see if you can control the fan speeds which will allow for a quieter running card but that will usually run a little hotter

My biggest problem I’ve seen with EVGA is the considerable coil whine, which is prevalent with all of their 2070s apparently.

10 minutes ago, platysaur said:

My biggest problem I’ve seen with EVGA is the considerable coil whine, which is prevalent with all of their 2070s apparently.

My Asus Strix 2080 Ti has a bit of coil whine once in a while. I haven’t heard it in a while actually, so I’m guessing it gets better within time. Same happened to my last 2 cards, 970 FTW+ and 1080 FTW2. All high end cards are subjected to the problem, and your PSU can also play a part in this equation. I’ve used the Corsair AX860 Platinum with all these cards. The PSU had coil whine in the beginning as well, but got dead silent after a few months of use.

Edited by HumdrumPenguin

2 minutes ago, platysaur said:

since all the 2070s are Nvidia by design and only the companies line Asus, gigabyte, EVGA and others add their coolers onto them, then I think that problem is going to happen with whatever card you choose so the final decision is always yours. the one you are looking at is linked above, this the one I am looking at. https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=08G-P4-3377-KR