Least used key on keyboard?

dlf

for many people, the punctuation keys are hardly ever used (. , ; etc) :)

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

For many people, the punctuation keys are hardly ever used.(. , ; etc) :)

Shift key and  .  for you :P

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

For most people, probably the `~ key.

That's how you access console commands in some games, so a gamer might use it a bit more.

Or somebody with a weeaboo-ish way of typing tends to use it uguu~

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Anyone happen to know what the ABSOLUTE least used key on an entirely normal keyboard is? By that - a key (or more) that isn't used by pretty much any program - Game or otherwise. Also could macro keys (that aren't used for Macros) be used for other reasons, such as Media keys?

I don't use End, Pg up/down and Inst.

Probably most F keys and the scroll lock.

Or only seldom do I use the Å key

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

That's how you access console commands in some games, so a gamer might use it a bit more.

Or somebody with a weeaboo-ish way of typing tends to use it uguu~

Asians use it all the time~~~

I think it's the 'Ctrl' key on the right side.. 

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

this isn't an opinion thing.

the pause key is the most unused key on the keyboard.  it's been shown many times.  people don't even know it EXISTS.

the second most unused is the scroll key. people KNOW about it, but most people don't know what it's for.

after that is one of the last 4 f keys, i think f11

this isn't an opinion thing.

the pause key is the most unused key on the keyboard.  it's been shown many times.  people don't even know it EXISTS.

the second most unused is the scroll key. people KNOW about it, but most people don't know what it's for.

after that is one of the last 4 f keys, i think f11

what is scroll lock for? never used in my life

in excel, scroll lock toggled on + down arrow on moves the scrollbar down

with scroll lock off, the down arrow will move your selected block down one row(this does NOT scroll unless you're already on the bottom row)

try it yourself, it makes alot more sense lol

I use a lot of special symbols like ~, \, | and / in programming, the right Control key to browse between tabs (Control + PgUp/PgDn) and the Home/End for navigation too.

For me, definitely Scroll Lock and Pause. Not even sure what they do.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

For most people, probably the `~ key.

I use Tilde all the time  :D

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I'm using the tilde key as a "default" so I can stop "shuffling" songs about, if something comes up that I want to hear more of, press it and the rest of the music plays. Again can macro keys (with nothing else set to them) be used for extra media keys? I'd presume so.

Again can macro keys (with nothing else set to them) be used for extra media keys? I'd presume so.

I think that will depend on how functional the program your keyboard uses is.

The bunch of keys right above the arrow keys for me. Can't remember the last time I used page up/down

CPU: Intel Core i7 950 MoBo: ASUS Sabertooth X58  Cooler: Scythe Ninja 3 + Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RAM: 3 x 2 GB Corsair Value Ram, 3 x 4 GB Corsair Value Ram GPU: MSI GTX 780 Lightning; SSD: Corsair Force 3 128GB Storage: 1 x 1 TB HDD (Samsung + 2 WD + Seagate) Case: CM 690 II Advanced Mouse: Steelseries Ikari + Steelseries Qck Mini Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 Controller: Microsoft XBox 360 Wireless Controller Instrument (Rocksmith 2014): Yamaha BB414

pause Key.

Its Obsolete now

I have used that key.

I have never had any reason to touch scroll lock though.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Pause Break key on my keyboard.  I don't even know what it does.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

^it's one of those things that are so old that no one ACTUALLY knows what it does

just make something up for it and you get to look smart.  at worst, someone else makes something else up about it and calls you out on it.

:P

The key between RCtrl and Right windows key, it has a symbol on it that looks like a page with lines of writing on it. Whatever its called, I've only ever pressed it twice to see what it does... Still no idea...
Actually probably the right windows key, its never more convenient than the left one! Its actually never been pressed... well NOW it has.

System Request key. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

The key between RCtrl and Right windows key, it has a symbol on it that looks like a page with lines of writing on it. Whatever its called, I've only ever pressed it twice to see what it does... Still no idea...

Actually probably the right windows key, its never more convenient than the left one! Its actually never been pressed... well NOW it has.

Lol I was reading this thread and looking down at my keyboard wondering what I never press, Then I saw the button your talking about and thought "WTF does that one do?" 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

scroll lock, don't recall the last time i even touched it

Same here.