Too many LTT channels? Why not add one more

Something like LTT complaints channel. A channel about bad products and complaints. Does not have to cover all problems but something that affects most people. Like the horrendous playback of hdr content on samsung phones. Seriously, they advertise their phones as hdr and they don't fix it.

Reaching out to companies about their products is really hard. You send an email/message then they reply with "thank you for reaching out to us. We have sent this to our developers." And then never hear from then again.

Even after a year, the problem is still there. YouTube tech channels have huge following and there will be a huge chance companies will listen to them.

2 minutes ago, Danioki said:

Linus Tech Fix

Yes! The best name for the channel.

18 minutes ago, Danioki said:

Linus Tech Fix

Linus tech drop

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

While I think this is a good idea, it's also a bad idea. Let's say Linus reviews some laptop. This specific laptop is regarded as a mixed bag. Some people think it's good, some think it's the worst. If he said he absolutely hates it and it is the worst thing ever, he would have just told 10 million people not to buy it. It's very hard to define what is considered bad or good, and on a channel like LTT, it comes down to who is liable and what their interests are.

Hm... ?

I... sorta feel like LMG already does this on their LTT channel? Although they bundle up their complaints in product review videos, making note of the good points as well as the bad points they've noticed on their tested products.

As for my opinion on a Pure Complaints Channel, I second @FakeCIA's point and believe it to be a bad idea. It's also bad business practice, methinks, to focus on and only talk about the flaws of a brand's products. Said brand isn't going to take heavily one-sided criticisms kindly, and in the case of Big Name Brands, they make return fire or decide to burn bridges. And then chaos and social media war ensues, probably.

If you're personally unhappy with how a product was marketed or how it functions, I'd suggest spending some time researching a product before purchasing it (reviews from a bunch of different sites are useful), or if you've already purchased the item, to return it and spend the cash elsewhere, on the products and brands that you do prefer. If sending in an email or if writing a critique lands on deaf ears, you can always vote for the brands/products you like with your wallet.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

Linus Loses Sponsors a LMG property.

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Just now, homeofmew said:

All I want is more channel super fun, but bad products might seem fun

Man, I wish someone would have told me how portable a Math degree is.  You can work in so many different fields with one.  After all . . . numbers are the same everywhere.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

-= Locked =-

There is already a suggestion topic.

The LMG Staff review this topic regularly.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER