RX 580 Fan not spinning

Blizzxeu

My nitro+ rx 580 has a a fan that is not working. It just doesn't spin even under full load whilst the other one is on. I used sapphire trixx to see 'fan health' and when it checked fan 2, it said that it was spinning but it wasn't. no cables are in its way. Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Check if the fan is installed correctly and making contacts.

Your card features swappable fan which could become loose or making poor contact.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

Sorry I don't understand what you mean by
'Check if the fan is installed correctly and making contacts'
Does this mean I have to dissasemble the card? If so is there a guideon where to dit somewhere.

The fan on card in question is secured by only one screw so they can be easily removed, but the screw can become loosen over time and cause the fan to stop spinning.

There's an illustration on the linked website demonstrating the removal process.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

If you swap the fans you can figure out whether the fan itself is faulty or if it's the supply to the fan that's the issue.

Also Sapphire has no issue replacing non working fans.