Silent Wings 3: Do I put anti vibration corners or normal corners?

Windows95

Im not sure what to use. If I understood it correctly, the big holes are normal ones, and the smaller holes are the anti vibration ones. Is this relevant in practice? Im also not sure how to mount them correctly. Considering it0s a 3950x, should I go with normal ones? I think anti vibration reduce cooling capacity? I love quietness but I dont watn to compromise the healt of the CPU even if I will not do any OC... so im not sure. CPU fan is Noctua nh 15.

Im asking because it looks like a pain in the ass to remove the plastic corners once you put them, so I want to be sure.

It doesn't matter.

The vibration pads won't change the amount of air the fans move.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

It doesn't matter.

The vibration pads won't change the amount of air the fans move.

Im confused because of this:

noctua140.png

Noctua dues a distinction between 2 performances, one with L.N.A and one without it. I think LNA is something similar to those corner things on the SW3, or im mistaken?

2 minutes ago, Windows95 said:

Im confused because of this:

Noctua dues a distinction between 2 performances, one with L.N.A and one without it. I think LNA is something similar to those corner things on the SW3, or im mistaken?

The LNA is a specific fan cable

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

4 minutes ago, GrockleTD said:

The LNA is a specific fan cable

Oh I get it, but still, there's something weird they mention in the manual:

https://www.bequiet.com/admin/ImageServer.php?ID=80c6da2678@be-quiet.net&rand=d79bd1e599cf9b3a64387394a689791c&lang=1&force=true&download=true&omitPreview=true

sw3-sl.png

They dont explain wha this "S" and "L" difference is. How should I mount it? with L touching the case or S? they dont say what it does performance wise. L is a bit more separated from the case, so I assume this reduces vibration, however, why do they make this tiny difference optional? if they made this separate, it has to have an impact on performance or something, but they dont say anything.

anyone can understand what difference L or S position will make? im going nuts trying to find an answer, no one mentions this

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Depends which way you want your fan mounted. They only go on one way.

are you sure? cant you use the corners into the opposite side thus switching if the case will face L or S first?

11 minutes ago, Windows95 said:

are you sure? cant you use the corners into the opposite side thus switching if the case will face L or S first?

It's been a hot minute since I've installed mine. But I'm pretty sure?

If not, either way should be fine, it's not like you're disabling your PC of any performance. They're just there for vibration dampening 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

7 hours ago, Windows95 said:

Oh I get it, but still, there's something weird they mention in the manual:

https://www.bequiet.com/admin/ImageServer.php?ID=80c6da2678@be-quiet.net&rand=d79bd1e599cf9b3a64387394a689791c&lang=1&force=true&download=true&omitPreview=true

sw3-sl.png

They dont explain wha this "S" and "L" difference is. How should I mount it? with L touching the case or S? they dont say what it does performance wise. L is a bit more separated from the case, so I assume this reduces vibration, however, why do they make this tiny difference optional? if they made this separate, it has to have an impact on performance or something, but they dont say anything.

Erm, they literally explain it under every language. One has slight distance (1mm) between fan and the object it's attached to and the other doesn't. Distance further reduces vibrations transfer through rigid frame and get absorbed on rubbery corners. Less distance on the other hand means better pressure because air is not leaking through the 1mm gap. To slide the corners off use a flat screwdriver which will help you decoupling corners by pushing the plastic pin that locks the corner and prevents it from sliding off. SilentWings 3 also have rubber on the fan funnel (the part which touches the heatsink fins) so even no gap shouldn't transfer too many vibrations.

8 hours ago, Windows95 said:

LNA is the Low Noise Adapter.

On 2/29/2020 at 1:09 AM, RejZoR said:

Erm, they literally explain it under every language. One has slight distance (1mm) between fan and the object it's attached to and the other doesn't. Distance further reduces vibrations transfer through rigid frame and get absorbed on rubbery corners. Less distance on the other hand means better pressure because air is not leaking through the 1mm gap. To slide the corners off use a flat screwdriver which will help you decoupling corners by pushing the plastic pin that locks the corner and prevents it from sliding off. SilentWings 3 also have rubber on the fan funnel (the part which touches the heatsink fins) so even no gap shouldn't transfer too many vibrations.

So depending on if you use "S" or "L" it has a performance impact due the 1mm extra gap... well, then they should list those differences in performance..

I've put "L" sides on my 140 rear exhaust fan by mistake, I wanted S. Now its going to be hell getting the plastics off.

I dont even know which way to pull to remove them. I think im going to leave it on L... id rather not cut my fingers in the process of removing the corners. Just hope it s not a big impact in the rear exhaust fan

I cant seriously remove the corners. I hate this stupid method they came up with. Now im stuck with the L endings.

8 hours ago, Windows95 said:

I cant seriously remove the corners. I hate this stupid method they came up with. Now im stuck with the L endings.

It's really simple. You put it on by sliding it on a rail and then it clicks. Just use a flat screwdriver and slightly press the release "lever" that has a tiny notch on it. Then you just slide it off.

Here is a video where dude slides it on at 1:53. You can see the retention lever on the right side (opposed of the side he slides it on, that will release the corner):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg3l1Dt_4ok

For exhaust, I don't think it will make much of a difference since it probably has the least resistance anyway pushing air through case grill. In fact larger distance might be a preferred method because it'll minimize noise to a minimum if least fan is contacting the case frame.