XFX Radeon VII or MSI RTX 2080 super gamin x trio ?

I want to get a new GPU but im not expert when it comes to them, i heard both video cards are good but witch one is better? I will only use it for gaming and stream games on twitch, thanks for the help.

Just now, AntonioMarius said:

Thanks for the comment, i will use it with a Ryzen 9 3950x , Can't wait, my first propper gaming PC :ddd

if you're only gaming, the 3950x won't make a big difference compared with a 3600, which is a quarter of the price.

Just now, boggy77 said:

if you're only gaming, the 3950x won't make a big difference compared with a 3600, which is a quarter of the price.

I know that but i just want to make a computer that will keep me for 5-10 20000 years you know what i mean, so i dont have to change components every 5-6 years

I know that but i just want to make a computer that will keep me for 5-10 20000 years you know what i mean, so i dont have to change components every 5-6 years

it makes more financial sense to upgrade more often and in that way you also always have up to date components. but that's up to you.

2 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

it makes more financial sense to upgrade more often and in that way you also always have up to date components. but that's up to you.

BTW you think that ryze 5 3600 would be good for gaming ? Like even with demandind game titles? on full settings, with that msi rtx 2080 card? will it work ? As i told you im not an expert

BTW you think that ryze 5 3600 would be good for gaming ? Like even with demandind game titles? on full settings, with that msi rtx 2080 card? will it work ? As i told you im not an expert

on average, the 3600 will give you 1% lower frames than the 3950x when paired with a 2080 super.

I wouldn't pay 3 times more for 1%.

https://www.gpucheck.com/en-usd/compare/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-super-vs-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-super/amd-ryzen-5-3600-vs-amd-ryzen-9-3950x/ultra/ultra/-vs-

1 minute ago, AntonioMarius said:

5 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AMD-Ryzen-3600X-Processor-Cache/dp/B07SQBFN2D/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=ryzen%2B3600&qid=1582652749&sr=8-2&th=1

Take a look at this please

1 minute ago, AntonioMarius said:

the difference between the 3600 and the 3600x is that the 3600x has a better cooler. with your budget, i'd replace the stock cooler anyway, so there's no point in getting the x version.

Just now, boggy77 said:

the difference between the 3600 and the 3600x is that the 3600x has a better cooler. with your budget, i'd replace the stock cooler anyway, so there's no point in getting the x version.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07GKSFC6J/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

I was thinking to get this one for the 3950x but since u are here and you told me that there is no difference betweeen those 2 if i only game and stream, what do you think , will this fit on this one as well ?

R5 3600 is an excellent midrange cpu and right now game performance is mostly dominated by the graphics card. If you saved the $500+ from getting a 3600 instead of the 3950x, you could get a 2080 Ti, which is probably the best consumer gpu, not counting the RTX titan. That would be the best choice.

nonoNonono

Motherboard Tier List

@AntonioMarius if you give us an overall budget and system use/requirements, we can recommend a full build for you.

Well that msi rtxa 2080 super gaming x trio and this CPU that you told me that ryzen 5 3600 and 32 gb ram 3200 mhz if i am not wrong, and from here you can help me if you can, btw, I am in the uk so if you can send me links of amazon that would be great =))

Just now, Freohr said:

R5 3600 is an excellent midrange cpu and right now game performance is mostly dominated by the graphics card. If you saved the $500+ from getting a 3600 instead of the 3950x, you could get a 2080 Ti, which is probably the best consumer gpu, not counting the RTX titan. That would be the best choice.

Thanks for the help mate, so happy that i joinded this site , love to everyone haha

3 minutes ago, AntonioMarius said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07GKSFC6J/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

I was thinking to get this one for the 3950x but since u are here and you told me that there is no difference betweeen those 2 if i only game and stream, what do you think , will this fit on this one as well ?

That's a good cooler if you want to go liquid cooling. You could also go for air cooling with a noctua d15.

If you want to stream as well, get the 3700x instead of the 3600, the 2 extra cores will help.

That's a good cooler if you want to go liquid cooling. You could also go for air cooling with a noctua d15.

If you want to stream as well, get the 3700x instead of the 3600, the 2 extra cores will help.

Will it be good with the motherboard that the cpu comes with ? https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-ROG-X570-F-Motherboard-Lighting/dp/B07TLM9YHL/ref=bdl_pop_ttl_B07TLM9YHL

Or are there cheaper ones that are the same? Thanks for the help

Im not streaming everyday, casual, just for fun, and im doing it in 720 p usually :))

6 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

so i think the 3600 one is still ok saving a little bit of money for a better gpu =))

7 minutes ago, AntonioMarius said:

Will it be good with the motherboard that the cpu comes with ? https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-ROG-X570-F-Motherboard-Lighting/dp/B07TLM9YHL/ref=bdl_pop_ttl_B07TLM9YHL

Or are there cheaper ones that are the same? Thanks for the help

This Mobo tier list is good for checking how good they are:

That mobo is in tier A an is perfectly fine for your usecase, maybe even a bit overkill :)

nonoNonono

Motherboard Tier List