My first build and first try on build logs!

VanillaBear

Hey people!

This was a build for a friend and one of my first builds. It is a budget build so it is nothing special, but it is what it is.

The specs are low but my friend plays mostly League and a bit of World of Warcraft and its well enough for that.

There is not much more to add, hope you like what you see :)

So here is the parts list:

PSU - OCZ 600W ModXStream-Pro.

Motherboard - AsRock B85M.

GPU - MSI Geforce GTX 650.

CPU - Intel I5 4570.

RAM - Adata 8GB XPG.

Case - Corsair 200r.

HDD - WD Blue 1 TB.

Optical drive - Asus DRW-24F1ST

CPU Cooler - Corsair H60.

OS - Windows 7.

Picture of the parts before the build commends!

post-34738-0-57298400-1392431146_thumb.j

In progress, everything except GPU and PSU installed.

post-34738-0-94784100-1392431129_thumb.j

Finished results, cable management is bad since the cables were extremely short... Had to put the CPU 8-pin on the front and the 24-pin was very stretched.

post-34738-0-90907400-1392431172_thumb.j

Here is the back, looks much better then the front (yay cable ties).

post-34738-0-39534900-1392431184_thumb.j

Sorry for the last two pictures, the flash and camera on my phone is not very good and I don`t have a proper camera.

Hope you see something good in it. It was sure fun for me and I cant wait to buy parts and build my own PC, and then post a better Build Log here! :)

why that cooler when you can't overclock?

Pretty good first time build otherwise. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

You should get cable extenders then route them around the back to make it look prettier :)

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

I just don`t like air coolers, I understand your point but I don`t think I would be able to overclock that much with a H60 :/

You should get cable extenders then route them around the back to make it look prettier :)

I was thinking that afterwards, but there was no more money to spend :o

its quieter then stock heatsink getting an aftermarket cooler isnt just for overclocking also h80 is as low as i would go to overclock.

Op nice build does ocz still give u warranty for that psu? u should custom sleeve it.

Pretty cool looking, and good work for a first time, this is just amazing

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

its quieter then stock heatsink getting an aftermarket cooler isnt just for overclocking also h80 is as low as i would go to overclock.

Op nice build does ocz still give u warranty for that psu? u should custom sleeve it.

I don`t know actually, it was a scavaged part from an old PC of mine. Anyway my friend could`t care less how the PC looks inside so I did not put any energy at all into that, and there would have been the problem with money :/

I just don`t like air coolers, I understand your point but I don`t think I would be able to overclock that much with a H60 :/

Odd, I'd expect anyone to prefer air if they weren't going to overclock. You have the risk of leaks, but it's totally up to you. I understand wanting a quiet rig.

The build does look tidy thus far. It beats my first attempts.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I don`t know actually, it was a scavaged part from an old PC of mine. Anyway my friend could`t care less how the PC looks inside so I did not put any energy at all into that, and there would have been the problem with money :/

oh i didn't realize it wasn't yours fair enough i know about the money i ment like later on when have some spare cash but since its not yours and he doesnt see the inside not much point nice build anyway :)

Run the 8 pin cpu cable under the mother board (where the standoffs are) It's safe to do this and looks cleaner when you have short cables ;)

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Run the 8 pin cpu cable under the mother board (where the standoffs are) It's safe to do this and looks cleaner when you have short cables ;)

I wish I would have thought of that!

I wish I would have thought of that!

Well a screw driver works the opposite way to remove things :P 

Just a tip I learned from a youtuber who has been building computers for 25 years. He talked about how back in the 80's and 90's there wasn't the side panel for cable management. So they would run wires under the motherboard to make things look cleaner. Had he not said that I wouldn't have thought of it either.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

To be honest, the 650 sucks. The 650ti (What I have) is much better. I paid $160 for mine brand new last year. (EVGA 650ti Boost SC 2GB. Basically one of the best 650ti cards you can get.) 

You should upgrade to a 670 or a 770.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

To be honest, the 650 sucks. The 650ti (What I have) is much better. I paid $160 for mine brand new last year. (EVGA 650ti Boost SC 2GB. Basically one of the best 650ti cards you can get.) 

The 650ti sucks compared to a 780ti... It doesn't matter if there's a better part out there. If that's the best he can afford then that's what matters. There will always be something better than everything, even the newest high end parts, something better will come along. You wont ever be able to buy the best, maintain it being the best. So why bash someone with their choice? 

I know what you are saying and if it was my PC I would have never thought of buying such a card, but as I wrote he plays mostly LoL and WoW and he says it performs very well in those games so I think I made a good choice for him :)

I know what you are saying and if it was my PC I would have never thought of buying such a card, but as I wrote he plays mostly LoL and WoW and he says it performs very well in those games so I think I made a good choice for him :)

Oh. I didn't see that..

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Nice Build,

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

• 2 weeks later...

Odd, I'd expect anyone to prefer air if they weren't going to overclock. You have the risk of leaks, but it's totally up to you. I understand wanting a quiet rig.

The build does look tidy thus far. It beats my first attempts.

With an AiO the chances of it leaking is slim to non, the only accounts of it leaking that I have heard of Corsair covered the damaged hardware. Also, just because the cooler is liquid doesnt mean they should overclock. I run an h100i and I barely OC, It looks tidier, run quieter, and is a lot of the time more efficient than most air coolers out there. When it comes to AiO coolers, the push for OC'ing is about as much as any standard air cooler out there.

That cooler because it will do a good job keeping the CPU cool. :P Just because it is liquid cooled doesn't mean he should be OC'ing especially when it is an AiO.

If the h60 fan is a intake fan (use a good dust filter). Many of us, me included, used similar cooling and it's hard to see the dust buildup that will happen between the fan and radiator... Nice first build and more then enough for the games you mentioned. The cooler is a good choice it's tucked away and leaves plenty of space incase you want to change or upgrade something later.

Hive Fire - Build of the Month March 2014.

Simple 760t Mod - erly ideas for Corsair 760t Mod

nice build man. though the case inside looks empty. :)

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB