Is using only single 120 gb ssd for running pc is fine?

Denme

I was about to building a pc but i really tight on budget 

And i was wondering if i can only use 120 gb ssd will be fine. Because i only use it for digital drawing and doing home work

I use a 128gb macbook air and I still have 40gb space left ;) You can always upgrade with a hdd when you need some bulk storage.

4 minutes ago, Denme said:

I was about to building a pc but i really tight on budget 

And i was wondering if i can only use 120 gb ssd will be fine. Because i only use it for digital drawing and doing home work

It will work.  The problem is there won’t be a lot of storage space.  If at some point down the road you can find $40 to add some HD storage you might find it useful.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

But will it going to be effecting my pc performance? 

10 minutes ago, Denme said:

But will it going to be effecting my pc performance? 

Eventually, it could if it gets full enough. But as stated, you can add storage down the road. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I was worried it is going to be the same error as the last year

Last year i build a pc with only single 120 gb ssd after 2 week the operating system having a problem like keep stuck on system recovery and i reinstalled the os (not update it)  and 2 days after reinstalled the os it has the same problem, the screen casualy freeze but the mouse keep move

And after many trials and error i have

Given up and keep the pc on my basement

2 minutes ago, Denme said:

Last year i build a pc with only single 120 gb ssd after 2 week the operating system having a problem like keep stuck on system recovery and i reinstalled the os (not update it)  and 2 days after reinstalled the os it has the same problem, the screen casualy freeze but the mouse keep move

I don't think that was a problem with your ssd. I've put loads of 120gb ssd's in old laptops and never had a problem with it. Shouldn't be a problem with desktops either.

5 minutes ago, Denme said:

It may not be related to the capacity of the SSD, but to something else. I've used 120GB SSDs for builds, and don't really have issues like that.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

One thing that needs to be watched with. SSDs is as they reach the absolute upper limit of full they can have weird problems. This is true of most drives to one degree or another tough.

if the problem with this previous 120gb machine was you filled up the drive in two week, which isn’t particularly hard to do, I could see a problem like that happening.  Running a machine with low storage can be done.  The whole “squirrel everything away” option isn’t there though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I have a 60 gb ssd in the media pc and it's been running fine for more than a year.  We only use it to watch anime and youtube.  No other storage attached to it and there's still about 30gb of free space on it. 

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

2 minutes ago, Dr0y said:

I have a 60 gb ssd in the media pc and it's been running fine for more than a year.  We only use it to watch anime and youtube.  No other storage attached to it and there's still about 30gb of free space on it. 

what cpu did you use? 

1 minute ago, Denme said:

what cpu did you use? 

It’s not about CPU.  The CPU type should have no effect on storage needs.   Older CPUs did often come on machines with less storage but the two are not related.

3 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

It’s not about CPU.  The CPU type should have no effect on storage needs.   Older CPUs did often come on machines with less storage but the two are not related.

exactly, old computers used small storage motly because storage was expensive back in the days ...

As for the pc running on the 60gb ssd it's amd phenom2 x4 B95 ... we use it every day

I had a 128gb ssd on my I7 4770 for about a year before buying a 1tb for boot drive.

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD