Project Duplex, I7/Rog build

ace_finland

Hey guys,

First post on this forum but have been watching Linus's videos for a long time both at ncix and his own channel. Thought it was time to introduce myself and what i've done. I'm Alex and from FInland. Have only been modding computers for a few years but been building/making things for quite a while.

A few pictures what i have done during the past 2 years.

Cooler Master test bench which i made a bit bigger including 2 separate loops

Front3-1.jpg

Ledson1.jpg

An intel Nuc which i use for tv streaming. Machined from two pieces of 20mm aluminum sheets with an acrylic layer in between

Intel-16_zps160bd91d.jpg

Intel-6_zps314454d4.jpg

Intel-4_zps763d7e72.jpg

And now on to my latest project.

This is called Project Duplex and is currently entered in the Cooler master mod competition. This is what i submitted but there is still some things i want to change and some things i want to add to it. I will add a bit more worklog pictures a bit later and of course continue with the updates as i get more done. I wanted something a bit different and from the start one thing i knew i wanted to do is having the gpu and the motherboard on different sides of the computer.

Mbside_zps7c461bfb.jpg

DSC_3650_zps362854cd.jpg

Mbsideled_zps25305831.jpg

Hope you like it and more updates coming soon!

Alex

Oh god, you need to win. It's amazing.

And dat NUC, I would buy one.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

That is amazing. I am excite.

linus.gif?dl=1&token_hash=AAG2fthY7BYPNm

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

I like all of those but that NUC in particular, holy crap.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Thx for all the comments guys!

No contact from intel :) i did send them an email with a few pictures but it probably ended up in their spam folder :D

The idea for the NUC came from a competition which was on another forum. I sent in the drawings/sketches for it but they only picked the 5 ppls ideas and sent them parts. Sadly i didn't get picked so no parts for me but in the end i decided to still go for it and bought my own parts and ran the same deadlines as in the competition. So i ran beside the competition but wasn't in it. Still very happy that i did it and it works great for streaming series and movies :)

No contact from intel :) i did send them an email with a few pictures but it probably ended up in their spam folder :D

The idea for the NUC came from a competition which was on another forum. I sent in the drawings/sketches for it but they only picked the 5 ppls ideas and sent them parts. Sadly i didn't get picked so no parts for me but in the end i decided to still go for it and bought my own parts and ran the same deadlines as in the competition. So i ran beside the competition but wasn't in it. Still very happy that i did it and it works great for streaming series and movies :)

How much did the nuc cost you to make? I'd love to see a build log and have you explain the processes you went through. Would you consider building another?

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

wow that looks great

Corsair 350d, Asus Gryphon Z87, Intel i5 4670k 4.5 GHz, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengence 16gb 1600 MHz,

AMD Radeon 260x, Corsair CX600, OCZ Vetex 450 128gb, Seagate 2 TB 

i r want

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

Oi ace, fancy seeing you here! :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

This thing is insane man! I love it!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

DAT last pic. WOW. :o

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

How much did the nuc cost you to make? I'd love to see a build log and have you explain the processes you went through. Would you consider building another?

For the case itself not much, just some aluminum and acrylic but quite a lot of hrs spent milling and making sure everything fit perfectly :) There has been a few reqeusts for me making a few but the problem is that not everyone want the same model so all outputs would be different and require a different cut out. The only real way to figure out the correct meassurements is buying one and meassuring it. But i'm still thinking about it :) Maybe i can figure something out

Oi ace, fancy seeing you here! :D

Hi buddy! You beat me to every forum i register to :D

Haha, sorry about that. :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

For the case itself not much, just some aluminum and acrylic but quite a lot of hrs spent milling and making sure everything fit perfectly :) There has been a few reqeusts for me making a few but the problem is that not everyone want the same model so all outputs would be different and require a different cut out. The only real way to figure out the correct meassurements is buying one and meassuring it. But i'm still thinking about it :) Maybe i can figure something out

Can we talk more in PM? It's really great looking. You could make a business offering Boutique NUC's ;) 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Currently in love with how that NUC turned out.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

Amazing work. I love all 3!! Do you have any build logs for the stuff?

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Amazing work. I love all 3!! Do you have any build logs for the stuff?

I think he's going to post the build logs of both on the forum later.

Haha, sorry about that. :D

Haven't you heard? He's the forum ninja! And evil overlord available :P 

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/