Headphones Recommendations under $65

SheevaBlaster

So recently I've noticed my Sades SA926T have a horrible mic bleed whenever I use them on PC. Kinda bummed out because I don't experience any of the following issues when I use them on console. The microphone is simply just picking up on every little sound as it's picking up noises across my house. They also are picking up on gameplay audio all the time now that I am on PC, and the microphone is constantly picking up on peoples voices and my friends can claim they can hear people talking to me while I'm playing a different game. I'm kind of annoyed having to constantly play around with volumes and I just want headphones that I don't have to worry about my friends hearing my gameplay through (or having to use push to talk in my applications like Discord/Xbox Game Bar etc). Not looking for anything too fancy. Something that will definitely be reliable and comes from a reputable source ideally. I play a lot of FPS's so sound quality is pretty crucial, but not everything to me (keep in mind, I'm coming from these POS Sades headphones and I found the sound quality to be more than sufficient). My main concern is I just want to get rid of this mic bleed and not have to use push to talk so I'm not disturbing my friends!

TL;DR I know.... but last thing I'll mention is I've been looking at the Steel Series lineup, particuraly the Arctis 1's and 3's. Does anyone know if these are good choices to resolve my issue? Seems like it possibly could, but it seems many people complain about the mic quality along with the acoustics of these headphones. Plus I've read that they vary in terms of performance when using them on Console and PC. 

Thanks for any insight in advance!

The AKG K52/K72/K92 are easy on the ears and very comfy. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a budget headset without comfort issues and murderous treble spikes. 

4 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

The AKG K52/K72/K92 are easy on the ears and very comfy. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a budget headset without comfort issues and murderous treble spikes. 

I'm sorry, I should've specified I'm looking for a gaming headset, that being something with a microphone. That's my fault and I knew someone was gonna get tripped up on that only after I posted this thread. I appreciate your help though, those do look like some pretty solid headphones no doubt.

Just now, SheevaBlaster said:

I'm sorry, I should've specified I'm looking for a gaming headset, that being something with a microphone. That's my fault and I knew someone was gonna get tripped up on that only after I posted this thread. I appreciate your help though, those do look like some pretty solid headphones no doubt.

Ah sorry! I used them everyday for 1 year without an issue. At the time I just used the mic on my cheap Logitech webcam and it worked fine. 

For $20 you can get an excellent mic: the Sony ECMCS3. But it’s evidently less convenient than a gaming headset. 

12 minutes ago, rice guru said:

If you love in the US I would hop on the PC 37x for a $100 on mass drop if you don't mind open back https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-x-sennheiser-pc37x-gaming-headset

I'm indeed in the US.

Wow, I never looked into this one, but this looks like an awesome headset. I would love a sennheiser x massdrop headset as they've been on my radar for months now, but slightly out of my price range considering I already spent a lot more on my PC build than I had originally planned. That being said, I'm also thinking about waiting a few more weeks to expand my price range a little and get a higher quality headset such as these. Great recommendation thank you! 

Two questions... could you explain to me what open back means exactly and would I have to be concerned with mic bleed with such a design? Along with this, do you know anything about the quality of the microphone? I'm looking for a headset that's going to eliminate unnecessary sounds and will only pick up on my voice ideally.

6 minutes ago, SheevaBlaster said:

Two questions... could you explain to me what open back means exactly and would I have to be concerned with mic bleed with such a design? Along with this, do you know anything about the quality of the microphone? I'm looking for a headset that's going to eliminate unnecessary sounds and will only pick up on my voice ideally.

Open back headphones sound noticeably different from your regular headphones. Open backs have much less bass and noise isolation, but are better at spatial detail (which is a huge plus for FPS games). Mic bleed is never an issue with open backs. 

59 minutes ago, SheevaBlaster said:

I'm indeed in the US.

Wow, I never looked into this one, but this looks like an awesome headset. I would love a sennheiser x massdrop headset as they've been on my radar for months now, but slightly out of my price range considering I already spent a lot more on my PC build than I had originally planned. That being said, I'm also thinking about waiting a few more weeks to expand my price range a little and get a higher quality headset such as these. Great recommendation thank you! 

in regards to the mic here is hardware canuks comvering it