Mini-ITX tower with good cooling/noise

BouncyChillups

Hi guys,

I've kinda outgrown the big, rgb-filled towers, that I used to like and am looking to transfer my pc's internals into a more subdued, smaller case for my desktop.

I had a similar question a while back, but have researched a bit more since then.

Noise has become more important to me for a while now, so I'd like a Mini-ITX case with decent cooling options.

• Mini-ITX
  • dual slot gpu has to fit in it
  • cooler support for either a 240mm aio or something like a beQuiet dark rock pro 4, nh-u12a etc
  • at least room for two more fans, ideally more than that to manage airflow
  • tempered glass would be nice.

I would love something like the CORSAIR ONE PRO i180, but I figured that would be pretty difficult in terms of building.

I also liked cases like the lian li tu150, nzxt h210i. I think the latter is the maximum of size I would like to go with.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

I think the NZXT H210 and the Fractal Nano S are the best value for ITX. They are basically mini towers unlike a lot of expensive small litre ITX cases. You can fit a 2 slot gpu in both of them, but the NZXT has the PSU shroud so thermals would be better for the gpu unless its a blower card but then it would be louder. I'm certain that you can fit in the NH-D15 in both of them, but I would go for a single tower like the U14S because I would not overclock and 1 fan is better for noise and the U14S is surprisingly very close to the NHD15 in thermals even with 1 fan. Downside is that it would not fit in the Nano S but fits in the H210.

You can also put in a Noctua fan setup for PWM that has the ULN adapter on for low db. Not sure what graphics card you have, or plan on buying but I would not put a 250W TDP card in an ITX system like for example a 1080 ti or 980 ti. Most I'd do is 2070 Super that has 215W TDP. And if you want the most quiet PSU then I would go with the Corsair RM550X as it has a no fan mode and also only 11-12 DB according to Cybernetics test parcour. If you end up getting an SFF Case, then you should know that the SF600 PSU is around 20DB, so I would get an ITX case that allows a full size ATX/PS2 PSU.

If I was a gamer, I'd get the NZXT, but for an ITX system for work related programs I would go for the Fractal Design Nano S and throw in a 100W TDP graphics card like a GTX 1650 Super. I would get the Ryzen 7 3700X as its 65W and doesn't need to be overclocked. 

Sennheiser HD600 Logitech G304 White Anne Pro 2 LG27UL500

Ryzen 5 3600 + MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC in Fractal Design Nano S

On 2/8/2020 at 9:03 AM, PleasantChaos said:

I also liked cases like the lian li tu150

I'd personally go with this case. With a dual slot card, you can even install extra bottom fans to help keep the GPU cool. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25