Two different brand streaming boxes on one TV?

Intergalacticbits

Is it easy to use two different streaming boxes on the same TV?

I had been told it is better to use streaming boxes instead of the Apps on the smart TV itself but was also told all services are not available on all boxes.

Like for instance could a person get everything that is on a roku on an apple tv box?

Also on the flip side someone told me I would not be able to get apple stuff on a roku, is that correct?

Is it possible without too much hassle to use a roku box and apple TV box on the same router / smart TV?

Is that asking for major headaches?

Cause I hate tech headaches ?

I was just curious. ?

You can plug an apple TV and a Roku box into a TV (if it has enough ports). You would have 2 remotes, unless there are universal remotes, but I don't use them at all, so IDK if you could. Each box will have something special about it. Apple has special things and services that make it appealing to some customer.

My TV has Roku built in but I use my own Android box I connected to my Server/Nas. Some universal remotes can connect to both and work properly but some have issues with multiple "smart" boxes. 

The android box is connected via HDMI and the Roku is built in.

35 minutes ago, Intergalacticbits said:

Is it possible without too much hassle to use a roku box and apple TV box on the same router / smart TV?

I was just curious. ?

You can easily use two on the same network it shouldn't cause any issues

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

18 hours ago, Intergalacticbits said:

Is it easy to use two different streaming boxes on the same TV?

I had been told it is better to use streaming boxes instead of the Apps on the smart TV itself but was also told all services are not available on all boxes.

Like for instance could a person get everything that is on a roku on an apple tv box?

Also on the flip side someone told me I would not be able to get apple stuff on a roku, is that correct?

Is that asking for major headaches?

Cause I hate tech headaches ?

I was just curious. ?

Shouldn’t have issues. That being said, look at what services you want and find the corresponding streaming device. Most of the bigger stream services are on most of them. That being said Roku offers the Roku channel which is a collection of older content that can be streamed for free. That’s only found on Roku devices. Google Play Movies/ TV are not found on every streaming device. Up till recently YouTube was not available on Amazon devices. I mean you could download Firefox and have access but no official app existed. 

So figure out which services you want. Find a device that suits you. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.