RAM 3200 vs 3600

Hi 

I want to ask please is there a better performance in games by selecting RAM bus 3600 instead of 3200 ?

Depends on the game, the performance target, and the CPU.

Most of the time, yes, but usually the gain can be quite small.

Also don't sacrifice latency for speed. If you're comparing a 3200 CL14 kit to a 3600 CL 18 lot, the 3200 kit may well come out ahead.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

It’s just higher clock speeds it won’t make much of a difference, if they are the same price get the 3600

Quote me or mention me at @Shrekpad so I get notified 
pc specs:
CPU: 
Intel i7 8700K MOBO: ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming RAM: 16GB (2x8) DDR4 G Skill TridentZ 3000 MHz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING OC CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv STORAGE: Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 NVME SSD,
T-Force Delta RGB 250GB SSD, 4TB Seagate Barracuda HDD PSU: 750 Watt EVGA SuperNova G3 MONITERDell S2716DGR 1440p 144hz G-Sync, BenQ PD2700U 4K 60hz CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum OS: Windows 10

2 minutes ago, Coolday said:

CPU  is 3800x and gpu is Rx 5700

If you enjoy playing at higher frame rates 120+ then i would recommend 3600-3800 memory with nothing higher then 16 cas latency for Zen 2. 

Ram is really the ONLY area where you can tweak your setup with a Ryzen 3000 CPU as there is 0 overclocking headroom and PBO and Auto OC basically do nothing useful and can even hurt ST performance. 

I currently have a very high binned samsung bdie kit but it can be expensive, mainly bought it for fun to OC and tweak things((Currently at 3800mhz at 14 cas timings). 

What matter what you get remember this simple trick

Memory divided by TCL and the higher the number the better, example down below. 

3600mhz 18 cas timings = 200

3200mhz 14 cas timings = 228

In the example above the 3200mhz kit would be better and most likely either allow for an OC or even tighter timings. 

Regardless on what you pick remember to tweak further then XMP by using Dram Ryzen calculator. 

3 minutes ago, CPUguy101 said:

Regardless on what you pick remember to tweak further then XMP by using Dram Ryzen calculator. 

If I dont OC and I use XMP as it is then it does not matter ?

5 minutes ago, Coolday said:

If I dont OC and I use XMP as it is then it does not matter ?

Yes it lowers your overall performance XMP is rarely ever set at tight timings and typically very loose. It will still work fine but if you want to tweak things that's the first place to start on ryzen. 

9 minutes ago, CPUguy101 said:

If you enjoy playing at higher frame rates 120+ then i would recommend 3600-3800 memory with nothing higher then 16 cas latency for Zen 2. 

Ram is really the ONLY area where you can tweak your setup with a Ryzen 3000 CPU as there is 0 overclocking headroom and PBO and Auto OC basically do nothing useful and can even hurt ST performance. 

I currently have a very high binned samsung bdie kit but it can be expensive, mainly bought it for fun to OC and tweak things((Currently at 3800mhz at 14 cas timings). 

What matter what you get remember this simple trick

Memory divided by TCL and the higher the number the better, example down below. 

3600mhz 18 cas timings = 200

3200mhz 14 cas timings = 228

In the example above the 3200mhz kit would be better and most likely either allow for an OC or even tighter timings. 

I was going to mention this.  Ryzen loves both high speed and low latency so the goal is to get the faster ram with the lowest latency.  

2 minutes ago, CPUguy101 said:

Yes it lowers your overall performance XMP is rarely ever set at tight timings and typically very loose. It will still work fine but if you want to tweak things that's the first place to start on ryzen. 

I tried to use ryzen calculator to set better timing for viber v ram 3200 bus, and I always get bsod and I had to clear bios many times so I gave up.

2 minutes ago, Coolday said:

I tried to use ryzen calculator to set better timing for viber v ram 3200 bus, and I always get bsod and I had to clear bios many times so I gave up.

If you ever need help with this you can always PM me directly, you have to change every setting most importantly the CAD and PROCODT settings and voltage remember you are fine to set higher voltage most DDR4 kits can run at 1.45V without even having good airflow in the case. I currently use 1.5V but i have really nice airflow and during a 9 hour memtest run it hit 50C on the max temp with everything passing. 

Just now, CPUguy101 said:

If you ever need help with this you can always PM me directly, you have to change every setting most importantly the CAD and PROCODT settings and voltage remember you are fine to set higher voltage most DDR4 kits can run at 1.45V without even having good airflow in the case. I currently use 1.5V but i have really nice airflow and during a 9 hour memtest run it hit 50C on the max temp with everything passing. 

Thanks I will get new motherboard soon so after I get it I will pm you to help me do it...thanks alot