The ideal path to become a full stack web developer

What would be the ideal path to become a full stack web developer?? I'm a student who's currently learning python and MySQL in school.. I'm decent at both of them.. But I don't know how to proceed on the path to become a full stack web developer

This question is too open, with no context to answer.

Can you program anything already? Are you already a programmer? Full-stack in what form?

The general steps would probably be:

Learn the languages required and become a good programmer > ??? > Now you're a fullstack dev.

But what the '???' entails will depend. And how you learn the languages too.

School? Bootcamp? Self taught? Certifications?

Also, do you jump from job to job to teach yourself, or do you fully learn stuff and then get a job? That will depend heavily.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1.) Get an internship.

2.) Make close friends with a full-stack developer and hang on every word they speak...it helps if you buy/make them coffee often.

3.) Read every related book you can get your hands on.

4.) Join every blog where full-stack developers hang out and participate.

5.) Don't be afraid to ask questions...especially when they sound insanely stupid inside your head...this sets the best from the rest.  Sometimes we must embrace looking like a fool in front of our peers to get where we want to go...it's kind of a test really.

It may not be possible for you to perform all 5 suggestions I mention, but the more you can accomplish...the greater chance you have of succeeding.  All of this will lead to your first job...hopefully doing what you want.

2 hours ago, GhostRox412 said:

What would be the ideal path to become a full stack web developer?? I'm a student who's currently learning python and MySQL in school.. I'm decent at both of them.. But I don't know how to proceed on the path to become a full stack web developer

Do you know what a full stack web developer is? Have you ever developer a web app of any kind? Maybe start with that...?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Useful list of full-stack developer traits...guess I'm a Peoplesoft full-stack developer...it is web based but I never write java/html directly....I'm weaker in some areas and stronger in others.

• Server, network, and hosting environment
  • Relational and nonrelational databases
  • How to interact with APIs and the external world
  • User interface and user experience
  • Quality assurance
  • Security concerns throughout the program
  • Understanding customer and business needs

Start by making a website. Part of programming is figuring it out yourself. 

Before you start, research web development practices and ways of doing things. Get a basic understanding of how other devs act/go about solving common/complex problems so you can use the same approaches when you start. Go on programming websites, look at different languages and how they work. Codeacademy, w3schools for instance.  

Come up with an idea that you'll find useful, then plan out how you'll do it. Then start it. In my opinion, the best way to learn programming is by doing it. Just get stuck right in.

Theres no "one way" or "ideal path". Its all about what suits you.

I would say pick front end or back-end and stick with it. It is better to be great at one than OK at both.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´