Calculator that can store formulas

Safeer Hafi

I know this question may sound stupid in this forum but I didn’t know where else to ask. Is there any calculator on the market which can store formulas and equations in it. Like if I input an equation and it will save in the calculator even when I turn it of. I know you can do it with those graphical calculator but there to expensive. I want to spend under £30.

Many Thanks 

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X | CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar (Black) RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000MHz DDR4 | GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 ARMOR 8GB | Storage: Samsung 860 QVO 1TB and Samsung 970 EVO 250GB | PSU: Corsair CX650M 650W Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L | Monitor: ASUS VZ279HE | Mouse: Logitech M171 Wireless | Keyboard: Cherry DC 2000 | Speakers: Logitech Z333

I don't know exactly what situation you're wanting to use the calculator in, but if you don't want to spend anything and you don't mind putting a little bit of elbow grease, you can try to use R, a statistical analysis software that pairs great with the RStudio frontend. You're really not going to find handhelds at your price-point.

"Not breaking it or making it worse is key."

"Bad choices make good stories."

12 minutes ago, kimsejin5 said:

I don't know exactly what situation you're wanting to use the calculator in, but if you don't want to spend anything and you don't mind putting a little bit of elbow grease, you can try to use R, a statistical analysis software that pairs great with the RStudio frontend. You're really not going to find handhelds at your price-point.

School use.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X | CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar (Black) RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000MHz DDR4 | GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 ARMOR 8GB | Storage: Samsung 860 QVO 1TB and Samsung 970 EVO 250GB | PSU: Corsair CX650M 650W Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L | Monitor: ASUS VZ279HE | Mouse: Logitech M171 Wireless | Keyboard: Cherry DC 2000 | Speakers: Logitech Z333

Again, that could be taken many different ways. Are you in AP Calculus AB, and you need a graphing calculator that can handle just equations? Are you in advanced differential equations, and you need something that has computer algebra? Are you taking statistics, and you need to be able to store models?

If you need your calculator to comply with requirements, say, for the AP, IB, SAT, or ACT exams, then you need to mention that. If you are in secondary education, you need to mention that. Please help us help you.

"Not breaking it or making it worse is key."

"Bad choices make good stories."

A TI-89 graphing calculator is well worth the price; mine's lasted me well over 10 years now and the TI basic programming language (while janky) is usable enough to be able to write a multigrid PDE solver. 

If I have to explain every detail, I won't talk to you.  If you answer a question with what can be found through 10 seconds of googling, you've contributed nothing, as I assure you I've already considered it.

What a world we would be living in if I had to post several paragraphs every time I ask a question.

Ti-Connect CE with any TI graphing calculator.

Write your formulas in the program writing tab of the software, and open them using PGRM -> EDIT on the calculator.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

2 minutes ago, SenKa said:

Write your formulas in the program

You can also just write your formula as its own function and have it accept input variables so you don't even need to edit; just call 'myfunction(**,**,**)' from the main window so long as you remember the input variables. Some versions of TI Basic don't accept input variables, but you can just use global variables in that case. 

If I have to explain every detail, I won't talk to you.  If you answer a question with what can be found through 10 seconds of googling, you've contributed nothing, as I assure you I've already considered it.

What a world we would be living in if I had to post several paragraphs every time I ask a question.

You do know that school will won't allow any calculators that can store stuff like this into exams, right? Stop tryna cheat, people have been doing this forever.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

5 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

You do know that school will won't allow any calculators that can store stuff like this into exams, right? Stop tryna cheat, people have been doing this forever.

without OP specifying what 'school' he's referring to, I'm left to assume this is a university level course which allows all calculators.  Using a graphing calculator is NOT cheating if it is allowed by the instructor of the course.  I've proctored an exam which allowed students to bring THEIR LAPTOP. 

So don't just make assumptions of guilt given the lack of details. 

11 minutes ago, 7he404guy said:

without OP specifying what 'school' he's referring to, I'm left to assume this is a university level course which allows all calculators.  Using a graphing calculator is NOT cheating if it is allowed by the instructor of the course.  I've proctored an exam which allowed students to bring THEIR LAPTOP. 

So don't just make assumptions of guilt given the lack of details. 

Regardless of the lack of details, it does sound slightly suspicious, but whatever.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

it does sound slightly suspicious

Yes, it does, but if OP's intent is nefarious use, then 1 of 2 things happens:

1) they're looking over their shoulder for the proctor the whole time and end up failing due to lack of time

2) because they weren't looking over their shoulder the whole time, the proctor caught them and silently made a note to dock marks on the student's exam. 

If the intent is to cheat, you lose out eventually.   

38 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Exactly!

23 minutes ago, 7he404guy said:

If the intent is to cheat, you lose out eventually.

Either way, we are not here to help people cheat, that's not up for debate.

Check eBay for a good deal on a graphing calculator, you may be able to get one cheaper than you think. Something like a Ti-89, Ti-92, or any newer model that has CAS in the model might raise some flags, because they have more equation solving functionality. A Ti-83 or Ti-84 should pass muster for any professor that will allow calculators at all.

Ti graphing calculators last a long time, so it's something you can hold onto for a while.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

13 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

If that's the case, school could reset calculators memory before exam. Or they would specify allowed calculators. Here only the finals from college-level school had such restrictions (and some entry exams for Applied Unis). The rest don't care as you are required to know how to use formulas.

I would recommend buying used graphical calculator. Yes, they are expensive buying new. Mine was €80 15 years ago. But it's still handy for my current studies. It's Casio, but as I don't have it at hand now, I don't remember the model.

E: We also have book full of formulas and other stuff for math, chemistry and physics which is allowed to be at hand in exams. Except those couple entry exams where they provide everything you should need.

Edited by LogicalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

If that's the case, school could reset calculators memory before exam.

That's what we had to do before entering the exam hall.