Will my monitor bottleneck my build?

sponkaa

Im building my first build atm and I have an older samsung panel from the 2010s, I think it has 60hz refresh rate and 5ms response time, but it has no Freesync (obviously).

Will it bottleneck or somehow ruin my game experience with the RX580 in my build? Should I buy a new monitor?

Thanks in advance :D

No real bottleneck, but the question of buying  anew monitor isn't predicated on that.  What monitor exactly is it?

4 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Unless you're using VSync, no.

there's a more complicated answer, but for the ease of me being too lazy to type out the full 3-paragraph explanation resuling in "no" i'm gonna say the above.

14 minutes ago, manikyath said:

there's a more complicated answer, but for the ease of me being too lazy to type out the full 3-paragraph explanation resuling in "no" i'm gonna say the above.

15 minutes ago, Lorant said:

No real bottleneck, but the question of buying  anew monitor isn't predicated on that.  What monitor exactly is it?

22 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Unless you're using VSync, no.

Just found out what the model is. It is the Samsung T220HD (https://www.cnet.com/products/samsung-syncmaster-t220hd/)

Should I upgrade?

1 minute ago, sponkaa said:

Just found out what the model is. It is the Samsung T220HD (https://www.cnet.com/products/samsung-syncmaster-t220hd/)

Should I upgrade?

"Native Resolution
1680 x 1050 at 60 Hz"

your graphics card can handle a lot better than that. an upgrade would be nice.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 minutes ago, sponkaa said:

Just found out what the model is. It is the Samsung T220HD

You can try overclocking it, you should be able to do 75Hz and no need to upgrade if you are happy with it.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:
"Native Resolution
1680 x 1050 at 60 Hz"

your graphics card can handle a lot better than that. an upgrade would be nice.

Thinking the same.

I would probably upgrade either to the Acer R241YBbmix or the Samsung S24R350

51 minutes ago, sponkaa said:

Im building my first build atm and I have an older samsung panel from the 2010s, I think it has 60hz refresh rate and 5ms response time, but it has no Freesync (obviously).

Will it bottleneck or somehow ruin my game experience with the RX580 in my build? Should I buy a new monitor?

Thanks in advance :D

Naw, you should be fine. I'm using a 60 hz 1080 monitor with a RX 5700 for gaming, but I mainly purchased this GPU to improve my VR experience. There are other factors, but if 60 fps is smooth enough of an experience for you, then it won't 'ruin' your experience. You can always try a game at 2k to improve your experience and the graphics may appear slightly crisper on your monitor. This will be more taxing on your GPU though and obviously you're still stuck at 1080 resolution.