Are you aware of what's happening in Venezuela?

Nicolas

Also ive heard that hes blaming the Ex-president of Colombia (álvaro uribe) for the disturbances... Hes not a man with a clean record but its something

Yeah, but hew blames everybody, he blames the opposition, the US, CIA, Colombia, now Spiderman

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

Pinochet?

Exactley, i really hope it doesn't happen but watching the news it is really similar.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Exactley, i really hope it doesn't happen but watching the news it is really similar.

I watched Breaking Bad, prompting me to look up Pinochet. :P (one bad guy is from Chile)

Speaking of the repression by the government, there are currently 3 Sukhoi fighter jets, accompanied with 3 other jets (I don't know the model, I'm not getting this from news or anything I'm seeing it from my apartment) circling the capital, Caracas, at a really low height, it's probably around 1900 meters above sea level, (which isn't very high considering that most of the city is around 900-1100 meters above sea level) and again, I'm eye balling this, this is probably just a move by the government to build fear in people, not working though, everyone is making fun of this all over twitter

EDIT: I forgot to add that a big military cargo plane that looked like an AC-130, again, don't know the exact model or anything, made a pass, have not seen it since.

EDIT2: The other 3 jets have been identified, there are also Sukhoi jets, but are a different variant

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

Speaking of the repression by the government, there are currently 3 Sukhoi fighter jets, accompanied with 3 other jets (I don't know the model, I'm not getting this from news or anything I'm seeing it from my apartment) circling the capital, Caracas, at a really low height, it's probably around 1900 meters above sea level, (which isn't very high considering that most of the city is around 900-1100 meters above sea level) and again, I'm eye balling this, this is probably just a move by the government to build fear in people, not working though, everyone is making fun of this all over twitter

EDIT: I forgot to add that a big military cargo plane that looked like an AC-130, again, don't know the exact model or anything, made a pass, have not seen it since.

EDIT2: The other 3 jets have been identified, there are also Sukhoi jets, but are a different variant

I've also heard about tanks being brought in to Caracas for a "parade"..

Main Rig: i7 3770k, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LP, MSI MPower Z77, Corsair H60, MSI GTX 780 LightningI, Ultra X4 1050Watts, 128gb SSD, 4tb Storage.

Lappy: ASUS G46VW i7 3630QM,  16Gb Corsair Vengeance, 128gb SSD, 500gb HDD, 1600x900 Screen. 

do you happen to have a stinger or IGLA? Stay safe... Hopefully some one is able to help Venezuela's citizens

I've also heard about tanks being brought in to Caracas for a "parade"..

Yeah, but that is not too common, usually just humvee type vehicles to "control" the protests, also in Barquisimeto, people got on top of a tank and forced the driver out, sadly, they couldn't drive it, and in San Cristobal people stole one of these humvee type trucks lol

do you happen to have a stinger or IGLA? Stay safe... Hopefully some one is able to help Venezuela's citizens

I wish I had one of those... It would be hilarious that they are just doing a pass, no problems or anything when BOOM!

Yeah, but that is not too common, usually just humvee type vehicles to "control" the protests, also in Barquisimeto, people got on top of a tank and forced the driver out, sadly, they couldn't drive it, and in San Cristobal people stole one of these humvee type trucks lol

I wish I had one of those... It would be hilarious that they are just doing a pass, no problems or anything when BOOM!

Hey man I'm also from Venezuela... sadly I had to leave the country 2.5 years ago because of extreme insecurity problems around my area. Anything you need or just to talk, just send me a message or whatever.

There is a video on youtube in english that explains exactly what is happening in Vzla. The only problem is that it is a few days old so everything in reality is much worse than what that video says:

PLEASE LTT COMMUNITY: SHARE THIS... WE ARE MORE THAN 50K. ALL OF US CAN HELP THE COUNTRY THAT NOT SO LONG AGO GAVE SHELTER TO PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD.

#ResistenciaVenezuela

Dell XPS 15 9560 - Nikon Z5 - Galaxy S10+

Hey man I'm also from Venezuela... sadly I had to leave the country 2.5 years ago because of extreme insecurity problems around my area. Anything you need or just to talk, just send me a message or whatever.

Oh, cool, sad you had to leave the country, two of my best friends had to leave too because of the same thing

Oh, cool, sad you had to leave the country, two of my best friends had to leave too because of the same thing

yeah it sucks!

yeah it sucks!

Where did you move? the us like everybody else?

Where did you move? the us like everybody else?

nope, Northern Ireland :P

I want to be very respectful of our posters from the region. I have no great love for Hugo Chavez at all, so this is not in any way a celebration of him. BUT I would just like to be just SLIGHTLY the devils advocate. I thinks its very important to have both sides.....What ever the government does, is completely unforgiveable and I don't care the reasons. You don't kill your own citizens but to claim that chavez did nothing good is stupid. He might just have done good for different classes than the one you belong to.

Chavez turned insane, but the posters here makes it sound like everybody hates him and that he ruined everything. I doubt the people who love chavez would be on this forum since they are dirt poor. The rich ruled everything in venezuela before and especially completely controlled the media which is one of the reasons why Chavez turned dark side and started controlling the media and canceling contracts or whatever he did.

Unemployment 14.5% in 1999, it 7,6 in 2009. Infant mortality fell from 20 to 13. Extreme poverty rates fell dramatically from 23% to 8.5%....It has fallen to 7 since. GDP per capita was 4,100 in 1999 and were 10,800 in 2009.

The problem is that a lot of the rest of society failed massively. The murder rate has been insane from 24 to 41.

The numbers are taken from "World Bank, the United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR), International Monetary Fund (IMF), Reuters, the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), the US Energy Information Administration (eia), the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (Opec)"

I think Chavez had some noble motivations and plans but turned paranoid, egomaniac and extremely power hungry.

But again. What happens in Venezuela is a travesty and a terrible and senseless loss of life.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I want to be very respectful of our posters from the region. I have no great love for Hugo Chavez at all, so this is not in any way a celebration of him. BUT I would just like to be just SLIGHTLY the devils advocate. I thinks its very important to have both sides.....What ever the government does, is completely unforgiveable and I don't care the reasons. You don't kill your own citizens but to claim that chavez did nothing good is stupid. He might just have done good for different classes than the one you belong to.

Chavez turned insane, but the posters here makes it sound like everybody hates him and that he ruined everything. I doubt the people who love chavez would be on this forum since they are dirt poor. The rich ruled everything in venezuela before and especially completely controlled the media which is one of the reasons why Chavez turned dark side and started controlling the media and canceling contracts or whatever he did.

Unemployment 14.5% in 1999, it 7,6 in 2009. Infant mortality fell from 20 to 13. Extreme poverty rates fell dramatically from 23% to 8.5%....It has fallen to 7 since. GDP per capita was 4,100 in 1999 and were 10,800 in 2009.

The problem is that a lot of the rest of society failed massively. The murder rate has been insane from 24 to 41.

The numbers are taken from "World Bank, the United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR), International Monetary Fund (IMF), Reuters, the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), the US Energy Information Administration (eia), the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (Opec)"

I think Chavez had some noble motivations and plans but turned paranoid, egomaniac and extremely power hungry.

But again. What happens in Venezuela is a travesty and a terrible and senseless loss of life.

I never said Chavez was a bad man, he may not have had the greatest of intentions, but he was a genius, if he had wanted to he could have turned Venezuela into a Dubai, the thing that put us back was Cuba, see, Chavez held Fidel's intentions back a bit, because he wanted to do all of this turning Venezuela into Cuba, looking like the good guy, he was a genius, because he was accomplishing it, I never supported him, but he won legitimately every election hi was on, back then this was democracy because he did win, even tho people don't want to accept it he won that election on October 7th 2012, now the thing with Maduro is that he is an idiot, he called the island of Margarita, Cumana, and a couple others a state, which are all cities. People never liked him, even the people that supported Chavez said that he is useless and that they didn't want him, and the fact that April's elections could of could not have been a fraud is irrelevant because even if it wasn't they had to do the re-count because it's the law, so they violated the law with no reason, because if you won legitimately you have nothing to hide

EDIT: Granted I'm still a minor, so my opinions on politics might not make the most sense, and it doesn't really matter if I supported or didn't support Chavez because I can't even vote yet lol, but yeah, a lot of people never really trusted Chavez too much because he was in jail and he had been with the cubans back in the day, so yeah

pay attention people. if you let the government take your firearms in any way, situations like this eventually happen and then we are defenseless, oppose gun control of any form 

pay attention people. if you let the government take your firearms in any way, situations like this eventually happen and then we are defenseless, oppose gun control of any form 

Yeah don't worry, that's not going to happen, there's been some gun control in the past like they suspended gun licenses for a while (as in you can't get a gun license) but idk if it's still on, but anyways my dad has his license and a .357 magnum, and he says that if the time come he will use it if he has to, and believe me, he is an AMAZING shot, he can use that revolver as a sniper, he can hit soda cans 70 meters away, single handedly

Yeah don't worry, that's not going to happen, there's been some gun control in the past like they suspended gun licenses for a while (as in you can't get a gun license) but idk if it's still on, but anyways my dad has his license and a .357 magnum, and he says that if the time come he will use it if he has to, and believe me, he is an AMAZING shot, he can use that revolver as a sniper, he can hit soda cans 70 meters away, single handedly

yeah but a license is still gun control they know who has how many guns and can come them, there should be no licenses or a limit on what type of fire arms or ammunution someone can get

This is not an issue in a civilised country.

look at us here the the usa it's a huge issues with these retarded liberals trying to take away guns to further their agenda of a nation with no rights and all mighty police power

Man, that's a shit place to live in. If I was you, I will leave that wrecked place immediately.

How did you build a computer with that violence??

It's still a livable country, not a battlefield.

look at us here the the usa it's a huge issues with these retarded liberals trying to take away guns to further their agenda of a nation with no rights and all mighty police power

this country never had issues whit guns in hands of legal civilians also criminals buy them stupidly cheap in the black market to begin whit 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

How did you build a computer with that violence??

It's still livable you know, also I built it in november way before this crap started, to find  affordable and available parts was as hard as finding freaking bin laden, still don't know how I managed it lol

So, hopefully some of you know, that there's some stuff going on right now here, where I live, in Venezuela, I'm just posting this on here because we are trying to raise global awareness of the situation, look it up online if you are interested, if you speak Spanish just read #12FVnzlaEnLaCalleNicolasPaElCoñoTeVas or #conclu12f on twitter and you will get an idea if you don't speak spanish just see the pictures, anyways I will briefly explain it.

Basically we are in total repression, we are being deprived of unbiased news so we aren't aware of what's going on, but they are failing at it thanks to twitter, NTN24 (colombian news) has been taken down from tv here and the website has been blocked for giving news about what's going on, today there was a pacific protest, pretty much countrywide, or it was pacific until the government started being violent, over 30 wounded by bullets and 3 university student shot dead, that's nothing new, over 300.000 people have been killed in the last 10 years, about 73 per day are killed. And they are still saying that the opposition is starting the violence, while every single leader is calling peace, there's no freedom of speech or anything, they just step on the constitution, now they are trying to deprive us from our constitutional right of protesting pacifically, this is a fake government, they were "elected" in april last year after the death of Chavez, whose government was no different that this one, everybody knows it was a fraud, but because they couldn't give 2 shits about the law, they didn't even reply to the petition from the opposition of re-counting the votes, because they know we know it was a fraud.

With this I'm not asking for help or anything, I'm just trying to raise awareness of the situation, if you can just let people know, I would be very thankful.

Thanks.

so what do you want to achieve by raising awareness?

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.